• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Testing at Mid Ohio...

What is this Lightning McQueen from Cars?

Exactly what I was thinking last night... reminds me of a Pixar/Disney-ized cartoon car

Prediction: Most popular aftermarket part for NSX 2 = Replacement front bumper/fascia from SOS ...get busy guys :cool:

there doesn't appear to be a valid tow hook location up front ?
no front license plate option ?

Last edited:
acura keeping the beak it seems , eventho everyone said they dont like it.

i cant get over the beak....

Good post N Spec. First of all I totally agree that they need to thin the front and going with 18s may be a way to do that (keep the 20s in the rear) but I wonder if their is a law that requires that the headlights be placed at a minimum height for visibility and because they have the headlights mounted below the hood, they are limited in how low they can make the front? Secondly, these pictures provide a good perspective of the emotion that the "face" of the car expresses. The 2002 model is sad (not angry) and the 2015 model is happy. What is this Lightning McQueen from Cars? I would like to see them come out with a car with some attitude. How about a little rage? The new Vette is a good example of the fierce emotion that the front end should exude. Come on Honda, let go of the Transformers thing!

I am concerned that having the headlights under the hood was a bad call. Perhaps it's too late for them to redesign that aspect... If you see the comparison pic I posted, even with the sharper nose of the first gen NSX, the headlights sit higher than the modern NSX Concept...

I think the rears should be 19 if the fronts are 18s, although I think they could still have a thinner nose with 19/20 combo (See below as for how I think it's possible). You and many others desire to redesign the front fascia but to me it is but just a minor detail. Like RedWings mentioned, I am sure there will be an aftermarket front bumper that can remedy the issue if not some plastidip or paint. This is very much like the rear valence of the 91-01 NSX. Everyone prefers the 02+ but they can live with the early design. Also, I am sure the plastic will be redesigned in 3-4 years with a refresh if the new NSX does well.

What I am still concerned about is the the overall silhouette/shape. I doubt they will fix it now as the overall proportions are cemented by now I'm sure, but if I were to play with the proportions:

N2XMorph_zps3337e35e.gif

-7% reduction in the hoodline height and extending it a few inches.
-Then extending the rear like I posted before
-Finally reduce roof height by ~one inch

And this is just to show in perspective what a sharper nose would do for the stance:

Sharpernose_zpse724e773.gif

*I have posted two animated GIFs that are about 150KB per piece. Hit reload if the images are not animated.

I assume the higher bonnet is to meet the crash standard. Longer tail increase drags, correct?

I assume the higher bonnet is to meet the crash standard. Longer tail increase drags, correct?
Not sure about meeting crash standards but I did just read that there is a federal regulation that requires that headlamps be at least 22 inches from the ground. So concerns about mounting them under the hood being a limitation to lowering the nose are apparently well founded. Regarding the longer tail increasing drag, I thought it would have the opposite effect. FYI -This is not an expert opinion.

Well the other way to make the nose appear sharper is to just simply extend it more with a taper while maintaining hood height. The same can be done in the rear.

I would be happy if they came out with a car that looked like the current concept though. Honda has to start somewhere. Something is better than nothing and at least it not front engine!!!! Also, tt's not like there is really anything else in the same price range that can deliver performance, value and exotic appeal. It already looks way better than the R8 to me, so that's not a concern or competitor in my mind.

I think most NSX Prime members feel pretty much the same way, N Spec. Its our passion for Honda and the NSX that drives us to want to make it the best it can be. I also think that right or wrong, there is a sense among many that with 2 years to go before it goes into production, we can affect the design. Not sure if Jon Ikeda or Ted Klaus is paying attention but I believe our opinion counts. Perhaps one of us can hand something to Ikeda at the 2014 NAIAS in Detroit in January?

When I first heard the initial vid, I thought for sure it can't be a v6. But after going through various J series vids on youtube, it sounds a lot like those vids. So maybe a j35 or 37 or ?.

Of course, Honda could very well be augmenting the sounds in the vid. That said, I'm going to tell my "industry friends" that their info is complete bollocks re: the nsx 2.0 powerplant. Unless of course, Honda is throwing the interweb sleuths off. ;)

When I first heard the initial vid, I thought for sure it can't be a v6. But after going through various J series vids on youtube, it sounds a lot like those vids. So maybe a j35 or 37 or ?.

Of course, Honda could very well be augmenting the sounds in the vid. That said, I'm going to tell my "industry friends" that their info is complete bollocks re: the nsx 2.0 powerplant. Unless of course, Honda is throwing the interweb sleuths off. ;)

What info do your friends have?

The most significant info was that it was a v6 but twin turbocharged. Frankly, you take everything with a grain of salt as Honda is great about secrecy and disinformation but these guys are reputable, said the same thing at separate times, and have been correct in most cases.

I don't think I'll get them in trouble for stating the above.

The most significant info was that it was a v6 but twin turbocharged. Frankly, you take everything with a grain of salt as Honda is great about secrecy and disinformation but these guys are reputable, said the same thing at separate times, and have been correct in most cases.

Last I read was that it WAS twin turbo on top of all the other stuff.

Beat me to it Pony are you going to post this on Vtec.net for Rolled bwahaha

Edit he already posted that Honda doesn't want anyone to know yet so sound manipulation.

Last edited:
Sweet!

Beat me to it Pony are you going to post this on Vtec.net for Rolled bwahaha

Edit he already posted that Honda doesn't want anyone to know yet so sound manipulation.

haha...he and I don't get a long much. Much of that is my fault though. I've tried to be civil in offering a valid counterpoint to his predictions/facts/guesstimates. Well, most of the time. I'm sure we'd get along fine IRL. His predictions or facts are about 50% right.

Looks like Jeff responded that the sound is genuine audio from the test car. Though this won't be the actual powerplant for the real car.

NSX_DOOR.JPG

The door appears to be a non-production part. It's a thin motorsports version with no door panel.

Back