• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The 2017 Acura NSX reality check

I find it funny that people discredit this Honda Fanboy. If you had driven a ITR or a S2k and saw the smile it puts on your face. Honda built amazing cars that were affordable. Drivers cars that made you grin every time it hit Vtec. There are some people that are true Honda enthusiasts and the reviewer is one. You guys always jump on people saying they don't like this car because they can't afford it. The review has many valid points. With all the hype of this new Nsx it better be great.

I've driven both and then some. There's no way the S2K is better than the original NSX in any form or shape. Hands down. Everyone views the NSX as an upgrade to the S2000.

p.s. N Spec, i drove that assortment of cars on Wednesday, and not very nicely. completely unbiased, and i'll bet you can't pick which one is my fav...

p.s.s. drifted the fark out of the Huracan in Corsa mode. boy is that fun, it's surprisingly rear endy past the limit...

You probably liked the GT3 best. Everyone keeps raving about it.

The new Huracan seems to be severely underrated when it comes to the dyno as it's putting down quite a bit more than expected - The total opposite of the 488, which is actually a bit overrated apparently on the dyno.

Last edited:
Who of you got to drive the new NSX and can arrogate to himself that he can judge the steering? :wink: None. Everything else is purely mental masturb.

Who of you got to drive the new NSX and can arrogate to himself that he can judge the steering? :wink: None. Everything else is purely mental masturb.

the fact that the vague or lacking in feel steering has been mentioned quite a bit by more than a few reviewers would lead one to believe it may in fact be a bit lacking in feel. secondly, Acura/Honda technically explaining why that is, also lends credibility to said claims by the automotive media.

i have personally not driven this car, but i know several who have. including some who may or may not have allegedly been part of official pre-production testing and development, and i will leave it at that for obvious reasons. also, several of my colleagues were in attendance at the Sonoma test, and have also driven the car. again, i will be extraordinarily vague to protect the identities of all covert operatives. they are all personal mates and highly professional drivers, and all know i have had several NSX's, Ferrari's, an MR2, an F150, about a dozen Ducati's, a few KTM dirtbikes, several Honda streetbikes, and some pretty rad jet skis and mountain bikes. so they know me well, my driving style, what i like when it comes to cars (power, balance, feel) etc. and once again, they have real experience behind the wheel of the soon-to-be-released 2023 NSX.

so i (personally) consider their opinion valid...

You probably liked the GT3 best. Everyone keeps raving about it.

The new Huracan seems to be severely underrated when it comes to the dyno as it's putting down quite a bit more than expected - The total opposite of the 488, which is actually a bit overrated apparently on the dyno.

the Huracan is an absolute monster, simply stunning to drive. i'd really like to drive the 580-2, i feel like that would actually be even more fun.

the GT3, an absolutely magical machine. in my top 3 for sure. probably the best value for a Supercar there is? the grin that car will put on your face for, $140,000 i think, is unmatched. i do love thrashing it, but neither of that or the full strength Huracan are my current favourite...

I've read the reviews and the possible explanation from Acura too. :wink: I'm not saying they are wrong. But the key point is if it's such a problem that driving it is discouraging. I'd say no. Even if the steering is a little bit different you should get a lot of pleasure with torque vectoring. That's a key feature of the new car. So I guess that the positive sides prevail. If not buy Mazda MX-5, Lotus Elise or Caterham but please remind that these cars are different (smaller) animals. So please no comparision to Mazda anymore. :)

torque vectoring is advantageous for performance, but less feeling through the steering feel wouldn't increase enjoyment.

i don't preach the Miata. i'm sure they're super fun little cars, but i need more horsepower than a Vespa to have fun in a car...

Back