• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The (2nd) Official 2016 F1 thread

Makes for a new silly season! I can't imagine that Merc won't try to convince Rosberg to come out of retirement (not sure if his contract expires at the end of this season) with a butt load of more money.

But in a way I'm happy to see a driver retire before he is past his prime, on his own terms, I hope.

Maybe Merc will bring Schumacher out of retirement; Ralf and not Michael.

Makes for a new silly season! I can't imagine that Merc won't try to convince Rosberg to come out of retirement (not sure if his contract expires at the end of this season) with a butt load of more money.

But in a way I'm happy to see a driver retire before he is past his prime, on his own terms, I hope.

Maybe Merc will bring Schumacher out of retirement; Ralf and not Michael.

What a difference with the old days when young aspiring drivers barely existed. It was hard filling the seats sometimes ! Now on any given race week, right in the teams' garage, there is a pool of young blood some with good sponsorship money waiting to jump in....I don't think Ralph will be coming out of moth balls :)

This may simply be a fishing expedition to see how much more dough the team will cough up.

Credit to where credit is due. DHL has given the Fastest Lap records holder a special recognition every year since 2007. They gave the award today to Nico. He has lapped the fastest more often than everyone else this year.

Back