• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The (2nd) Official 2016 F1 thread

There is a fairly easy to solution, just install GPS track monitors around the track, program the track limits into the FIA standard ECU, once the car exceed the track limits, power is cut by 50%.... Results, Drivers suffer from lack of power cannot acceleration and loose positions. All the safety run off areas remains intact, so safety is not compromised.
Then we'll see Driver obeying track limit rules.

Bram

I sure hope you are correct.....it seem that Nico have all the luck in the World...but keeping my fingers cross. One mis-hap, and let's see if Nico can recovers during the next race.

Bram

The race was a quagmire.
I love a wet race but not this wet.

They had plenty of opportunities to race, the rain was not even that bad. Plenty of drivers were saying it was raining a lot at times, but not to where they couldn't race. Some even called it normal rain conditions, or something to that effect.

I sure hope you are correct.....it seem that Nico have all the luck in the World...but keeping my fingers cross. One mis-hap, and let's see if Nico can recovers during the next race.

Bram

One mishap and it's over for either one of them. Nico just has to come in 3rd or better and the championship is his.
If Lewis comes in anywhere behind Nico, it's over.

Barring any mechanical failures, I think this is Nico's year. We know it's gonna be a dry race.

Brazil has a couple of spots where the water runs across the track and makes a mess of racing. Think back to that race when Giancarlo Fisichella won for Jordan when it was red flagged.

Of course, it can also be awesome (if you are Lewis Hamilton) and win your world drivers championship because of the rain!

In my opinion we witnessed a harbinger. It's already been recognized that Max V might be one of the all-time greats. But this race, to me, showed it in no uncertain terms. He was simply amazing. If he hadn't switched to inters mid-race I think he would have been fighting for the win. Or maybe would not have been fighting for it, having dispatched both Mercedes well before the final lap.

The kid is going to be champion if he has the equipment. I hesitate to compare him to Senna, yet, but I think soon we'll be mentioning their names in the same sentences.

MV is certainly a talent but we have to remember that he's had a large slice of luck to help him appear so great - In Spain Rosbergs' actions took out both Mercs to help Max win - that would never have happened if the Mercs were still running. Even in Brazil, Rosberg was understandably playing it very safe, he was never going to fight anyone in that situation - he has no reason to. I still think the Mercs have enough in their back pockets to control the race from the front. It will be nice in the final race if LH gets ahead and the Red bulls can get past Rosberg, then we will see if he has the minerals.

I agree that Max is going to be WC one day, however, he have a few things to learn first. I have said in one of my previous post, that he will cause a BIG accident and that's going to teach him to respect the racng line. In Brazil he was great because of the new tires he was running, however, there is no way that he would have been giving Lewis a fight for the Win.

I'm putting money on Lewis to clinch the WC this year next weekend too.

Bram

I agree that Max is going to be WC one day, however, he have a few things to learn first. I have said in one of my previous post, that he will cause a BIG accident and that's going to teach him to respect the racng line. In Brazil he was great because of the new tires he was running, however, there is no way that he would have been giving Lewis a fight for the Win.

I'm putting money on Lewis to clinch the WC this year next weekend too.

Bram

I'm not much of a gambler, but Nico is gonna take it.

I was surprised RB brought Max in to change tires when he was in second?

Realibility is going to play a big part, as it has all throught-out the year for the MB boy's.

Bram

Agreed it didn't seem to make sense? Red Bull were gambling on the changing conditions, as they often do, but usually with just their second car on track, but in this case they went with both cars.

And that last run through the pack was impressive, but lady luck has been shining down on Verstappen quite a lot this year. Interestingly Ricciardo had a less inspiring race mainly due to his visor fogging up, something he's not experienced before? It would have been a different game in that case, as Ricciardo's times, when not in the spray of the car in front, were matching Verstappen's times. Still all credit to Verstappen for pushing it as far as he did.

Coming down to the wire. Next two days will be interesting.

p.s. A little sad that Button pretty much announced his retirement after Abu Dhabi.

Crappy way for Button to go out.

Yes, Rosberg should be good to go bar any problems.

Max is going to dominate in the future.

great last few laps, really wish Vettel could have gotten to the front and taken that win away.

but glad to see Rosberg get the title, it's always nice to see the pure emotion and elation from a new world champ.

hopefully next year Ferrari and Red Bull can get solidly in the mix. looks like McLaren Honda are still a few years away sadly...

Those last five laps!
Wonderful!

Next year will be very interesting!

Yeah, 5 more laps the WC would be been a different result.

Congrats to Nico....Lewis have to keep the results of the last 4 races a the prize...reliability did play a big role in this year's championship .

Next year it all start from zero.

Bram

Back