• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The (2nd) Official 2016 F1 thread

i agree, in my opinion Rosberg is completely at fault. Lauda sounds like a dumbarse. Hamilton had a run on Rosberg and he completely blocked the entire track, ending up on the complete opposite side of the racing line. totally ridiculous behaviour...

i agree, in my opinion Rosberg is completely at fault. Lauda sounds like a dumbarse. Hamilton had a run on Rosberg and he completely blocked the entire track, ending up on the complete opposite side of the racing line. totally ridiculous behaviour...

Racers ARE allowed to defend but can only block once in one direction, which Nico did. He wasn't swerving all over the track blocking Lewis.
Not only that, Hamilton was already on the grass even before his front wing was up to Nico's rear wheel.

i'm fully aware of the Formula 1 "one defensive move" rule. it's still complete bullshit in my opinion. Rosberg went from the extreme left hand side of the track almost to the extreme right hand side leaving Hamilton absolutely nowhere to go (but on the grass) as he closed Nico down with significantly more speed from a much better drive off the previous corner.

Rosberg ended up on the exact opposite side of the track to be on the fast line, which is completely counter productive to maintaining momentum and staying in the lead. personally i'm bored as hell knowing before qualifying that a Mercedes will win the race come Sunday, and i don't root for either driver over the other. BUT, i am super glad that Hamilton's car took out Rosberg's as well. poetic justice and irony all wrapped up in one.

and if you want to keep it simple, cause and effect style. had Rosberg not made such a retarded move, his car wouldn't have been in the gravel trap in that corner on the first lap. end of story.

in other words, he's responsible for the consequences of his own actions...

i'm fully aware of the Formula 1 "one defensive move" rule. it's still complete bullshit in my opinion. Rosberg went from the extreme left hand side of the track almost to the extreme right hand side leaving Hamilton absolutely nowhere to go (but on the grass) as he closed Nico down with significantly more speed from a much better drive off the previous corner.

Rosberg ended up on the exact opposite side of the track to be on the fast line, which is completely counter productive to maintaining momentum and staying in the lead. personally i'm bored as hell knowing before qualifying that a Mercedes will win the race come Sunday, and i don't root for either driver over the other. BUT, i am super glad that Hamilton's car took out Rosberg's as well. poetic justice and irony all wrapped up in one.

and if you want to keep it simple, cause and effect style. had Rosberg not made such a retarded move, his car wouldn't have been in the gravel trap in that corner on the first lap. end of story.

in other words, he's responsible for the consequences of his own actions...

Nico didn't even touch Lewis' car, unlike a year or two ago, when Lewis actually pushed Nico off the track at turn 1 at COTA.

I totally agree with FA, Rosberg move once (yes I know about the rules too) off the racing line, and then countine drifting onto Lewis. Lewis was committed an with that speed had no other option.
Karma all the way!!

Bram

seems we're all in agreement then. Nico was being a total dick, stepped way over the "totalitarian dickhead line" and he got instant karma-ed. :smile:

i love it when it works out that way...

seems we're all in agreement then. Nico was being a total dick, stepped way over the "totalitarian dickhead line" and he got instant karma-ed. :smile:

i love it when it works out that way...

At least he's still leading the championship.

Hambone has lots of grid penalties coming his way, sooner rather than later. :)

Proves that Nico can't handle a bit of pressure...

I think Lewis is the one that has proven he can't handle a bit of pressure if he's not starting at the front and getting a clean start.

I think Lewis is the one that has proven he can't handle a bit of pressure if he's not starting at the front and getting a clean start.

I perceive that as frustration :) Who can blame him for that after the run of luck he's had so far. Makes good viewing for us though, long may it continue.

Lewis had a massive run on him and was going for a clean pass, until dumbarse blocked the shit out of him and ran him off the track.

i think Lewis is handling the pressure just fine. it's his teammate who was with Merc before Lewis arrived, yet has been smashed for the last two years who can't handle the pressure...

What he ^ said.

agree....the current world champ should be considered the #1 team driver...his teammate has a hard time with that

officially no ... but human nature is what it is...that's all a racing driver has to show for his work....

I'm told that georg nolte spending time with ferrari brass in monaco is raising some eyebrows..

Back