• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Drive of My Life. My NSX

Congrats JohnP! I think I saw the car listed on Craigslist for an amazing price? I'm happy to see that a fellow Primer got it.

BTW did you end up getting a ticket? My first speeding ticket was in Texas. :mad: I hate driving through that state!

Congrats JohnP! I think I saw the car listed on Craigslist for an amazing price? I'm happy to see that a fellow Primer got it.

BTW did you end up getting a ticket? My first speeding ticket was in Texas. :mad: I hate driving through that state!

Nope, no ticket. Warning! I was in New Mexico, a little more lenient than Texas :)

Congrats and welcome to prime! You have a great story to go with your car and every time you drive it, will be motivation to stay on the wagon. I love reading your blog too!

I'm so glad you enjoyed the drive home. I will be boarding my flight in a couple hours to go pick up "the one" hopefully and I have a 23 hr drive home with it as well. Due to my job, I drive my 1 ton A LOT for work (I've got over 7K miles on this month). And to be honest, I'm looking forward to the car, the drive not so much.

Your car looks good! I cannot wait to get behind the wheel of the one I am going to look at!

Last edited:
Holy crap. You look very familiar. You work various car events correct? You've always hooked me and my black NSX with excellent parking spots. Congrats on the car and weight loss. Hope to see you soon.

Congrats on the car!! I just purchased one a few weeks ago also.. But it has been with Shawn in tampa since purchasing and I haven't seen it in over a month(since I test drove it).. Getting some maintenance done..

I definitely inspired by your story and will be doing a video of my own now when I pick up the car... Can't wait!!

Easily one of the best posts on Prime
Congrats to you !
Great picture and backstory :biggrin:

8966304806_71f4dac894_c.jpg

Easily one of the best posts on Prime
Congrats to you !
Great picture and backstory :biggrin:

x2!!

You'll love the car! I've had mine 10+ years... it was beyond shot when I purchased it and have restored it myself over the years. I daily it the majority of the time and enjoy it more now than ever! Welcome to prime!!

Suggest going to his MaydayGarage Vimeo page and checking out the other videos there. The sushi conveyer belt one cracked me up.

Wow awesome! Your story is very inspirational on many levels! Car looks great and you look great next to it. Here's to a lifetime of memories to be made!
ENJOY!!!

Welcome to the community, JohnP. Three things:
1. Congratulations on your new ride and on your rediscovered fitness and lifestyle choices.
2. Thanks for making and posting the great video. It really captured the joy. I'm headed to your blog site next.
3. The correct way to close the trunk: Lower the trunk lid until it stops, then press down on the edge of the trunk lid above the latch. The trunk will latch closed easily. You drop the hood lid to close it but the trunk lid should be handled more gently. Not sure why but ask ANY primer or consult the owner's manual. </nag>

Looking forward to your future contributions to prime.

-Mike

Hello gentlemen, I was the person fortunate to document John's acquisition of the NSX and took a few photos and made that video. I'm glad you guys appreciate what sacrifices John had to make to make his dream a reality. It takes more than just hard work and sheer willpower to overcome the obstacles this man had to face.

To anyone in Houston that has thought about going to Formula Drift next friday, you should roll out with us on The Lonestar Run! You'll get free tickets to Friday's event and also some neat limited edition stickers from Mayday Garage. For more info, hit up the blog.

9688075593_c5cf666c1b_b.jpg

--David--

Thank you! The whole entire time im thinking, this cant be right haha. ^_^;

Welcome to the community, JohnP. Three things:
1. Congratulations on your new ride and on your rediscovered fitness and lifestyle choices.
2. Thanks for making and posting the great video. It really captured the joy. I'm headed to your blog site next.
3. The correct way to close the trunk: Lower the trunk lid until it stops, then press down on the edge of the trunk lid above the latch. The trunk will latch closed easily. You drop the hood lid to close it but the trunk lid should be handled more gently. Not sure why but ask ANY primer or consult the owner's manual.

Looking forward to your future contributions to prime.

-Mike

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks everyone for the compliments, this truly is a special car.

On this cold Saturday in PGH:

Every Saturday morning should start with a watch & listen of this. One of the best new buyer post/story/videos ever!

Makes me want Spring to come even quicker now.

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/67785293" webkitallowfullscreen="" mozallowfullscreen="" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="281" width="500"></iframe>
MaydayGarage's Road Trip From Utah to Texas
from MayDay DavidD on Vimeo.

Last edited:
Oh yeah! Lookin' good man, digging the tasteful mods!

Good for you! Great post!!!!

Back