• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Fast & Furious filming in Miami

Today and tomorrow the sequel to The Fast & Furious will be shot in Miami on SW 8th Street.

The main car will be a Red NSX.

It will be there.

------------------
James
2000 Red/Tan
South Florida
http://members.aol.com/flnsx

COOL-Throw up some pics if possible....

spam4.gif

This might be the Red NSX pictured in the current Import Tuner magazine. There's a small article in the first 10-15 pages picturing the cars "auditioning" for a F&F2 spot.

So the main car in the sequel will be the NSX, for sure? If yes, that's outstanding.

Originally posted by PHOEN$X:
Woohoo! Maybe this will do wonders for my resale value
biggrin.gif
Go out and buy red NSX's while they're cheap!

The first movie sure did boost the resale value of Supras.

I personally against to use NSX as movie shot car... this would make(increase) local punk or street racers driving NSXs ...

[This message has been edited by BostonNSX (edited 27 September 2002).]

Woohoo! Maybe this will do wonders for my resale value Go out and buy red NSX's while they're cheap!

Damnit! I don't need this movie messing up my chances to get an NSX!
frown.gif

According to Sport Compact Car, they have 4 red NSX's for the movie. The one pic I saw showed one with what looked like a full bodykit...

Originally posted by BostonNSX:
I personally against to use NSX as movie shot car... this would make(increase) local punk or street racers driving NSXs ...

I don't think that the NSX is soing to become the next street racing car. The costs involved in modding the NSX is not as affordable as modding an Interga or Civic. On the otherhand, if there was a SC or TT kit available for under $3,000 then you'd see an increase in the use of the NSX with street racers.

The cost of admission alone would discourage the use of the NSX as the next street racer let alone the cost to mod it. Unless these street racers have budgets larger than I think the possibly of a plethora of NSX's as street racers seems to me to be waaaaaaaaaaaaay out there!!!!! And I could personally give a rat's ass anyway. Frankly, the exposure would probably help the resale value of the cars.

Compared to say a Civic or Integra, sure, but a clean early MKIV Supra Turbo is comparable in price to a '91 NSX, and the later ones are still into the $40k range.

It's the cost to put out 500+ HP on an NSX that will probably turn them away...

I am so happy that they chose 4 RED NSX's for use in the upcoming movie. Would love to see what they have done to them. I guess the reason why they chose red is probably the same reason why I did 8^)

Originally Posted by Dr Lane.
I don't think that the NSX is soing to become the next street racing car. The costs involved in modding the NSX is not as affordable as modding an Interga or Civic. On the otherhand, if there was a SC or TT kit available for under $3,000 then you'd see an increase in the use of the NSX with street racers.

You forgot NOS. It is cheap and effective for what ricers do.

[This message has been edited by HPV100 (edited 27 September 2002).]

Originally posted by THEPOGNSXTC:
I herd that there not even going to do a part 2, since they cant get any of the orignal actors to be in it.

WELL I GOT A FRINE WHO IOS GONA BE THERE FILMING. HE TOLD ME LIKE TWO WEEKS AGO.AND ALSO I SAW SOME MOVIE SHOOTING AT THE OPALOKA AIRPORT,I WAS PASSING BY AND I SAW COUPLE OF HONDAS .

I have mixed feelings about this.

On one hand, it would be fun to see NSXs on the big screen.

On the other hand, I do not want to be associated with street racing punks and would hate to see NSXs end up in their hands.

For one thing, just imagine what that would do to the quality of this forum...

Likewise, one of the main reasons I did not end up getting a Supra was because of its role in the first movie. As much as I liked seeing the car in action on the big screen, its association with that crowd left a highly unappetizing taste in my mouth. I would hate to see the NSX become associated with the import racing scene. It is an exotic and deserves better than that.

Originally posted by Darkcyd:
Likewise, one of the main reasons I did not end up getting a Supra was because of its role in the first movie. As much as I liked seeing the car in action on the big screen, its association with that crowd left a highly unappetizing taste in my mouth. I would hate to see the NSX become associated with the import racing scene. It is an exotic and deserves better than that.

I 100000% AGREE WITH THIS

as much as i'd like to see an NSX in a film, not F&F... it's exotic, not a street beast... and if it puts it's price up, that would make me even more unhappy. =(

How about putting the NSX in a James Bond film or something... now that would stir, but not shake... =)

Back