• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Honda Trifecta

I recently picked up a 1998 Integra Type-R, and took the opportunity to meet up with @skafia for a photoshoot with his beautiful NSX Zanardi and S2000 CR Delete.

These are, in my humble opinion, the three greatest Honda sports car models to be sent to the USA. :)

The full photoset can be found at the link below, enjoy!

Full photoset: https://www.flickr.com/photos/sterlingsackey/albums/72157679315336675/with/32014566960/

32014566960_7a45d9faac_b.jpg

Beautiful. The small S2000 & Integra look huge compared to the NSX, that never fails to amaze me. Great post, thank you!

Beautiful. The small S2000 & Integra look huge compared to the NSX, that never fails to amaze me. Great post, thank you!

Almost everything dwarfs the NSX! If it weren't for the tall greenhouse that comfortably accomodates taller drivers (unlike most supercars), the NSX would be even lower than it already is, too.

those are exactly why Honda and Acura grew such a loyal fan-base...........now where have they left us.......a halo exotic out of reach for all but the 1% and a bunch of utes.....They better engage the spirit of Sochiro soon.....

Nice collection guys.

those are exactly why Honda and Acura grew such a loyal fan-base...........now where have they left us.......a halo exotic out of reach for all but the 1% and a bunch of utes.....They better engage the spirit of Sochiro soon.....

+1. Thank God my NSX (/94 with 52,000 miles) will likely outlast me.

I'm saddened by and rather disgusted with Acura's current offerings. If you are not in the market for a SUV you are left with the TLX and RLX -- very uninspiring is putting it politely. I was so looking forward to replacing my /06 TL with the TLX. That is until I drove the thing. Sure there are some nice features but the TLX is significantly smaller than the Gen III TL and the FWD V6 with that lousy ZF 9 speed, the lousy Goodyear tires and weird PAWS was awful to drive. The AWD TLX was better but size (especially the tight back seat) took it out of contention. The Gen III TL was perfection IMHO -- great looking sedan, decent handling, comfortable with full size back seat and had some soul. It was priced right too. A Japanese alternative to the E39 BMW at a fraction of the price with Japanese reliability as standard equipment and sans the arrogance factor of BMW and most of their dealers. Just my cup of tea.

Sadly I had to leave the Acura family and replaced the 06 (which incidentally went 10 years/140,000 miles with nothing more than regular maintenance and the grand total of $1,200 in repairs -- best daily driver I have ever owned) with a 2015 Audi A6 3.0T. The A6 is a lovely car which admittedly is in a different class than the Acura so not fair to compare. However, I am under no illusions about the running costs and suspect reliability of Audi/Mercedes/BMW. Thus A6 shall disappear around the time the warranty expires. I can only hope that by that time Acura will have seen the error of its ways and, along the lines of what Doc said, hopefully by then Acura will have channeled some Sochiro and produced a desirable sport sedan again. Pretty please Mother Honda! If you build it they will come.

Best,
Jeff

Well, one must remember that when the original NSX came out, it wasn't far off of the new NSX in today's money. Some dealers were charging over $100k after markups in 1991, which is around $180,000 today! Sticker price was around $70,000 OTD, which is $125,000 in today's money.

Honda is bringing the new Civic Type-R to the USA, and a smaller sports car with new NSX-esque styling is in the works (the patent drawings leaked a while back, the thread is likely on here). I wouldn't give up hope in Honda yet.

Indeed hoping for a renaissance. I can keep the A6 for 3 years and be in warranty most of that time but after that it is goodbye. Hopefully Mother Honda will have some interesting product by then!

Well, one must remember that when the original NSX came out, it wasn't far off of the new NSX in today's money. Some dealers were charging over $100k after markups in 1991, which is around $180,000 today! Sticker price was around $70,000 OTD, which is $125,000 in today's money.

Honda is bringing the new Civic Type-R to the USA, and a smaller sports car with new NSX-esque styling is in the works (the patent drawings leaked a while back, the thread is likely on here). I wouldn't give up hope in Honda yet.

You really have to compare the msrp in 91-93 for the early go round , the adjusted price to todays dollars is more like 130k....As others have said at the lower price point, you start to reach the no brainer buy mentality .

Amazing pic, I wish I had a CR. I bought a few new ones back in the day from a dealer in Oregon that was stuck with them. Funny how things come around. Long list of cars I should have held onto. Like my wife says, you cant keep them all.

Nice post... makes me want to go for a drive in my 98" NSX number 104#...oh yeah i can't, freakin winter!!!!
Not to keen on the Zanardi Edition though... Not taking anything away from him as a great driver...
But i think they should have made an Ayrton Senna edition.
Aryton had alot to do with the final platform, we have today.
Not to mention 3 world championships with Honda.
If you want to watch a great video, go to youtube and look up Ayrton Senna in NSX At Suzuka..
AWESOME!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Back