• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The LoveFab NSX got me in trouble this weekend!

I don't think you can blame the "LoveFab" turbo somehow it's connected to your foot :tongue: J/K sorry for that but you did do it. I'm not going to preach as I've done some stupid $hit too........just lucky didn't get caught :smile:

I am not blaming LoveFab whatsoever.

That is like anyone who gets into a car accident with their NSX to blame Acura.

That point was only to be funny trying to make light of this very bad situation.

LoveFab is great and Cody knows how I love his turbo systems.

I am not blaming LoveFab whatsoever.

That is like anyone who gets into a car accident with their NSX to blame Acura.

That point was only to be funny trying to make light of this very bad situation.

LoveFab is great and Cody knows how I love his turbo systems.

I have a dry humor that's what I was saying. It does sound like you would love a good track day after reading your Rally thread. You can push the car a lot farther on a road course :smile:

I have a dry humor that's what I was saying. It does sound like you would love a good track day after reading your Rally thread. You can push the car a lot farther on a road course :smile:

The other silly thing is I do Spec Miata Racing so I know the need for speed. It is not like I was ripping up and down the highway that night. It was for a moment and that is when I got busted.

Once again I am not trying to lessen what I did but it shouldn't turn into an issue of me needing the track to cure my "go fast crack pipe illness" :biggrin:

I WOULD SAY MY HOUSE WAS BROKEN INTO AND THE ALARM WENT TO MY PAGER AND I WAS RUSHING HOME! wife having baby, dog having seizure, gas pedal stuck, car told me to do it, i have 4 hr erection and rushing to hospital, ... i wouldnt say im testing anything. good luck i used 2 of those excuses and got my tickets down graded to a big fine.:redface:

Bummer. The best thing to do is hire an experienced attorney and then stand-up and accept your punishment like a man. The court will respect that. Oh, don't ever do that again. Good luck.

i know it sucks that you're in trouble now and you have a court case pending. But one day you'll be sharing this story with other NSX owners and they'll be giving you respect for being such a bada$$. :D

Very real (and not so funny) account of spending time in a major metropolitan county jail.

This should be an excellent lesson for anyone that wants to do triple digit speeds on metropolitan roads.

I can't imagine you will NOT lose your license over this. But I don't know GA laws.

Good luck.

I guess I'm getting old, but all these comments telling you to delete your post because your admission of the truth might get you in trouble... Am I the only one seeing something morally wrong with this? :confused: Sorry, but I hope everything works out for you.

I guess I'm getting old, but all these comments telling you to delete your post because your admission of the truth might get you in trouble... Am I the only one seeing something morally wrong with this? :confused: Sorry, but I hope everything works out for you.

I'm seeing the same thing.
I commend Alex for not trying to make excuses or something like that but rather being a man about it and admitting what he did and accepting the penalty.
I know Alex pretty good and have always found him to be a straight up super nice guy.
I am doing my best right now to teach my child the IMPORTANCE of telling the truth and admitting when you do something wrong. NOT try to cover it up and pretend that you didn't.

agreed but the internet is a "blender" and If I was Alex I only want to present the purest explanation of the events not a puree.If someone were to point this site out to someone who cared the associated thread of his cross country race is not helpful.

+1 with Doc

We are only telling him to do this from a legal stand point..........

Of course its ok to say you did something wrong.....no one here is saying that.....we are trying to look out for the guy........:rolleyes:

Please guys get off the high horse......I like everyone here, but sometimes some of you guys look way more into the situation than what it is......

The guy is telling a story.... great......and we his friends online are trying to look out for him......we are not telling him not to man up for what he did, but if this internet commentary can hurt him in court then of course we are trying to look out for him and say delete this.....once the legal part of it is over then heck say all you want........

+1 for real...delete this now...coming from a person who was in legal practice, if the wrong people get their hands on this you might as well rename the thread "Exhibit A for the prosecution". Using online information is no longer a just possibility, it is standard practice to google defendants and check out all their social networking posts and online activity for self-incriminating statements. Feel free to ignore at your peril.

T2

Get a lawyer and delete this thread just to be safe. Not good to post this type of information on a public forum.

Well I wanted to give everyone a follow-up with my situation.

This morning I went to court and I was VERY VERY HAPPY with the outcome.

My lawyer and I negotiated a deal with the prosecutor and pending the judges approval, we were able to settle on:

$1000 fine plus court cost (About $1400 total)

60 hrs Community Service

Defensive Driving School

In exchange for

Dropping the speeding ticket as well as the reckless driving ticket. The only thing that will show on my record is a non moving violation.

Zero point!!!

I can now breath again!!!

I am very happy with these results. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Now does anyone know where I can get 60hrs of Community Service in 30 days???

Well I wanted to give everyone a follow-up with my situation.

This morning I went to court and I was VERY VERY HAPPY with the outcome.

My lawyer and I negotiated a deal with the prosecutor and pending the judges approval, we were able to settle on:

$1000 fine plus court cost (About $1400 total)

60 hrs Community Service

Defensive Driving School

In exchange for

Dropping the speeding ticket as well as the reckless driving ticket. The only thing that will show on my record is a non moving violation.

Zero point!!!

I can now breath again!!!

I am very happy with these results. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Now does anyone know where I can get 60hrs of Community Service in 30 days???

That is a GREAT news. Your lawyer must be good. I am very happy for you. How much did it cost you to hire the lawyer? In Ca, you can do community service like picking up trash along the freeway with Caltran (California Transportation Dept.)

I paid him $1500.

I went with this guy because he use to work in the Atlanta City Courts system and still knew everyone there so he knew what we could negotiate.

I think I found some shelters downtown. I might even have to read to the little children afterschool too. I dont mind..it will keep me off of the streets :wink:

Alex picking up trash along the 285 would be hilarious:biggrin: If someone is in the area and sees him in his "orange jumpsuit" picking up styrofoam cups , GET A PICTURE:biggrin:

Thats good news, congrats. Plus doing community service is very rewarding. You might get in the habit of volunteering now and then. It feels good to give back to your community.

Good to hear that you got off ok......now go pick up your trash :tongue:

Back