• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The moon last night...

My neighbor across the street called me about 10 last night and said I should grab my camera and go out to look at the moon, so I did.

Weirdest moon ever! The picture is kinda crappy because I'd had too many beers to be bothered setting up a tripod, but still.
DSC_2106.JPG

Ever seen anything like that?

Happy New Year!

I noticed it, was it the moon, or the sun?

Moon reflects sunlight.

When I saw that last night my first thought was jet contrails. Thinking about it a little, I realized that's just not possible. There were lots of those lines and this morning before sunrise there was still one. All pointed in the same direction. Oddly enough for my beer soaked brain, all the lines seem to be converging in exactly the direction of Cape Canaveral (ie the direction I look to see the space shuttle launches).

Has to have been an atmospheric thing.

The moon is associated with the female goddess. It controls the tides on a 28 day cycle. While we may have crawled out of the water at some point in history, we are still made of 70% water, and it affects us. It controls the menstral cycle of females, hence the female aspect.

Contrails and ice crystals up high seems like. We get similar effects up in the high desert in the winter, and I've seen the contrails form after a jet passes. Spectacular. Wish you had set up your tripod.

its a UFO! ZOMGZ! lol ;)

They're called cloud streets, caused when convection currents cut low lying cumulus clouds into thin strips.

Back