• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The new Bridgestone RE-71R tires.

Too bad the RE-71R wont be avail in OEM size, 215/40/17. Booo hoo.

I am in need of new rear tires but they dont sell the OEM tires anymore.
Will now need to replace all 4 tires.

I was thinking of the S2000 CR tires.
Potenza RE070. Are they any good?

Car we run 215/45/17 on 02+ front tires?

Also Tire Rack site recommends
YOKOHAMA
ADVAN NEOVA AD08 R
Are these any good?

Can anyone recommend a high performance tires similar or better than the Potienza RE010 that came with my 2004 NSX?
I know it only lasted for 5k miles and thread wear was 140... LOL.
I dont drive my car daily. I want it to handle well when i take it out for a drive.

Do the neovas in the factory size. Great tires!

I am in need of new rear tires but they dont sell the OEM tires anymore.
Will now need to replace all 4 tires.
Well... I don't want to tell you NOT to replace all four tires. Theoretically, you always want to use four tires of the same make/model. In practice, though, if two of your tires (in this case, your fronts) have decent tread depth and you want to only replace two (rear) tires, you can get away with doing so by choosing a make/model whose performance characteristics are as close as possible to the two remaining tires. So if you still have two stock front RE040 tires with decent tread depth, you could get two rears in 255/40-17 that are similar; I'd suggest a "maximum performance summer tire" like the Kumho Ecsta LE Sport or the Pirelli P Zero Nero GT. (Both of these are also available in 215/40-17, so if your fronts then wear out before your rears, you can get new fronts in the stock size.) However, if your front tires are the originals sold with your car back in 2004, then I would recommend replacing them due to their age, even if they still have decent tread depth. And if you want to get tires that are even stickier than your stock tires, see below.

I was thinking of the S2000 CR tires.
Potenza RE070. Are they any good?
I would not recommend getting these, because they are not available in both your stock sizes.

Car we run 215/45/17 on 02+ front tires?
No. Not without rubbing, anyway.

Can anyone recommend a high performance tires similar or better than the Potienza RE010 that came with my 2004 NSX?
I know it only lasted for 5k miles and thread wear was 140... LOL.
I dont drive my car daily. I want it to handle well when i take it out for a drive.
Then you should replace all four tires with either the Dunlop Direzza ZII Star Spec or the Yokohama Advan Neova AD08R, as recommended above. These are the stickiest street tires you can get in your stock sizes, even stickier than the stock tires. You can see a side-by-side comparison test that includes both these tires on the Tire Rack website by clicking here.

Last edited:
Anyone know if Tire Rack will eventually get the RE-71R in 215/40R17?

Anyone know if Tire Rack will eventually get the RE-71R in 215/40R17?

That's a Bridgestone decision, not a Tire Rack decision; if Bridgestone imports it to the States, chances are that Tire Rack will sell it. At the moment, Bridgestone isn't even showing the RE-71R on their U.S. website, so there's no indication yet of which sizes they will be selling here, other than the ones Tire Rack has already put on their website.

In the meantime, the Dunlop Direzza ZII Star Spec and Yokohama Advan Neova AD08R are both available in 215/40-17, so it's not like there aren't other excellent choices in that size.

Last edited:
That's a Bridgestone decision, not a Tire Rack decision; if Bridgestone imports it to the States, chances are that Tire Rack will sell it. At the moment, Bridgestone isn't even showing the RE-71R on their U.S. website, so there's no indication yet of which sizes they will be selling here, other than the ones Tire Rack has already put on their website.

In the meantime, the Dunlop Direzza ZII Star Spec and Yokohama Advan Neova AD08R are both available in 215/40-17, so it's not like there aren't other excellent choices in that size.
True. The Dunlop's have a $50 gift card promotion right now as well. I noticed the AD08R's seemed to have dropped in price too. Still waiting on my new CE28N's to arrive.....

Interesting if you translate this page it says the 215/40-17 won't be released till April 2015. Maybe there is still hope for the US to get them as well.

http://tire.bridgestone.co.jp/potenza/re71r/size.html

Back