• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The new Subaru Impreza WRX and STi

The new Impreza will have some HP gain...

WRX: 230HP (current: 227HP)
WRX STi: 385HP (current: 300HP)

Impreza WRX STi
subaru200701.jpg

subaru200702.jpg

subaru200703.jpg

subaru200704.jpg

Impreza WRX
subaru200706.jpg

subaru200705.jpg

385 hp, holy crap :eek:

i know my friend that just bought his 05 STi is prolly gonna cry :biggrin:

haha well its pretty fast and cheap, but its hella ugly :biggrin:

I'm just wondering if that would smoke Z06...?

EVO Anniversary was faster than Carrera GT...so...maybe?

It looks horrid. Even worse than the first one if thats possible.

I would be incredibly surprised if that vehicle (Sti) makes it to our shores with that power output.

Between 04 and 05, there was some ecu revisions that were implemented in order to avoid detonation. Although the power rating didn't change, so to speak, reports abounded that the car 'felt' slower. This was somewhat confirmed with various magazines reporting slightly lower 1/4 mile times.

The new version (06) is fugly. In addition to that, I am willing to bet it got heavier too.

I think you NSX people will continue to be secure having such an exclusive ride.

Christ, I am thinking about trading my sti for an nsx... Honda must be doing something right...

I wondered where the guy that designed the Aztec went to work!

Just when you think they can't make Subarus any uglier...

:eek:

Sig said:
Perfect, yet another car that can wax our NSX at a fraction of the price.

Do you think anyone driving a F355 even CARES about the Z06, WXI, or Evo? Or any 911 owner?

Please, everybody, be ABOVE this crap. Start ACTING like exotic owners.

I've never seen a Ferrari driver even driving FAST, much less drag racing a $30,000 ricemobile. It's beneath them.

liftshard said:
Do you think anyone driving a F355 even CARES about the Z06, WXI, or Evo? Or any 911 owner?

Yes, go to the Ferrari board and you will see many threads about the WRX. There are quite a few folks who love cars of the sporting nature and they prefer driving these types of cars(Evos, and WRXs) over heavy luxury sedans as their daily driver.

I really like the new WRX. 385 HP :eek:

I wonder what that will sticker at?

Wow. They made an ugly car even less attractive by grafting on the nose of that ugly POS Tribeca thing they're now selling.

I respect the WRX for all of its performance and wouldn't question another man/woman for buying one but I think they're dead ugly and they wouldn't find their way into my garage if they were faster than the speed of light.

Ick.

What is Subaru thinking? That thing is crazy ugly! Maybe they added that crap to the grill hoping to distract from the horrid headlights!

I actually kind of like it.

matteni said:
I wondered where the guy that designed the Aztec went to work!

Just when you think they can't make Subarus any uglier...

:eek:

I read somewhere (I think Road & Track).......that guy that designed the Aztec was the man who was put in charge of designing the C6 :eek: :eek:

At least he got that right!!

Back