• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The NSeX Build

I have had my NSX a little over 2 months now and couldn't be happier that I made the purchase.

Here is my intro thread: http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/190372-New-Member-Turbo-NSX

I plan on updating quite a few things on the car and decided to start with the stereo. The upgrades will consist of the following:

Pioneer AVH-4000NEX
Alpine PDX-5 Amp
Focal Polyglass 165 V30
Sundown Audio 10 SD-3 10 D4
Full Sound Deadening
All new audio grade cables
SOS 10 inch Sub enclosure

I will also be adding a security system / key less and dying the carpet black.

Car cleaned and ready for interior removal

1.JPG

2.JPG

4.JPG

Interior starting to come apart

5.JPG

6.JPG

Good to see the climate control has already been fixed

7.JPG

Out dated security system

8.JPG

Doors off. Actually some decent speakers already in there...just sounded terrible...not sure why.

9.JPG

10.JPG

Security while I worked

11.JPG

Parts

12.JPG

13.JPG

Ready for sound deadening

14.JPG

more soon.......

more progress.

The sound deadening is mostly finished and the security system is roughed in. I always doe these loose first to make sure everything works and then tuck everything.

18.JPG

Carpet cleaning

19.JPG

20.JPG

21.JPG

I never liked the oem grey carpet color so I picked up some iDye poly and thought I would give it a try. Some guys in the Z community have used it recently with really nice results.

21a.jpg

22.JPG

23.JPG

Pictures don't do it justice....looks great in person.

And then fixed a passenger window issue.

24.JPG

25.JPG

Last edited:
Been making progress with the help of my assistant

27.JPG

SOS Short Shifter installed ......great upgrade for the money.

26.JPG

Got the doors cut for the new Focal tweeters.. About made me sick to do it....measured over and over before making the final cut.

30.JPG

29.JPG

25a.JPG

The came out about perfect.

28.JPG

31.JPG

33.JPG

32.JPG

Component speakers test fit

37.JPG

I purchased the SOS stealth sub box and made some slight tweaks to it.

36.JPG

35.JPG

42.JPG

41.JPG

40.JPG

Some of the tabs on my doors had been broken off so I plasticed welded new ones on. Looks ugly but once its buttoned up you cant see it and they worked great.

39.JPG

45.JPG

Headunit it

38.JPG

All buttoned back up

43.JPG

44.JPG

The system sounds amazing...well worth the time / effort.

Moving on to some other car projects for the next month or two and will then start converting to car to run on E85 and will be custom wiring a Haltech Elite 2500 in.

So which one do you drive more, Supra or NSX???

I have only had the NSX for a couple of months so its still my "new toy" and gets driven more because of that. I have owned 300ZX's for 18 years and Supras for the last 4-5 years. The NSX with a turbo is my favorite of the 3. While its not as fast as either of them its a better built car and has more usable power. And its just more fun to drive.

- - - Updated - - -

Speaking of all the cars.....shot from this weekend while I was cleaning the garage

46.JPG

47.JPG

Best of the 90s in 1 picture. I'm biased to the supra as I've had a lot of Mk3s and still have 1 atm but have missed out on a few Mkiv deals. However, i think next year will be the deciding year if by 2016 I don't get my hand on a MkIV I'll be actively looking for an NSX or vice versa. You have good taste sir!

I can't believe that I have already had my NSX for over 2 years...time fly's.

Out with some friends..

50.jpg

51.JPG

Decided it was time for a brake upgrade and found a very nice used kit from Venom2049

52.jpg

53.jpg

so much better

54.jpg

55.jpg

56.jpg

Went out for the first drive today on the new setup.....just amazing. I can't believe the difference.

57.jpg

And some random pics of the shop / my other toys

58.jpg

60.jpg

My personal assistant / security "Halo" keeping a close eye on everything :)

59.jpg

This is a fantastic build or progression. Looking good and love the electronic swapout. I plan to do a full audio upgrade, amps and all, as soon as i get back from trying to make money overseas lol

We have similar tastes. Didnt have a Supra but did like my Z32 and hope to add a turbo to the NSX one day. Very nice.

Nice build! Just curious, how well did your sound deadening work and what kind did you use? I ask because the last gen 1 NSX I drove had too much road noise for my liking.

Back