• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The NSX Submarine • I can't still believe :0

Re: THE NSX SUBMARINE • I can't still believe :0

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Dear GOD!!! WHY???!!! HOW???!!! WHO???!!! WTF???!!!

More surprising to me than anything are the reactions people are having here over a guy that drove a car through some deep water. What's the big deal? So he drove an NSX into some water and could have messed it up. BFD! He deserves it if he can afford it and it's just car, if it is totaled because of this that's his bad... Doesn't hurt my feelings what people do with their hard earned money.

More surprising to me than anything are the reactions people are having here over a guy that drove a CAR CONSIDERED "EXOTIC BY MANY, THROUGH A RIVER OF WATER WHILE HE COULD EASILY AVOID. What's the big deal? .

Corrected :D ..

The big deal is that humans react when they see stupidity that's all.

I'm all about living life, enjoying the good things, doing what I feel like yada yada yada ... but stupidity is stupidity, regardless of anything.

Oscar

U guys should be looking at it from this perspective:

one less NSX on the market = less supply for the demand.

Simple laws of economics here.

In other words, anything to help retain the resell value of my NSX (yes I'm selfish) is all good in my book.

I do not see why it matters I guess. When I first saw it I was thinking, 'Wow...that is freaking amazing that he did not kill the car,' but I was not calling for his head like it seems like so many are. Who gives a rip what the owner did with their car? It is not like he took one of our cars and did that. Bottom line is there are several important details to this story that nobody here knows, and even if we did, it is none of our business what this person does with their car. Period.

A little psychology 101 sheds light on why some react strongly to what is deemed reckless abandon. Someone places a high value on something, like a nice car. If a person worked hard to get it (financial sacrafice, etc.), then the value one places on the object will be higher. Add to that a sense of appreciating its "value", not dollar value. That's why it feels good when you get compliments on your NSX. It reaffirms the value we already have for it. A guy drives up in a well kept NSX is greeted with a big "thumbs up". He's showing respect for our values.

Now, someone who abuses or shows no value or little regard for something we worked hard to get is a contradiction to our value. Thus, reactions like "idiot", "moron", and disgust are evoked. Hey, I'm no Dr. Phil (hate that guy). I'm just saying it's normal to rebuke actions of others that violate our sense of value. A guy who buys a $400K Ferrari and lets it degrade from a lack of maintenance may be an idiot. Or, it may simply be a shame to not take care of something most value as special and that most will never afford or have.

The submarine NSX driver was an idiot. At the very least, he showed little responsibility most would expect and employ when driving a special car.

I think the worst thing he could have done is figured out half way that it was too deep and then stop or attempt to turn around. He probably knew he made a mistake and just powered through it thinking that the wave created at the front would give the intake room to breath. I don't think he's a dumb ass, he just made a mistake. Now if he had come out, stopped and then turned around for another submerge then yeah he would be alittle off his rocker. I bet he had on his swimming suit anyway.

I think the worst thing he could have done is figured out half way that it was too deep and then stop or attempt to turn around. He probably knew he made a mistake and just powered through it thinking that the wave created at the front would give the intake room to breath. I don't think he's a dumb ass, he just made a mistake. Now if he had come out, stopped and then turned around for another submerge then yeah he would be alittle off his rocker. I bet he had on his swimming suit anyway.

LOL. Yea, going back for another run would have upped the dumb@$$ factor.

I do not see why it matters I guess. When I first saw it I was thinking, 'Wow...that is freaking amazing that he did not kill the car,' but I was not calling for his head like it seems like so many are. Who gives a rip what the owner did with their car? It is not like he took one of our cars and did that. Bottom line is there are several important details to this story that nobody here knows, and even if we did, it is none of our business what this person does with their car. Period.
+1

(he was probably valet-parking it for a local hotel :rolleyes:

A little psychology 101 sheds light on why some react strongly to what is deemed reckless abandon. Someone places a high value on something, like a nice car. If a person worked hard to get it (financial sacrafice, etc.), then the value one places on the object will be higher. Add to that a sense of appreciating its "value", not dollar value. That's why it feels good when you get compliments on your NSX. It reaffirms the value we already have for it. A guy drives up in a well kept NSX is greeted with a big "thumbs up". He's showing respect for our values.

Now, someone who abuses or shows no value or little regard for something we worked hard to get is a contradiction to our value. Thus, reactions like "idiot", "moron", and disgust are evoked. Hey, I'm no Dr. Phil (hate that guy). I'm just saying it's normal to rebuke actions of others that violate our sense of value. A guy who buys a $400K Ferrari and lets it degrade from a lack of maintenance may be an idiot. Or, it may simply be a shame to not take care of something most value as special and that most will never afford or have.

The submarine NSX driver was an idiot. At the very least, he showed little responsibility most would expect and employ when driving a special car.

I understand your point, but I guess I give more benefit of the doubt to people, and do not turn into the 'Internet bada$$' that a lot of people do. I think if we knew the whole story the guy probably thought the water was not that deep and then found himself in all sorts of trouble when he was halfway in and the water was over the hood, prompting the '...oh crap...I better keep going,' reaction. Kind of like the people you see that accidentally get swept away every time there is a storm because they do not think the water was very deep, or moving that fast. The exception here is that this was in a residential neighborhood (that this guy might not have even been from), and people rarely expect 2 feet of water in a residential neighborhood. Stopping would only have made it worse, and probably killed the car. Backing up would have sent water through the exhaust probably, and killed the car. Either way, the video is crazy, and it is not our car.

From the guy that actually made the video:

=====
"braun3jbraun3
August 14, 2009
(less info)
After a few hours of torrential rain in Orange Park, FL we found a rare breed of Acura. The NSX Submarine. This was a male drive who actually drove through this deep area three times in 15 minutes! He has lived in the neighborhood for many years and knows about the bad drainage in extreme conditions. The water was higher the first time through but I didn't have the camera. I caught him on this third pass."
========

That is weird ......
Oscar

Ok if this is true then he was a dumb @$$ no matter what car he was driving.

From the guy that actually made the video:

=====
"braun3jbraun3
August 14, 2009
(less info)
After a few hours of torrential rain in Orange Park, FL we found a rare breed of Acura. The NSX Submarine. This was a male drive who actually drove through this deep area three times in 15 minutes! He has lived in the neighborhood for many years and knows about the bad drainage in extreme conditions. The water was higher the first time through but I didn't have the camera. I caught him on this third pass."
========

That is weird ......
Oscar

In my area, Upstate NY, there was a torrential downpour in July , with flooding on a lot of main roads. A friend of mine told me of his friend with Lambo Gallardo, who tried to go through a"puddle" , which turned out to be about 2 feet deep. In the end, the car stalled and the engine needs to be removed from the car for a lot of work, with an estimate of about $30k.

He should have hit the water with a little more speed and skipped to the other side.
Anyway, the bottom's clean.

Cool. Everything has been seen by at least one person on this forum -- who then can post a link.:biggrin:

Now I need to dig up the whole movie.

haha_1.gif

Re: The NSX Submarine • I can't still believe :0

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4dkm-10ZLEg&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4dkm-10ZLEg&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4dkm-10ZLEg&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4dkm-10ZLEg&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

:eek::eek::eek:

Tiger S2k?

Video is back up! Simply incredible!

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/s5euSjOBYQY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back