• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Official 2017 F1 thread

Got plane tickets booked for the Austin race. Any advice as to where we should try and sit?

Assuming you have general admission tickets (I've done reserved seats and GA). The berm at turn 6 was probably the best in terms of what you could see from one spot. If you get there early enough, stake out a spot at turn 1 for the start of the race then walk to turn 6 after a few laps as turn 1 gets kinda boring unless there's a ton of traffic. Also, turn 6 isn't far from where the concerts will be held Saturday and Sunday...unless they use the amphitheater which oddly enough, they never do.

Last edited:
I don't know about y'all, but I'm jonesing for some of my favorite sport, at my favorite track. Spa practice in three days! Can't wait!

Spa was kind of a yawner with the exception of the Force Indias taking each other out. I can't see Perez and Ocon remaining as teammates after this season. Raikkonen needs to quit it with the self-inflicted wounds.

That's for Sure...Lewis just pull away from Vettle on the straight.

Monza next....another power circuit.
Not sure if they boosted the engine to the max. I guess they DID to win the race but it will be a disadvantage til the end of the season. They did it with Bottas too and his engine blew in the next race. It will be interesting with all the grid penalties til the end of the season...

Nice Force India twist: we want to see blood! :D

Very sad for Alonso, such a great fighter but completely left in the desert with his insufficient power unit.

I agree that they had to probably run maximum boost, but they have been doing that since day one of the Hybrid era.
Bottas, engin failed because they detected a problem did not want to take a penalty with both car on the same GP. Remember they replaced Lewis engine that race and took grid penalty.
Anyway, another Power circuit this weekend.

Bram

Interesting article....however, I understand it was Ferrari that was using Oil as fuel....I suppose Merc could be doing the same as well,as these Power unit are so advance compare to anything else.

Bram

Alonso needs nossssssssssss

Singapore is a high downforce circuit and is better suited to the Ferrari chassis..... however, having said that, Lewis have the momentum and Merc have made some good improvements during the Summer break.

Bram

Back