• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Official 2018 F1 Thread

2017 season is basically over. Hopes for McLaren with Renault PU are high. Rooting for Richardo, Alonso and Bottas next year.

lol, good point Roman

Definitely interested to see what happens with McLaren w/Renault PU and Toro Rosso w/Honda PU.

I think McLaren shoot themselves in the foot with the switch from Honda to Renault after three years of development.The Honda PU have been reliable in the latter half of the season, just down on power. With the $$ that Honda will now put into TR team, they will move up the Grid for sure next year.
Renault, having PU units for three Teams, have lots of data/feedback, and maybe able to develop their PU faster, but that is not helping them currently, I'm not to sure that they will improve drastically next year...but we'll see.
I still have faith in Honda and their engineering abilities.....

Bram

Wow. solidol beat me to starting the 2018 thread!
2018 will truly be a watershed year.
Will Ferrari wave "goodbye" to F1? Doubt it.
Will McLaren finally win a race? Doubt it.
Will we all be happy with the next round of engine rules? Doubt it.
But racing will march on!!!!

Harry, you've been quiet lately - I had to jump in ;)

I really feel like McLaren made a mistake not sticking with Honda for another season. Understand why but still.

Kimi won’t leave Ferrari for McLaren no one really wants Alonso plus McLaren needed to do something since Honda got sick of Alonso ( like Ferrari did). 2018 should be fun to watch halo busses trying to take a corner.

Kimi won’t leave Ferrari for McLaren no one really wants Alonso plus McLaren needed to do something since Honda got sick of Alonso ( like Ferrari did). 2018 should be fun to watch halo busses trying to take a corner.
True. Though what I was alluding to that there is fresh talent on tap for redheads. Though until Kimmi will start outperforming Vettel everything is great and quiet. They will eventually get freshman to be second to Vettel with 1/20th of iceman's salary too.

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2017/11/alfa-romeo-will-race-formula-1-cars-next-year-.html

tvug4eywjvbjsuvt9bpz.jpg

bl3lvjiv4e8s4gjeg34h.jpg

Last edited:
Does anybody know where we here in the US will be watching F1 in 2018 now that NBCSports is history?

Back