• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Official 2018 F1 Thread

5 Times!!!!!.... amazing!!!
You go Lewis!
H-

Very well deserved. IMO Lewis is a real champ. In addition to his talent he has shown patience and perseverance this year.
To me, it Looked like Mercedes turned down the power on the two engines they are running now. Don't like that!

Very well deserved. IMO Lewis is a real champ. In addition to his talent he has shown patience and perseverance this year.
To me, it Looked like Mercedes turned down the power on the two engines they are running now. Don't like that!

Merc is still competing with Ferrari for the constructors championship. If they suffer a DNF, that could cost them that. The beauty of being ahead in the championship, they can turn down the wick to save the motor stress.

Of course, they still have to maintain points hauls or it goes away.

Congrats to Hamilton. He earned it this year. Drove well all year.

I wonder how Daniel really feels going to the works team for the power plant killer of his season.I liked that Vettal sincerely congratulated Lewis...

Wow! I think Lewis' win in Brazil is 50 wins out of 99 starts! Incredible!
H-

Given that this looked early on as though it was a Ferrari / Vettel championship, it shows the depth that Lewis, Valteri and the team have dug to achieve this result.

Max showed a bit of immaturity today, IMO the penalty on Ocon was excessive, Max could easily have taken a wider line and gone on to take a sensational victory. He will need to think these situations through if he has the tools to challenge for the title next year ... he could do worse that watch how Lewis has handled similar situations this year during the Winter break ...

Hardest thing to watch is to see Fernandez trailing around at the back of the field ... such a talent behind the wheel yet his major weakness is negotiating who to drive for ... so many titles missed ...

Max was the leader!!!! Lapping a lapped car!! Get the fuck out of the way. Race was ruined today by Ocons poor driving. Facepalm.

Yeah. Max once again, shot himself in the foot.
H-

Piquet against Salazar in Hockenheim 1982. Watch this (best fight in F1 :)) and decide...
Piquet was crashed as the leader of the race by a backbencher unwilling to let him pass.
Same here: a driver on place 16 didn't respect the leader. Kinda fishy/dirty. Someone didn't want Max to win the race.

it takes two to tango....to pass in F1 today someone needs to yield just a little.

Another race with some unpredictable/unexpected results/events!

Things are getting pretty interesting at the end of the year, lol.

First race all season where Stoffel finished ahead of Fernando with both finishing the race.

Horner was trying to be funny but Wolff was getting none of it.

Screen Shot 2018-11-24 at 11.34.20 AM.jpg

* Click the image to see the video

Last edited:
Horner was trying to be funny but Wolff was getting none of it.
Nice catch. :)
Horner: "If you (Wolff) could show Ocon the (meaning of the) flags as well that would help too (besides the simulator work in his off-season 2019)."

Back