• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Official 2018 F1 Thread

i attend the Montreal GP every year for the past 20 years....great racing and the City embrace the F1 fans.

Bram

hugs are free....even from the French....:eek:

Been wanting to go to Montreal for years now. Regret not driving there back to when I was living in Chicago.

My only live Canadian GP: 2011. Got rained out on lap 27, six inches of water at the hairpin. Went back to the hotel and watched the rest of the race on TV after a 2+ hour stoppage. One of Button’s most brilliant drives. From last place at about halfway, he passed everyone and won the race (thanks to a stupid Vettel mistake). Thinking of attending next year.

Yup, I remember that one too well....Button made the pass in front of our Grand Stand.....and yes it was a stupid error on Vettle's part.
Best drive of Button career...

Bram

I wonder if ESPN will retain the services of any NBCSN presenters. I must admit, I liked the chemistry of Diffey, Hobbs and Matchett. I also think Will Buxton did a great job with the driver interviews and behind the scenes stuff.

I wonder if ESPN will retain the services of any NBCSN presenters. I must admit, I liked the chemistry of Diffey, Hobbs and Matchett. I also think Will Buxton did a great job with the driver interviews and behind the scenes stuff.

Bring back Bob Varsha! I like Diffey, but a little too much. As much as Hobbs and Matchett can be talkers, they are pretty solid!

Agree. Bob was always good. I was told by an aussie friend involved in racing that they could not wait to see Diffey move out of the country. They did not like him very much.

Bring back Bob Varsha! I like Diffey, but a little too much. As much as Hobbs and Matchett can be talkers, they are pretty solid!

....but then ...who will.....BRING THE ACTION!!!!!!

that is just an ass kiss for the new owners of F1.......conflict of interest.....this would be analogous to Bernie running a team along with the series......

So do we. know who is doing the commentary? New crew or a complete feed from another broadcast ?.

No more grid girls!??!??!!??
That's it, I'm not watching anymore!!

Just kidding.

Hugh Hefner died, his Playboy magazine has cancelled the "puppies" and we had the "Me too"-witch-hunting recently. Let's hope we don't end like Zager & Evans 2525. Time to join Al Bundy's NOMAM org. And with the next wave they're going to throw me out of the board because of my avatar. :D Because the blondes in my Avatar are from Sweden, the girls with the most sex-appeal in the 70ies but since a month or two Sweden went completly mad...

Last edited:
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ron-dennis-took-control-mclaren-1002875
8e703a277e886f65a037b53395e7512a.jpg

Back