• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Official 2018 F1 Thread

Hulkenburg's Renault flames out in lap 16 (?) :redface:

It is awesome flicking back-n-forth between F1 race and now 6 hours at the Glen (on FS1)!

Last edited:
Very entertaining race at Austria this weekend. Hamilton's very impressive consecutive races scoring points ends at 33. On to Silverstone!

We'll see what the long runs look Like tomorrow for both Teams....both Ferrari and Merc, seem to be evenly matched.

Lewis have the Fan factor going for him at Silverstone and he is my Guy to win.

Bram

Mine too.

H-

LH did well. Let's not forget about Vettel's less than ideal physical shape. Which makes me thinks he could have taken the top at quali if the neck was alright.

LH will be hard to beat....unless his “strategist” screws up again. Just watched his amazing pole lap, especially thru Becketts.

For sure the racing is very exciting and close......

Lewis is claiming that Kimi hit was delibrate, also say that last week crash into Bottas was the same....Interesting indeed, as Kimi had lots of room on the inside of the corner. Conspiracy possiable.

Bram

I don't think the collision was deliberate but KR does need to secure his seat at Ferrari... Surely they would be able to see from the telemetry?

LH only really had himself to blame for not winning today after a terrible start, rotten luck to get tagged though as I think he had the passion today, in front of the home crowd, to get back in front. Great drive back to second though.

On the subject of time penalties, the system surely needs to be refined? If KR caused the incident, he should not gain an advantage from that. A bit like cutting a corner and giving a place back. Therefore he should have got a 15-20 second penalty in this case? If they could prove a deliberate collision, like some of Shumachers antics, a black flag...like Vettels crazy moment in Baku last year.
Or to really mix it up, how about the time penalty applied to both team members :)

Regarding penalites the FIA is not consistent over the races. But they have been easing the punishments in order to prevent a preschool instead of pure racing.

Shit happens, it's racing. First lap, semi-warmed-up tires, heavy car, fighting for position, hard to judge how much grip is there. If you're breaking a little bit off the racing line you can simply misjudge and make a slight mistake, in the case of KR and LH with big consequences for LH. Vettel did the same fault, it's a fault but I would not regard it as dirty.

So I would not compare both F-drivers to Schumacher who was obviously cheating and penalized for (part of) it. The only driver in the top 6 with some crazy moves is Verstappen. But also here I would not call him dirty, he's just a little bit overly aggressive but calmed down a little bit in the last races.

Good to see Gasly in the points. Hartley with very bad luck.

Hamilton was upset, his comments are out of frustration. After 5 seasons of dominance, he and Merc seem to be acting like bullies who got punched in the nose.
As noted, he blew the start, and is lucky that Kimi didn’t pass him before the curve.
He spent laps saying his car was damaged, yet passed darn near the whole field, got lucky with the safely car and Bottas pulled over for him to finish second. All in all he should be happy.

If one wants to talk conspiracy, Ferrari would use Haas , like they did at the start of the year; along with the paid off merc tacticians who have screwed the pooch, all at the super secret orders from Enzo Ferrari, the Queen, and, possibly, Colonel Sanders.

Last edited:
If one wants to talk conspiracy, Ferrari would use Haas , like they did at the start of the year; along with the paid off merc tacticians who have screwed the pooch, all at the super secret orders from Enzo Ferrari, the Queen, and, possibly, Colonel Sanders.
LOL! After years of winning Merc has to learn to loose again (at least a single race). But Merc is an arrogant automobil maker and Wolff a former investor. Ok, it's not 'Eddie Jordan time' in F1 anymore with party, fun and gridgirls all the time...Nowadays, the 'party mode' is in the engine only...

Merc catched up fast in the 2nd half of 2017, even without the errors of F. So there's still hope for them. The fans are hoping for more rain. :)

last 10 laps were very entertaining....I think they should have brought botas in for soft on the SC

any predictors on what FA will do next year!....and lol on JB slipping in his old team instead of Merc on his post race interview....but I always liked his personality.

Mclaren is no longer looking into IndyCar or WEC. Zak Brown has finally realized how much work he needs to do fix the team. He has even said, the F1 chassis is not good. I hope he and Williams can get things back on track.

Fat chance.
H-

Back