• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Official 2018 F1 Thread

Agreed on letting Bottas take the win, but points are too important at this moment. Though I have to say I would prefer to finish second rather than overshadow Valtteri and promote shit-mood overall. That feeling of having something handed over to you sucks and Hamilton knows it well. Vettel was playing dirty but it didn't help. Verstappen is on fire, world champion in making.

Last edited:
I’m gonna have to watch the middle portion of the race again. I didn’t see Hamilton pass Vettel, or Bottas pull over.

Vettel worked hard to get into second, isn’t going to make it easy.

Team orders are good / bad. Bottas has been playing teammate all season, today he pulled over and deserved the win.

Kimi is a true prifessional about it. Too bad he doesn’t have the pace day in and day out to help the team strategy the way Merc does.

What a birthday for Max.
I couldn't get my competition license until I turned 21. I thought I was as good as Max.
I wasn't.
H-

Vettel actually moves three times to block Hamilton, seen better from the tv angle when they are coming toward the camera. Hamiltons pass shortly after was damn good, on pure anger / adrenaline.

max made those softs really work with a good 1 stopper.He was slower on his new ultra:eek:.....I felt like hamo was going to yield at the last moment.....but every point counts...

Vettel actually moves three times to block Hamilton, seen better from the tv angle when they are coming toward the camera. Hamiltons pass shortly after was damn good, on pure anger / adrenaline.
It was not that bad regarding that they are fighting for the championship. It was on the edge but not dirty. On TV, it looked more dirty from the camera of Hamiltons car than it actually was. The other way around, Hamilton would have done the same.

It was not that bad regarding that they are fighting for the championship. It was on the edge but not dirty. On TV, it looked more dirty from the camera of Hamiltons car than it actually was. The other way around, Hamilton would have done the same.

Not sure I agree. A rule should be followed whether you are fighting for a championship or not. The 'move' was fairly subtle but Hamilton did well to keep it pointing the right way.
I don't recall any race where Hamiltons has played dirty, he seems to be a fair sportsman, so I'd have to disagree there too :) He raced hard against Rosberg a few times but nothing dirty like Rosbergs move on him at Spa...

If you're sitting in the fastest car you're not in the need to play dirty. :wink:

I'd call it a hard but legal move from Vettel but not dirty or crazy (Mad Max-like). :) Absolutely fair races are boring for the spectators too. :)

I'm not thrilled by the games played by Mercedes while using their clear no. 2 as a designated water bearer for their no. 1. When Rosberg was designed to win the CS in 2016 (because they wanted a German marketing puppy) it was the same, just the other around. I don't like this kind of games.

Toro Rosso will have Hondas Spec C engine in Suzuka which was praised for its progress. Let's see if they can do more than 3 laps (both together). Honda needs as much testing data on the track as they can get...

Toro Rosso will have Hondas Spec C engine in Suzuka which was praised for its progress. Let's see if they can do more than 3 laps (both together). Honda needs as much testing data on the track as they can get...

Luckily I think it was a brake issue and not PU related. At least that's what I think Gasly said during the mid-race interview.

Looking forward to Suzuka for sure and hopefully Honda has a good showing at home for once.

Watching P1 reminds me how wonderful Suzuka is. Flows better than any other track with challenging esses, sweepers, one tight corner and a hair raising end to the uphill back straight. It has always been on my bucket list. Race should hopefully be exciting. Maybe the Gods will be good to Honda....

Yup....Suzuka is a special track, and have always had good racing over the years.

Driving on Suzuka with and NSX-R is even more special, if only they had allow us more laps, either way one of the greatest track on the Calendar.

Bram

I was lucky enough to join Bram at Suzuka in 2010. Fab track!
H-

You lucky devils �� i will trade you 5 laps at the Ring for 5 laps at Suzuka!
The closest I ever was to Suzuka was a couple of parade laps at Motegi’s road course during NSX Fiesta 1998.

Last edited:
Can't believe how many mistakes Ferrari made in Japan. Wow!
Lewis continues to rock.
H-

Back