• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The official "what did you get" thread.

Hrm....fiance got me a PS3, digital photo frame, cologne, and some other little stuff. She also got a new job. Yes, that's a gift for me as well. :biggrin:

Zoom HN4 Portable Digital Recorder. Cashmere Top Coat from wife, Shirts & Neckties from relatives. Large "C-Clamp" from daughter...(I was bitching about needing one a couple of months back!)

Zoom HN4 Portable Digital Recorder. Cashmere Top Coat from wife, Shirts & Neckties from relatives. Large "C-Clamp" from daughter...(I was bitching about needing one a couple of months back!)

Oooh! I was looking at the Zoom recorder. Keep me posted on how you like it. Are the built in mics good enough or do you need to add external mics?

I actually got it a few weeks ago as an early present as I wanted to record a few gigs that I had coming up. The mics are superb, in my opinion. I placed the unit in the proximity of my head to record what I was hearing and the recordings were clean and faithful. Easy to use and download to the computer and burn CDs. It came with the 1G card and that was filling up 1/2 way into the second sets so I bought an 8G on Ebay but havn't had the chance to see how long that will record. We have a NYE party at our house and we oinvite all the pro musicians that are either not playing a gig, or to come before or after their gigs. I expect to have about 5 hrs of recording onto the unit. A couple of friends have the H2s and love them as well.

from the gf nsxr knob and zendari shifter, parents got me some dunlop z1 star tires and super soft blanket for me and the gf. Some puma shoes and other small stuff, gift cards and what not.

This year I received a new wristwatch from my wife...

And a Canon T1i, viewfinder loupe, Pro9000 mk2 printer, and a few new lenses from Santa.

For my wife I gave her a new sapphire necklace and Rosetta Stone Japanese parts 2 and 3.

My inlaws got me a broadsword... and my parents sent me a sweater.
We know you're a collector, please post pics of the watch when you get a chance.

I actually got it a few weeks ago as an early present as I wanted to record a few gigs that I had coming up. The mics are superb, in my opinion. I placed the unit in the proximity of my head to record what I was hearing and the recordings were clean and faithful. Easy to use and download to the computer and burn CDs. It came with the 1G card and that was filling up 1/2 way into the second sets so I bought an 8G on Ebay but havn't had the chance to see how long that will record. We have a NYE party at our house and we oinvite all the pro musicians that are either not playing a gig, or to come before or after their gigs. I expect to have about 5 hrs of recording onto the unit. A couple of friends have the H2s and love them as well.

Thanks for the input! I wanted to get one to go with my DSLR for HD video shoots. The built in audio recorder on the DSLR is not good at all...

We know you're a collector, please post pics of the watch when you get a chance.

Will do!

My son said that the cheesy umbrellas I had tucked alongside the seats of the NSX had to go, so he ordered two really nice black compact umbrellas and had them custom printed with the Acura and "A" logos on opposite sides. One of a kind, (I guess?) but in any event, very special to me.

Great kids are a super blessing.

My son said that the cheesy umbrellas I had tucked alongside the seats of the NSX had to go, so he ordered two really nice black compact umbrellas and had them custom printed with the Acura and "A" logos on opposite sides. One of a kind, (I guess?) but in any event, very special to me.

Great kids are a super blessing.

Speaking of kids....
My wife and I got a new baby this Christmas.
Our first baby boy was born on Dec. 26th
We also named him Ayrton Nguyen. Oh yes I did.

I'm kind of tough to buy for because I have a tendency to just buy the stuff I need/want without waiting for gift giving occasions.

All in all Christmas was very nice. We spent the holiday with my wife's family in SD.

We got some cash back into our savings account (we needed it considering my previous unemployment)

My wife got me some flannel pajama pants and a pair of jeans, and all the Austin Powers movies on one DVD (random, but appreciated)

My Cousin did a magnificent repair on our living room ceiling which had some water damage when we had a leak in the upstairs plumbing. He did the work while we were out of town, and it was a really cool surprise when we got home.

P

we got the best gift possible - our son and granddaughter visited us for 4 days.

in addition to the typical family / holiday things, i felt it was a good time to discuss "the future", so yesterday morning we spent 3 hours playing, the game of life - you can't get there from here. it turned out to be a very interesting exercise... we'll see what happens as the years go by.

Jack Shiiits. LOL.

On the naughty list huh?:wink:

Just joking. Actually a large project just finished before xmas. Went totally over budget and decided that will be the gift for me and the mrs. Kids are easy a $20 toy will do.

This is our present for this year. I told the Mrs. that we are covered for Xmas gifts for LIFE. Let see how long that can fly.
4210991347_78e5c678c4_b.jpg

Thread of the construction is here.

http://www.troublefreepool.com/new-pool-on-the-way-t13325.html

Last edited:
^^^^^^^^^^^^
What a pool and what a view !!!!:eek:

I got a portable TV with built in digital tuner, calendar for work, couple of shirts and $$ to get windows on car tinted. I'm happy with that.

Man that is a badass pool. :eek:
My wife and parents chipped in to get me a Proformance Driving School gift certificate. I'm waiting for some good weather probably a few months from now before I redeem it. :biggrin: I've never taken my car to the track so it should be fun.

Back