• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The only snow this nsx will ever see

After 3 months of looking, 2 months of prelooking (while getting the finances in order) and 7 years of wanting, I finally picked up my NSX yesterday in Seattle. I headed towards the border. Initially, I went to the wrong place at the US border and received impolite behavior. I figure they must take courses in being rude. Once I made it to the correct window in the correct building, the gentleman stamped the title and I was off to Canadian customs. After waiting 30 minutes, I was interrogated by Canadian customs on the price even after showing the bill of sale. Once I showed the wire payment, I guess they believed me and I paid 11%(tax and duty). I then drove it up to my brother's in Vancouver where I will store it until spring. In May I will drive it home to Calgary.

Unfortunately, North Vancouver had a snow storm Tuesday, which left a lot of snow on the ground (but not on the roads, except for 50ft up to my brother's house).

It is a 2004 red on blk with 9k miles on it. It drives VERY nice. The only thing which annoys me is the after market wheels touch something when the steering wheel is fully turned, so I may be in the market for oem wheels if I dont get used to it. Everything else is perfect including the tinted windows, no wear interior, virtually nick and scratch free exterior. It apparently has an after market exhaust and a replaced suspension (owner said he had a Zanardi previously and wanted the same feel)

I'm still a bit timid with it as I havent gone above 80mph.

I wish to express my many thanks to NSXprime and its members including J. Fowler who looked at the car for me and to Zantech who checked out the car. I purchased this car sight unseen and on faith that these two gentlemen were honest and accurate. I had been scooped on two previous cars while waiting to get people to look at the car. So this time I decided to make the sale first and have the car checked out before payment was made.

The car was purchased for 64.5kUSD which is not the lowest price I saw, but not the highest either.

Attached is the picture.

Jason N

Attachments

• DSC_0003b.JPG
    DSC_0003b.JPG
    86.8 KB · Views: 444
Very very nice Jason, Enjoy!

Congrats and welcome brother!! We have quite a group in Calgary now...your red bomb will go well with our black, silver, red and yellow cartel!! Theres also an awesome Viper that joins us as well! We meet at the "Landing" in Chestemere and usually go for a good bomb around town!!!!:wink: You should check the "Canadian" section on this site - as that is where you will find whats going on in Calgary, Edmonton and so forth. Can't wait to see you in the Spring brother - Welcome aboard!! :biggrin:

Dam:cool:

Welcome, congrats, and nice car bro!! If you want to get rid of the wheels let me know.

Congrats and welcome brother!! We have quite a group in Calgary now...your red bomb will go well with our black, silver, red and yellow cartel!! Theres also an awesome Viper that joins us as well! We meet at the "Landing" in Chestemere and usually go for a good bomb around town!!!!:wink: You should check the "Canadian" section on this site - as that is where you will find whats going on in Calgary, Edmonton and so forth. Can't wait to see you in the Spring brother - Welcome aboard!! :biggrin:

Dam:cool:

Thanks for the invite. Once I get it in the spring, I'm sure I'll be up for a cruise about town. I'm going to hook up the DRL tommorow ds it will pass federal inpection

SHARP looking NSX. slurpee! Congrats!
The hardest part will be awaiting spring/bringing it to your home... :smile:

Welcome Jason,
Nice ride. Those look like some HRE wheels, and if they are they are pretty expensive. If they rub at full turn you might be able to get rid of that with some 5 mm spacers or run slimmer tires. I love the drive from seatle to Vancouver must been real fun in the nsx. Have fun with it...

Welcome Jason,
Nice ride. Those look like some HRE wheels, and if they are they are pretty expensive. If they rub at full turn you might be able to get rid of that with some 5 mm spacers or run slimmer tires. I love the drive from seatle to Vancouver must been real fun in the nsx. Have fun with it...

Thank you for the advice. what is the standard NSX +02 tire size?

Congratulations from the Arctic. I love your rims!
Just wanted to tell you that the NSX is great on winter roads. I drive mine occasionally as it is too long to wait from october to may for that VTEC feeling in the spine..:wink:

Thank you for the advice. what is the standard NSX +02 tire size?

I believe they are 18" rears and 17" fronts, yours are likely 19" x 18" which isnt uncommon in aftermarket rims. What you are rubbing is the splashguard on the inside of the fenderwell. I had the same thing happen to mine until it got so bad it wore thru and had to replace the splashguard which was over $175 if memory serves me correctly. Get spacers, that would likely be the easiest and cheapest solution.

The tire sizes are 225/35/R18 and 275/35/R19.

I'll have to get a more experienced person to look at the clearance between the car and the ground as I agree the picture looks like the car is higher than normal

Jason
go 215 front. and you can have the strut set to stock height. I have the Bilsteins 1.5 drop with 225 on 18 and no rub. Put some miles on it before you have anything done, I love that car. Congrats again.:wink:

Congrats on your purchase. I think I see some room for snow chains.:biggrin: Enjoy your NSX in May and drive safely.:smile:

Thats what I figured it would be, try 5 mm spacers ( they are only $10 for the fronts )and if that doesn't work get 215 front tires and the rubbing should go away.

Have you had any trouble with spacers. I talked to a person at work today who said they had brake problems when they used spacers. (not an nsx)

Maybe the 215 tires are the more elegant solution?

Lower that puppy, other than that...I love it. Black/Red is my favorite:biggrin:

I was previously running 225/35R18's on the front and due to rubbing I have completely worn thru the front passenger side inner fender guard. So I went and ordered a new splash guard and installed 215/35R18's and no rubbing whatsoever. Actually you can hardly notice a difference in the tire width visually.

Do it instead of spacers...

Back