• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Pros and Cons of your candidates

BD

Legendary Member
Let's have some fun with this. If you like to participate, please follow the rule. No bashing of any candidates you dislike. This is strictly for what you know/understand about the candidate of your choice.

If you want to quote some one, please only quote them because you agree, or want to add to the agreement. So we don't have any more spins or arguments. You want to argue, there are plenty of threads for you to do that.:wink:

Three categories:pros, Cons, and Concern:

The thoughts should be fair and candid base on their believes, NOT their physical/health issues.

Since I started the thread, I'll go first:

Needless to say, I'm for GOP:

McCain:
Pros: Vast knowledge of international affairs. A man who believes in low taxes, cut programs, and honest about not only care for the citizens of this nation, but the world. He also have the record of reaching across the isle.
Cons: Little on the hot head side but manageable. The age may have been an issue, but he is relatively healthy, and I'm sure he will be properly monitored while in the office.
Concerns: How much can he get things done if the congress continue lead by Pelocy, Reed, and Schumer.

Palin:
Pros: Even though her political career is relatively short, but when compare to her counter part, she has the knowledge of running a governmental system. People in her state like her, and she is NOT a DC insider, which means she can relate to the citizens. I also like her hands on approach and willingness to learn. Great ability to brush off ridiculous media attacks, and believe in Pro Life.
Cons: I'm am some what of a Christian, but I don't believe using religion to run the world, even though many have accused her of it, but I didn't see any evidence of that.
Concerns: First woman to be considered to have a real shot of becoming a VP, which means the learning curve may be steep since she will have to deal with things differently in a national stage. I do have faith in her ability to learn and catch on quickly, but timing may not be good (If she were to be elected during the Clinton Era, things may be easier since the world is a little more complicated today).

One Con of Obama is he is being pushed down our throat by the media.
I think the media trying to control our thoughts and beliefs is worse than any war on terror or economic crisis, and may be reason enough to make the decision on who to vote against.

We yell about communist nations and how their government controls their media and their thoughts. Well... It's no different in the land of the free in the year 2008. Except the media is owned by a handful of the super elite. The end result is the same.

Last edited:
I'm not a Democrat or Republican as I vote for the person, not the party they choose to affiliate.

McCain:

Pros: His wife takes Drift lessons. If elected, probably won't be alive long enough to screw things up too badly.

Cons: Thinks the middle class is someone that makes $5 mil a year. :eek: Completely out of touch with reality - bet you he has no idea what a 12 pack of Budweiser cost even though it paid for his Senate seat & his Presidential run (one my good friend sis part of the AB family in St. Louis and he can tell you exactly how much a 12 pack of Mich Ultra cost - because he still lives in the real world ). Obviously, can't fly a plane worth a shit.

Palin:

Pros: Nice ass

Cons: IQ of a salad bar!!!!!!

Obama:

Pros: Articulate, smart, charsmatic and doesn't make up his own words that are not in a dictionary (Bushisms)

Cons: Inexperienced at playing with the "Big Boys", Talks a good game and delivers nothing.

Biden:

Pros: Sincere

Cons: Couldn't do Prez on his own, so what the hell - VP gets good seats for events.

Last edited:
Oh, ya... check out this one. WTF was the Obama Campaign thinking???
Did they really think they were going to get away with this...

http://www.kmov.com/video/index.html?nvid=285793&shu=1

Followup, from MO Gov Matt Blunt....

http://governor.mo.gov/cgi-bin/cora...XqGMaj&style=Default+News+Style&tmpl=newsitem

Wow, that's simply amazing.
I don't know, I just came off of watching Saturday Night Live. As an independent voter, and someone who understands psychological influence, it makes me want to give up on the whole political system. We're far from free in this country.

Great thread idea Vance. I'm looking forward to hearing what everyone has to say. Its so refreshing to hear all of your opinions because you guys actually have a clue on whats going on. I talk to people at school and its so sad. They basically say:

Obama: Because I watch MTV and hes cool, young, and "hot". Hes Black. I don't know it, but I'm really a tool and I'm going to mindlessly vote for Obama because thats what the in thing to do is. McCain is going to die and my hamster can run our country better than Palin could.

McCain: He drives a CTS. His wife is hot and she drifts. Republican women are HOT. Palin has a nice ass. WHITE power! And I'm secretly a racist. And he was a POW so that means he will be a good president.

That is the majority of what I hear but then again the University that I attend isn't the best out there either. I'm looking forward to going to the young Democrats vs. Republicans debate this Tuesdays on campus. I'm still on the fence here but I'll decide what my conclusions are and will state my opinion soon.

Last edited:
MCCAIN: Served country for 50 years putting country first and party second. Has made mistakes, but has become a wiser leader.
OBAMA: Most unqualified Presidential candidate, EVER. His short political resume is filled with anti-American haters, corrupt, fraudulent and violent individuals and organizations. This is the unexcusable truth.

Unfortunately, the Democratic party doesn't have a good Democrat such as Hillary Clinton, they have a fraud.

This is just one example. Look into Obama and ACORN. This is a good starting point.
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1070443#post1070443

Last edited:
Back