• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The red key

Don't buy an owners manual guys. I'm your new best friend. Check it out here. You can pretty much get any owners manual you ever wanted.

On the lower left hand corner is an "owners manual" link. Click on that which takes you to the year. Click on the year and it takes you to the model. This is for Honda and Acura vehicles. From 1990 to 2009. Once you find the owner's manual that you want, you'll click on the "blue" parts to switch between all of the pages.

Doesn't work for the 91 NSX........:frown:

EDIT: The 92 doesnt work either but the 93 does so I guess that is just as good.

EDIT X2: Never mind.....it downlaods the first page but then the links dont work. I tried all the manuals to 96.........you are off my best friend list now.

print & html...

$76 for the service manual? With a little sear[ch]ing on the internet I found an Adobe copy for free.
Don't buy an owners manual guys...
What if we actually like leafing through the pages of a physical entity, in addition to scrolling/clicking a mouse online? :wink:

IMHO... having a printed manual is much preferable to carrying around a notebook computer while wrenchin' on/in/under the NSX, and printing out the important pages for a particular job becomes rather tiresome after a while.

Diff'rent strokes, fo' diff'rent folkz...

Besides, a model-year specific OEM service manual w/ the relevant supplements is more authentic NSX paraphernalia to own! :D

Sorry guys. I guess 91 doesn't work.

Let's use 2002 for example. I would click on 2002, then onto the NSX manual. On that page, you can click on any of the sections which are on the right side under the "Contents" column. For example, if you wanted to read about the "Features and Controls", you would click over to the right on the number "45". There it will take you to another screen for all of the features and controls. Click on the blue numbers on those pages to read whatever you want. To go back, you would click on the "main menu" or even "table of contents" buttons at the top of each page. You can printout or save any page you want. Print them all out to have an actual manual that you can touch and feel.

hmmmmmmmm.....perhaps its just my computer then cause I cant get the 02 manual to work either.........can anyone else confirm this?

Re: print & html...

What if we actually like leafing through the pages of a physical entity, in addition to scrolling/clicking a mouse online? :wink:

IMHO... having a printed manual is much preferable to carrying around a notebook computer while wrenchin' on/in/under the NSX, and printing out the important pages for a particular job becomes rather tiresome after a while.

Diff'rent strokes, fo' diff'rent folkz...

Besides, a model-year specific OEM service manual w/ the relevant supplements is more authentic NSX paraphernalia to own! :D

I agree with the last sentence here and its not the only NSX book i own.

Since no one posted a picture yet here is the red key, two normal keys and the gray valet key. Note: this picture was stolen and is not mine.

3079977_9.jpg

The red key is used in conjunction with a chipped key. When you need a duplicate, you bring in the "red key" to your dealer and he can cut you a new one. With today's updted technology, I don't think this key is needed anymore. Once I confirm, my red key is going into the trash. You put in the "red key" in the ignition yourself, you potentially lock out the system and then you have to pay $500-1k to get things re-programmed. Hence, my concern that the red key was put in my ignition.

I don't know if I'd go so far as to put it in the trash, even if you determine that it's no longer needed. It might be better to just tuck it away in a safe place along with all the other stuff for the car. I'm sure many potential buyers/collectors would ask for it. I know I would.

Does anyone know if the red key only works or fit for the door and ignition only like a valet key? My 2001 came with a red key that I was told is the valet key. It won't open trunk or glove compartment. Good thing I haven't tried to start the car with it. No grey key.

Back