• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

the ultimate NSX street car

Seats, brakes, wing, even coilovers, yeah. Back to stock. Although you still know someone has removed and re-installed parts on the car. Not a good thing anyway. Not that simple with a supercharger that has pushed the stock motor to 420 HP via aftermarket engine management. Then you have to explain the qualifications of the tuner and why there would be no extra wear or possible damage on the motor versus stock. That's not a "bolt back to stock" thing.

Simple compression and leak down would take care of any explaining needed in that instance.

I love the car. I get the whole Zanardi is rare argument but it's his to do what he likes. Sounds like he doesn't need the marginal appreciation of a Zanardi to make money.

Life is short. Drive hard.

but but but... the wife is a trophy wife... you want to just look at her...
it's the man's car. If I had the fund to buy one mod it I would have done the same thing.

The Zanardi is rare. Most people don't even introduce it as an nsx. That car is the cleanest one of 2 immaculate nsx's I've seen. Given they made 49 of them for public consumption, leaving it alone seems to be the better option. Not saying the owner screwed up, since it's definitely his decision. Now I'm saying to myself, that looks like a red nsx with nice mods. If he left the stock Zanardi wheels on, and kept the stock spoiler, then it would more recognizable as a unicorn. Still a very nice nsx.........I mean Zanardi:)

This all being said... the mods are stupidly tasteful and spot on with what I'd love to do if I had the coin. Prodrive, Stoptech, KW, SoS forced induction... great list. All top notch stuff IMHO.

That's like saying 'you can always take out the implants'...

...cue 'Just the way you are' Billy Joel lol

Why is it the owner's responsibility to preserve a car, when he'd rather have fun with it?

Modifying cars is an expression, he chose a Zanardi - sounds like a good base to start from.

x2!!!

This is exactly what a Zanardi was built for. Not to leave untouched under a cover in the garage.

Kudo's to SOS and this owner for putting together a gorgeous very tastefully modded Zanardi!! I LOVE IT!!!!!!!

i do get the why people are getting antsy about this; but it's obvious the owner can afford to do whatever he want's with the car.

and based the his taste, the choice of mods, parts, as well as who he is getting to do the work; it looks like he's doing things right.

Sounds like he doesn't need the marginal appreciation of a Zanardi to make money.

Life is short. Drive hard.

Well since we are talking... I don't like the R wing without an 02 apron or a taitec diffuser or SOMETHING other than the OEM pre 02 rear. I like the wheels a lot because they are like a larger version of the OEM. The drop is nice, not overdone. Brakes are nice. Seats are very nice. Perfect. The R wing on a stock body Zanardi.... That's a negatory.

While, in my opinion, a Zanardi is best in its stock form, it's kind of cool to see and owner doing exactly what he wants with HIS car and not letting a fear of resale value or critics get in the way of him having fun.

Last edited:
Gotta ask - what clutch to handle all that powah?

Why a Zanardi? Why not is the question? Turn a nice NSX into a perfect NSX in the owners eyes. Buy a Zanardi and never drive it, never change it, keep it bone stock to sell it someday? F that, life is too short! If you have the money, then have at it. Most gearheads with money are not thinking of cars as an investment and have fun with them and move on when the next car comes around.

I'm not sure what all the excitement is about - every part installed has been engineered to be 100% reversible.

After owning several NSX, the customer knew he wanted a coupe, 3.2L, 6-spd, and manual steering rack. The Zanardi is the only NSX offered in the USA that offers this, along with some of the other lightening features. While I can't speak for him - I suspect that he spends more time enjoying the car than stressing about preserving it for the next guy - which the argument anyway is irrelevant since he has no plans to ever sell (wants to be buried in it) and the modifications are 100% reversible shall he change his mind down the road.

I'd personally ditch the spoiler and the 02 tails and try to keep it the ultimate in "1990s era" NSX (have always loved the dark jdm tails)! Must be a hoot to drive and just as finely balanced as the original.

What an entertaining and thought provoking thread!

First, thanks to Chris and SOS for the fantastic work they have performed on the car. Chris is a straight shooter and enthusiast of the first order, and it has been a pleasure working with him. Lots of cool projects going on at SOS right now...

Second, this discussion explores what I believe to be one of the most unsettling aspect of owning cool cars; the constant, implied necessity of preserving the car for resale. As some of you have pointed out, this is aptly known as "saving the car for the next guy" syndrome. I will be the first to admit that I have grappled with this over the past umpteen years with various different cars (many of which cost more than a nice suburban home). I'm sick of it. So, when I bought the Zanardi, I decided to draw the line. As you see, I have not wavered in my resolve.

Let me put this as bluntly and concisely as I can: I bought the Zanardi not because it was a Zanardi, but because it was a 3.2 Liter Coupe/6 Speed/manual steering car that had been well cared for. The Zanardi part, while cool, was not really that important to me; it was the performance and torsional rigidity of the lightweight coupe that I was after.

I didn't buy the car as an investment, and I didn't buy it to put in a museum. I didn't buy it to wax it or fawn over it and allow it to collect dust in the garage. I bought it with the intention of turning into my interpretation of the PERFECT sports car and then to blast up and down my favorite canyon roads in it. I won, and after all the prima donna cars I've owned, obsessed over, preserved, and then sold at a loss, I don't give a tinker's damn what the next guy thinks about my NSX. As far as "explaining" the modifications I performed to the car, my family can do that at my funeral.

Finally, and for those who care, I can't begin to describe what a fantastic car this is. The brakes are amazing, and the supercharger makes this car magnificent. It looks cool, and the seats are not only lightweight, but comfortable and are perfectly suited to the car.

My NSX shares garage space with some pretty incredible cars. When someone asks me which is my favorite, I find myself gazing at the lovely, light, responsive NSX. It may be the greatest car I have ever owned. One thing for sure, I built it just the way I like it. :)

End of sermon.

What I want to read is how the Zanardi with all the great mods now compares to the rest of the vehicles in his stable!!! :smile:

I'm not sure what all the excitement is about - every part installed has been engineered to be 100% reversible.

After owning several NSX, the customer knew he wanted a coupe, 3.2L, 6-spd, and manual steering rack. The Zanardi is the only NSX offered in the USA that offers this, along with some of the other lightening features. While I can't speak for him - I suspect that he spends more time enjoying the car than stressing about preserving it for the next guy - which the argument anyway is irrelevant since he has no plans to ever sell (wants to be buried in it) and the modifications are 100% reversible shall he change his mind down the road.

Chris, didn't see your post until I had posted mine. We seem to be on the same page :)

First, thanks to Chris and SOS for the fantastic work they have performed on the car. Chris is a straight shooter and enthusiast of the first order, and it has been a pleasure working with him. Lots of cool projects going on at SOS right now...

Second, this discussion explores what I believe to be one of the most unsettling aspect of owning cool cars; the constant, implied necessity of preserving the car for resale. As some of you have pointed out, this is aptly known as "saving the car for the next guy" syndrome. I will be the first to admit that I have grappled with this over the past umpteen years with various different cars (many of which cost more than a nice suburban home). I'm sick of it. So, when I bought the Zanardi, I decided to draw the line. As you see, I have not wavered in my resolve.

Let me put this as bluntly and concisely as I can: I bought the Zanardi not because it was a Zanardi, but because it was a 3.2 Liter Coupe/6 Speed/manual steering car that had been well cared for. The Zanardi part, while cool, was not really that important to me; it was the performance and torsional rigidity of the lightweight coupe that I was after.

I didn't buy the car as an investment, and I didn't buy it to put in a museum. I didn't buy it to wax it or fawn over it and allow it to collect dust in the garage. I bought it with the intention of turning into my interpretation of the PERFECT sports car and then to blast up and down my favorite canyon roads in it. I won, and after all the prima donna cars I've owned, obsessed over, preserved, and then sold at a loss, I don't give a tinker's damn what the next guy thinks about my NSX. As far as "explaining" the modifications I performed to the car, my family can do that at my funeral.

Finally, and for those who care, I can't begin to describe what a fantastic car this is. The brakes are amazing, and the supercharger makes this car magnificent. It looks cool, and the seats are not only lightweight, but comfortable and are perfectly suited to the car.

My NSX shares garage space with some pretty incredible cars. When someone asks me which is my favorite, I find myself gazing at the lovely, light, responsive NSX. It may be the greatest car I have ever owned. One thing for sure, I built it just the way I like it. :)

End of sermon.

You beat me to it! I still would love to read a DeHaldaswerth review!

Thank you for that response DeHaldaswerth! All this whining in the thread was starting to get annoying. It's a car...a GREAT car. You're the owner, MOD IT HOW YOU LIKE, DRIVE IT HOW YOU LIKE! I applaud you!

End of sermon.

Awesome.

End of sermon.

Amen.

Back