• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

The Wife

So normally when I talk about potential mods to the car with the wife, she politely listens and lets in go in one ear and out the other. That was until I mentioned the stereo delete plate. "wait...what's that do?" Oh its so when I take the stereo out I don't have a big hole in the dash. "WHAT...you are not taking the stereo out of that car" Made me LMAO.

I guess I'll be keeping the stereo:rolleyes:

As long as I get all the bills paid and "feed the pig", then the wife doesn't even notice the mods. Besides, I don't tell her which shoe or purse to buy, so she respects (puts up with) my toys.

I prefer to have tunes in the car also, especially for long drives. I am slowly getting all the items I need for my stereo upgrade.

I am always buying stuff but I tend to accumulate things a little at a time, so I keep my habit down to a manageable level. My wife likes to spend so I have to show some self control to set a good example.

I don't tell my wife anything about the car anymore.

Not worth the hassle. Technically I'm not lying to her...so it's all good.

It is funny when you come home and hear "Honey, did you know there are no seats in your car?" (when I was having them re-upholstered)

I hope she doesn't notice the super charger.
:smile:

Since my fact. radio is broken and I've been anal rammed by Tamoske, I just listen to the tunes of my GM/V2 going down the road.:wink:

Well, the girl that I have been seeing for the last five months is not actually My Wife and so far, she does not yet object to anything I say about the car.

As a matter of fact, a little while ago, I was telling her I was thinking about buying a set of the Recaro Pole Positions.
Went something like this:

Me: "I was looking at a set of different seat for the NSX last week"She: "Oh? Is there something wrong with the seats then."
Me:"Well, not really. But you see, these are the Recaro Pole Position seats. There are almost like the seat in the NSX-R."
She: "Oh I see. Are they lighter than the ones you have now?"
Me: "Yes, they are much lighter. And they look prettty good too."
She: "Oh, if they are lighter then that's better isn't it. Make you go faster."
Me: "YES !!!" :smile:

She sounds like a keeper to me! :biggrin:

After reading this, I am glad I am divorced.:biggrin:

My wife generally just rolls her eyes at me when I talk about doing things to the NSX. A while ago, when I first considered a supercharger, she called a "stupidcharger". So, I changed my mind and went with a turbo! :biggrin: She thinks I have gone off the deep end.

My wife generally just rolls her eyes at me when I talk about doing things to the NSX. A while ago, when I first considered a supercharger, she called a "stupidcharger". So, I changed my mind and went with a turbo! :biggrin: She thinks I have gone off the deep end.

That's awesome! My wife says the same thing, then I have to remind her that her car (SL55) also has a "stupidcharger" in it. (Women).

My wife, after ownership of the NSX for approx. 5 years just found out the engine is in the middle...LOL as I was doing some cleaning of the glass, one day.
I was like :eek:
She had always thought that the hood was there for the engine. Of course the glass in the back has always been tinted.
But makes me wonder... Hmmm that Psssst sound...
Oh honey, that is there to let off the hot air so the engine runs cooler.:biggrin:

LOL, your wife...well in internet terms: EPIC PWND you:eek: she sounds pretty cool

As long as I get all the bills paid and "feed the pig", then the wife doesn't even notice the mods. Besides, I don't tell her which shoe or purse to buy, so she respects (puts up with) my toys.

It wasn't the money, it was the idea of not being able to listen to music in the car. Lighter stuff, bigger pipes, fancy CF....no problem. Take the music away...now we got a problem.

I got a kick out of it becouse, like some others, I get the usual eye roll when I show her the new widget I must have for the car.

I haven't tried it yet, but I think a color change would also get an opinion out of her:biggrin:

How so you guys react if she wants a new beauty case or something like that? :)

Man, I'm glad I have the wife I have. She bought me the NSX for my birthday. :smile: I think that would qualify as a keeper. :biggrin:

why even ask?

just put it in. if she asks, tell her the radio broke and to save $ you "deleted" it :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

why even ask?

just put it in. if she asks, tell her the radio broke and to save $ you "deleted" it :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I bring it up, becouse like the fellow above, she bought it for me. I came home from work, opened the garage door and there it was. So I do like to run stuff by her before I go nuts. It just made me laugh becouse she normally doesn't care.

Somethings wrong with me. My case is vice versa. I am the one who wants to sell the car and be rid of the NSX pit but she encourages me to keep going and get it done. I'll bring up a mod:

Me: Hey babe I was looking at this Love Fab kit and they have a budget set up!

Her: How much is it

Me: Blah blah amount

Her: is that with the engine built yada yada

Me: No that runs this amount I got a quote from blah!

Her: get the engine built have the turbo put on blah!

Me::frown: looking at my pocket sometimes! LOL

Her: Whatever you wanna do i'll support you.

Me: How bout we do this and go another route.

Her: Naw just finish this car see how it goes and then decide. YOUR NOT SELLING IT TILL IT"S DONE!!!:mad:

Me: uhhh well I found this brake kit blah

Her: get that too, if it makes you happy and helps the car!!

Me: :redface: kinda happy but hate looking at the budget since I always have a conscience and look for a brighter day with comfort.

Her: WTF you gonna do? Going to sell it? NOT!!!!!!!:biggrin: finish it be done with it, you'll only be happy then and then you cross the bridge when your not gonna sell it and you'll just give me the title.

Me;:confused: WTF

This is a normal thing every week when the topic of car mods and what we wanna buy. ANything related to the NSX she is always down. Me I am looking for something else always because I get bored or I get an awsome offer. She always has to be my yin and I am the yang. I think I have a keeper!! YOU THINK? She paints, did her own turbo install on her previous car and ran a tool ware house and sprayed military vehicles for several years. She is always my prep Woman when it comes to cleaning the car. ALways giddy when it's time to go to the garage. Me I'm like damn I have to finish this to start this. LOL I can't complain. Sorry for some of the fellas here, not all woman want purses but that is another story. It becomes vice versa. LOL

-g-

Your living in a dreamland.:biggrin:

Somethings wrong with me. My case is vice versa. I am the one who wants to sell the car and be rid of the NSX pit but she encourages me to keep going and get it done. I'll bring up a mod:

-g-

Back