• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The windows thingy again!!!! =(

for those of you who did the windows fix-its,
If I lose tension on the motor, does it mean that I am out of luck. Damn it :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: . I'm thinking of buying another one from dali....so what do you guys think. And for the ones who are about to do it; do the plyer thing and follow the directions.
Thanks in advance.

What you mention are two different things.
The window fix-it thingies, are for the problem with the plastic clip and the old-style housing.
For the low tention problem, i assume you mean that the windows go up to slowly.
This can solved partialy by lubing up the mechanics of the windows, but it seems more likely that your electric motor has lost its strength. Only solution to solve the latter is replacing the assembly with a new one.

Read more here: link

hth,

mich

sorry guys, I guess I confused alot of people. I took apart the door to put in the fix-it-thingy for the windows, but when i replace the plastic one with the metal one the bottom cable wouldn't slipping in (into the slot), it was short like 5mm. Then the motor just sucked the cable back into the spool. I tried to pull it back out, but no luck. Therefore, my regulator is screwed. :frown:
Joe: if it is slow, it just means that your window tracks are dirty and the plastic pieces are starting to come loose. But most likely the dirt.
Thanks

With all the discussion about thingies giving way and windows falling in, I pulled the cover off the driver door of my 92 last night because of the window going up so slow. To my surprise, mine has the updated thingies! I think they are factory? Anyway, I greased up the rails as best I could, and still, the window is very slow--only in the up direction, and slower the closer it gets to the top? Maybe the grease needs to work in? The window actually comes to a stop about 1/2" shy of closed! I noticed a lot of "slop" in the mechanism when switching direction up/down. I'd say the motor is just worn out, but it works quite well when lowering the window?

Thoughts?

Joe Gliksman said:
With all the discussion about thingies giving way and windows falling in, I pulled the cover off the driver door of my 92 last night because of the window going up so slow. To my surprise, mine has the updated thingies! I think they are factory? Anyway, I greased up the rails as best I could, and still, the window is very slow--only in the up direction, and slower the closer it gets to the top? Maybe the grease needs to work in? The window actually comes to a stop about 1/2" shy of closed! I noticed a lot of "slop" in the mechanism when switching direction up/down. I'd say the motor is just worn out, but it works quite well when lowering the window?

Thoughts?

Mine works quite well when going down too but is so slow going up...especially in the first few inches and hte last few. it seems to gain some speed in the middle, but the top is so slow that i have to help it up. It gets slower too at night when its either cold or extremely muggy.

DutchBlackNsx said:
What you mention are two different things.
The window fix-it thingies, are for the problem with the plastic clip and the old-style housing.
For the low tention problem, i assume you mean that the windows go up to slowly.
This can solved partialy by lubing up the mechanics of the windows, but it seems more likely that your electric motor has lost its strength. Only solution to solve the latter is replacing the assembly with a new one.

Read more here: link

hth,

mich

Joe Gliksmann and Brian2by2,

Look what DutchBlackNsx wrote :mad:

For windows moving up and down slowly, try some 100% Silicone spray into the rubber runchannels the window slides up and down in. This will fix up most wondow-moves-slow complaints.

Well, today, after the grease and silicone spray had a chance to soak in, the window moves down as fast as it ever did, and up slower, but acceptably--and it closes snug without stopping. In other words, the lubrication helped. I still think maybe the motor is showing it's almost 13 years of age and use, but lubricating the window channels helped. I have not tried the silicone on the rubber moldings--I might try that too.

Back