• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Thin Black Felt Tape- Where can I buy some?

I am looking for the thin black felt tape that us used in the NSX around the center console and radio to eliminate squeaks and rattles. Both my local Honda & Acura dealers can't find any part number or source for the thin felt tape. (It is a little thinner than a business card.)

Does anyone know of a source for thin felt tape with adhesive backing?

It's called squeak tape, it comes in various styles and thicknesses.

The one we commonly carry is an EPT foam in various thicknesses, which might replace the felt stuff, and it squishes readily. Comes in a roll, part number 06991-SA5-000 is the thinnest one.

I have some 06993-SA5-000 which is a felt tape from Honda. Works well for dash squeaks etc. I also have some 1/8" pvc foam tape. That stuff works good for bodywork/bodykits. You can get it from http://www.foamtapes.net/. They also stock Felt tape in various thicknesses and colors.

Thanks for getting the part number for Honda/Acura.
My local Honda & Acura dealers couldn't find it. I'm trying to get my interior assembled this weekend and really wanted the right tape.

I just now called the local Acura dealer.
They said, "$57.14 for the roll.... and it's a small roll."
Ouch!!!
Ray Laks offers a much better deal at less than HALF THE PRICE.
Unfortunately, I'm putting my car together this weekend for some NSX member visitors to Hawaii arriving from Buffalo on Monday and I will pay the local price due to the shipping time.

Thanks for the part number and info.

I went to my local Acura dealer and their tape is too thick. I'm looking for the very thin black felt tape that is about the thickness of masking tape. It is used in the NSX around the center A/C vent and center console. It is so thin that you can see daylight through its fibers.
If anyone can find a source, please let me know. I've tried my local audio store and they don't know of a source either.

Part number for the 1/16th tape is 06990-SA5-000 (this is an old number I bought many years ago)
I used this on my console when I took mine apart and it worked great!

I am looking for the thin black felt tape that us used in the NSX around the center console and radio to eliminate squeaks and rattles. Both my local Honda & Acura dealers can't find any part number or source for the thin felt tape. (It is a little thinner than a business card.)

Does anyone know of a source for thin felt tape with adhesive backing?

I'm looking for the very thin black felt tape that is about the thickness of masking tape. It is used in the NSX around the center A/C vent and center console. auto clicker

Last edited:
Honda 99-030 service bulletin describes various recommended service materials along with their part numbers.

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=...aterials.pdf&usg=AOvVaw2sdbjJLRGpbQKLKA8U5w8N

On the first page of the bulletin you will find insulating materials. I suspect the part you are looking for is the Tricot Tape. There is also the Wool Felt; but, it is only available in a much larger size and you would have to cut to fit. Do a google search on the part numbers to get a better idea of what is appropriate. You should be able to order the part from your dealer.

There is also a good chance that the 'exact stuff' is custom to the interior part and is only available as part of that interior part, not as a separate piece.

Last edited:
Back