• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Things to do in Laguna Beach

OK folks:
My wife and I won (business was good last year) a Trip to Laguna Beach from may 7-11. We will be staying at the Montage resort there curtesy of United Helthcare. They have already set us up for a sea kayak tour and we get spa time also. What else is there to do in Laguna Beach. We have never been there before. We spent a week in LA about 9 years ago, but otherwise I have never been to California, we prefer the Carribean as it is closer for us.

Also has anyone been to the Montage before. I have won these trips before and they usually send us somewhere very nice, but it never hurts to know beforehand how a place is.

Thanks for the help,

:biggrin:

The Montage is extremely nice and very beautiful. My wife and I live just down PCH in Dana Point and we've had dinner a few times there. The grounds are fantastic, the views are amazing.

There's lots to do in S. Orange County. What are you into?

During the day there's surfing, boating, even scuba if that's your thing. S. Orange County has some great lazy day beaches made for sunning and relaxing and some great breaks made for surfing.

LB is a very artsy town. There are a lot of great restaurants as well as art galleries. There's some fantastic shopping in South Coast Plaza, Fashion Island, Crystal Cove, etc.

There's also the now world famous Crystal Cove car meet every Sat. AM.

I'd be more than happy to give you plenty of leads on places, things if you want. Just PM me with a better idea of what you and your wife are interested in.

Regards and an early welcome to Orange County.:biggrin:

Thanks for the insight. My wife is into art and has done some painting herself for our pleasure not profit. We really enjoy good food. Most likely the convention will provide many of our meals, but any ideas of really good restuarants would be appreciated. Also any neat sight seeing places we enjoy going to. I have been a history buff so we enjoy seeing landmarks a city may have.

Thanks for the help,

:smile:

I just visited Laguna and the "OC" in January and for me (24 yr old guy) the most fun i had was cruising around the streets of Newport and Laguna just "taking it all in." I was by myself on the way home from Japan and figured why not check out Newport for a few days. So i rented a car and just rode around. It may sound boring but for a car lover there is no better place. I saw sooo many exotics and nice cars, unreal homes and views, and whenever i got hungry i just picked a place that looked cool and was never disapointed.

So my only advice would be to not "over plan" and just see what you see...

Here are some of my pics ---> http://community.webshots.com/album/547420487HPtEXV

Have Fun!

druby said:
Thanks for the insight. My wife is into art and has done some painting herself for our pleasure not profit. We really enjoy good food. Most likely the convention will provide many of our meals, but any ideas of really good restuarants would be appreciated. Also any neat sight seeing places we enjoy going to. I have been a history buff so we enjoy seeing landmarks a city may have.

Thanks for the help,

:smile:
David -

I can give you a ton of restaurant recommendations. In fact, I'd highly recommend that if at all possible you skip any buffet food the convention is offering and get out and enjoy some absolutely world class restaurants in the area.

Here's a quick, partial list.

French 75 - very romantic with a killer champagne bar
Splashes - another great romantic rest. with fantastic views
Studio - inside the Montage. High end with great views.
The Loft - also inside the Montage but cheaper than the Studio and much less formal
Javier's - great, reasonably priced Mexican food.
Wahoo's - excellent, cheap Mexican food.
Harbor Grill in Dana Point - very laid back but excellent seafood in a long-time family owned restaurant.

As for historic sights.. the mission in San Juan is just a few minutes away.

Truth is there's a ton of stuff to do.

Again... drop me a pm if you'd like more thoughts or ideas. I hope you enjoy your time here in what I like to call God's country.

Back