• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Thinking of getting some paint done... opinions?

Which valence paint scheme to go with

• leave it as is

Votes: 25 48.1%
  • paint it to look faux '02+ style

Votes: 27 51.9%

• Total voters
I'm in for the centerpiece rear valence either 02 Look with no fins or Kite with Fins.

I posted on the vendor's thread and I'm patiently waiting response so we can all get this part and install it.:wink:

I think there are 3 of us so far so sign up people. Hope we get some responses soon.:tongue:

Regards,
Ton

NSXAU said:
DV8
Hey thanks again for your great work..will be going into a family meeting !! to decide...one thing all have said is..is with any of partial paint outs ..like only painting the bottom middle bar section as an eg. that seeing the other section not painted may not look right when physically looking at the car ...raising ?s like why would yuo just do that etc as it may look only half done...thats why I wanted the full paint option. I still like the 'floating' bar but the family opinion is they like it too but it may look 'dumn' when you can see the rest of the valance not painted ...car goes in on March 6..decision time !!:confused: :rolleyes:

Thanks again for your help

Glad to help. Will be anxious to see what the outcome will be. Please post pics when you get it back!

Stick-e-rice said:
I'm in for the centerpiece rear valence either 02 Look with no fins or Kite with Fins.

I posted on the vendor's thread and I'm patiently waiting response so we can all get this part and install it.:wink:

I think there are 3 of us so far so sign up people. Hope we get some responses soon.:tongue:

Regards,
Ton

I think that combo would look absolutely incredible on a black car, can't wait to see it!
btw, you wouldn't happen to have a rear shot of your car, would you? :wink: :biggrin:

Hey guys car is back from paint shop...in the end in consultation with the paint guys I decided to only paint the spats [simpler job..can always add more paint later]...but it looks fat !!!!, the spats needed quite a bit of finiishing and prep, but the guys fit-off, paint and panel finish I'm very happy with..and to protect the underside thats painted we put some 3M protective film under..will pull car out tomorrow for some final pics, got home a bit late tonite.

PS Thanks to Redshift, DV8, stick-e-rice for your help opinions photoshop etc

Thanks Again

stick-e-rice said:

I posted on the vendor's thread and I'm patiently waiting response so we can all get this part and install it.

I think there are 3 of us so far so sign up people. Hope we get some responses soon.

Regards,
Ton
hehe, what's your definition of "patiently waiting." :wink: :biggrin:

I can't wait either, but I'm just so glad there are people on prime willing to help! :biggrin: :biggrin:

NSXAU said:
Hey guys car is back from paint shop...in the end in consultation with the paint guys I decided to only paint the spats [simpler job..can always add more paint later]...but it looks fat !!!!, the spats needed quite a bit of finiishing and prep, but the guys fit-off, paint and panel finish I'm very happy with..and to protect the underside thats painted we put some 3M protective film under..will pull car out tomorrow for some final pics, got home a bit late tonite.

PS Thanks to Redshift, DV8, stick-e-rice for your help opinions photoshop etc

Thanks Again
That's great! I'm definitely interested in seeing some pics. :biggrin:

Spats and paint done, exhaust shield polished

All done !!

12074113_1380-med.JPG

12074113_1368-med.JPG

12074113_1366-med.JPG

:smile:

Back