• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

thinking of trading my 07 corvette Z06 in for a 02+ NSX

*IF* that is your Z, you are crazy as an MF for trading it for an NSX.

:confused:

Sorry but I have to agree. I don't think the Z06 is going to be THAT unreliable that you should trade it for a NSX. Now, if you don't drive it because its too fast or stiff etc etc then I can understand.

Corvette to NSX = Upgrade :)

The car is awesome. A monster, but guys love to toss the bull.
Part of car talk.:smile:

The NSX, I love, but this is a whole different league of performance.
It's scary fast.

I've to agree..rode in one and never felt anything like it!!!!:smile:

the corvette is great but im doing close to 90mph by the end of second gear which takes under 10 seconds to get there.

its not practical i want something that i can enjoy driving, not worry about breaking into triple digit speed by shifting into third

lol. yea there pretty quick

I have a a set of headers and a Dyno tune in my car and I made 494rwhp SAE

z06027.jpg

and here is a pic

z06013-1.jpg

im not trolling, lol

I work for a dealership in Ft. Myers FL Scanlon Acura

FusionZ06 on OffTopic? You're making a great decision! :biggrin:

He said he doesn't enjoy driving it — why pursuade the guy from selling the Z06??

He's trying to join the NSX pack haha, give him a little encouragement. Z06 to NSX is not a downgrade. 100 out of 100 times I'd take the NSX.

Power isn't everything fellas - this crowd should know that better than most.

i have mostly been a Big V8 guy as i have goten older

when i was younger I had alot of intergra Type R and did a decent bit of auto-x, but while as enjoyable as it was to drive they were SLOW on the street

then i got into street racing, thats why i moved into the V8's

cheap to mod and fix, can build a nasty street setup(making 440rwhp, and then throw a 150 shot on top of it) great for street racing. but dont handle well and that makes them borning to drive on the street

I bought the C6 Z06 because it was the next step in my evolution as a driver I now want a fun car that i can drive daily, it makes 500rwhp turns the 1/4 in 10 seconds and is still a really good handiling car even with the runflat tires, throw some michelin PS2's on there and its a differant car.

BUT the steering is Numb and STILL not enjoyable to drive.

i know that honestly the NSX on paper in terms of acceleration, handiling, and brakeing is not better than the Z06 in ANYWAY.

but wow its really enjoyable to drive

but wow its really enjoyable to drive

Precisely. The NSX is truly more than the sum of its parts.

I have about 32,000 NSX miles under my belt and I never get bored with it.

My M3 is a little faster but it just sits in the garage and is likely going to be sold.

My friend that I bought the NSX from has a E46 M3 and elected to keep that since it was hard to give up the cup holders, SMG, drop top, and GPS.

It was not an easy decision, but at least he has access to the NSX and can drive it.

The M3 is a great car and does offer more utility and creature comforts than the NSX.

I had originally planned to keep the M3, but it just is not getting the use that I thought it would and it is hard to justify the $$. On crappy days I drive the Legend. For fun, I drive the NSX.

I also lust after the E28 M5 (1988), so that will likely keep my BMW addiction in check if the M3 is sold.

Today I got to drive a 2007 Z06 and a C Z06.
There is a HUGE difference in power between these two cars. The C6 is a whole different animal.

Handling wise I felt more comfortable in the C5 and felt more in control.

As for the 2007 Z06, it is a race car that barely qualifies to be on the street. The power of this car can't be conveyed by words. I've driven Vipers but it was not like this.
I drove in competition mode with the traction control on.
In second gear at 40 mph I couldn't punch the pedal past 2/3 without the car losing grip and me losing nerve. The whole car would slide over to the left about a foot it has so much torque.

I have a CTSC car with short gears and 4.23 r&p but in comparison to a C7 Z06 it feels like a fly next to a nuclear bomb.

My cousin wants to put me in one but really it is too much car for me. You have got to be a good driver to control this car as it has so much power it will come around in a heartbeat. He moved the seat up a bit too close for me but warned "leave it there, cause' if you hit it hard you won't be able to reach the pedals". No joke, he was right.

I can see why someone would not want to keep it. For this car you better have some skills and keep it on the track when you use them because this is some lethal stuff. WOW.

Anything faster or more powerful than this just doesn't belong on the street. If you of use any of it's potential you are in felony land and if you don't have real skills, not just machismo, you will crash the car. It is serious. For the street it is like hitting a thumbtack with a sledgehammer. It's a handful and I'm not man enough.:biggrin:

Last edited:
Back