• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

This is truly the most disturbing thing I have ever heard

People, unfortunately, manage to justify just about any type of behavior in the name of God, be it Allah, Yahweh, Jesus etc.

I saw the video on the internet and it was horrible. I hope they get justice for this HORRIFIC act.:mad:

Its a sub-human act. As bad as whatever our people did to theirs in prison it involved very little (if any) actual physical harm and these guys respond this way to a guy there to rebuild their country? There are some bad, bad decades facing us fellas. I'm barely even Christian, but I see Crusades Round II in our future.

This is what is facing us and the truth is these same scum would do the same thing to anyone of your entire family w/o discrimination of age or gender. Go ahead and take all look at the English version of AlJazeera. These folks are the Nazi party II and the Ted Kennedys over here are playing politics w/naked prisoners and photos that are considered art by some. The media sucks for not telling the truth about whats really good is going on over there and focusing on BS, making comparisons of rape rooms and the horror of prisoner abuse. What a freaking joke after looking at this video, these leftist that produce and write some of the crap I've seen over the past month should have to view this same video every time they open their pie hole.

I've been pissed for weeks over some of the things going on here and now this.

Rot in hell you murdering Muslim extremists, Saddams sons await you!!!

So much chaos is bound to ensue. We have millions of great people in our country who happen to be of Arab descent. Many are Christians who fled religious persecution in their native countries. Events like these horrific scenes make rednecks (and many normal people for that matter) snap and want to kill anybody who may appear to be Muslim. This cycle of violence will likely escalate for decades. If domestic terror attacks ever become commonplace, the federal govt. may end up deporting all Muslims for their own safety. There are far too many enraged and heavily armed Americans with emotions festering to a boiling point.

Accomplice said:
We have millions of great people in our country who happen to be of Arab descent. Many are Christians who fled religious persecution in their native countries. Events like these horrific scenes make rednecks (and many normal people for that matter) snap and want to kill anybody who may appear to be Muslim.

Agreed, anyone that snaps and would harm a person "muslim" is not an American IMO and should be put in a box and sent packing. Prob. will happen and the idiots mouth pieces known as national news anchors will tell me how its my fault as a Imperalist right winger and if I would just leave them alone "terrorist" everything will be just fine.

I just watched the vid..

I don't care if the video is real or fake..

That is just sick..

I would have thought that mankind has evolved beyond pre historic torture and inhumane acts of terrorism...

Saw that too and it put me in a bad mood for most of the afternoon. A group of thugs, faces hidden behind masks, killing an unarmed and bound civilian. Wow, real bunch of tough guys...

Hey, I'm Muslim and I just have the following to say

By the teachings of Islam given by the prophet Mohammad himself, here are a few rules of war that all Muslims are obliged to follow or else:

1- no harm should come to any child, female, or old people unless they come to kill someone
2- in the midst of a war, if an opponent is not carrying a weapon and does not show any hostile content, then killing him would be a crime
3- If someone shows out right that he means no harm than no harm can be carried upon him even if it is well known that he is no friend (a Spy).

I can go on all day explaining how complex, well made and well architecture the Islamic religion is and how it always aims at idealism. Put in simple words, anything you can tell is good with half a brain is already claimed in the Islamic religion, it is that good

I wasn't born into the religion I follow right now, hell my own father and mother don't know my religion because I never told them. I followed this religion because I read about it and I loved it. It was completely synchronized with my idealist nature. And I also hated the religion at first because of what I saw from extremists. I didn't like it until I ignored their existence and read about the real Islam.

I was upset about the 911insident. What upset me the most is that they claimed that it was of Islamic justice and that god wanted it that way! And that is absolute bullhit, of all the text I read about Islam, all of it was against such acts of crime.

So my final word is: Osama bin laden is not Islam, Iraqi actions are not Islam, and 911 was not Islam. Islam is in a book; go read it, that is Islam if you want to judge it the right way, not the wrong way ( aka the media)

It's amazing that we're so hard pressed on answering why some rogue soldiers abused prisoners of war in their circumstances. But I can guarantee you this, not one of our men did something so disgusting as this. I didn't see the video, but I saw the picture of the parent that was mourning over his lost son and as touching as that was, I will probably never understand or feel the loss that they have.

I agree that are soldiers havent been 'executing' prisoners, or even torturing prisoners in the way that Saddam's government tortured their own citizens.

But the stupidity of torturing prisoners at all is beyond all belief. The outrage of Iraquis over prisoner torture/abuse leads to the escalation of similar or worse atrocities by an untold number. When people are shooting at each other and dying, it is a very small step into complete barbarism.

Every wartime leader from lieutenant to general knows this, and it is the organizing principle of our forces. MAINTAIN CONTROL of your troops is always the highest priority, even beyond winning the battle.

War is more complex than just killing the enemy.

How does putting a mask on some people and making them play naked twister compare to chopping off a bound man's head with a knife? Both bad but way, way, way different. The fact that Islam is a religion that has rules regarding things like warfare is telling. We need to reinstall Saddam and give him whatever tools he requires to ensure complete control of these animals. He was managing the area in the only way these folks will ever understand (w/ an iron fist).

Accomplice said:
How does putting a mask on some people and making them play naked twister compare to chopping off a bound man's head with a knife? Both bad but way, way, way different. The fact that Islam is a religion that has rules regarding things like warfare is telling. We need to reinstall Saddam and give him whatever tools he requires to ensure complete control of these animals. He was managing the area in the only way these folks will ever understand (w/ an iron fist).
It isn't the same, I don't think that is being argued. But, violence will cause more violence, and it will always escalate.

So, let me get this straight: You have some cowardly shitheads beheading an unarmed civilian, so, in your book, that means all Muslims are like that, and they should be subjected to more suppression? Nice logic.
So, I guess all Americans are torturing sadists, right? Same logic.

I haven't had the time or desire to watch the video yet, but for those that really feel the need to see what transpired, you can go to the MJmorning show's website to view it. www.mjinthemorning.com They claim that every person needs to see what actually happened, but my thinking is not quite in that camp yet. Just knowing it happened is enough for me right now.

I did hear an audio clip of the event and it gave me chills down my spine. The screaming made me sick, but it was when the screaming suddenly stopped that I really lost it.

It doesn't get any more cowardly than that. If you are going to do something so terrible and obviously very proud of your actions, at least have the balls to show you face and not hide behind a mask. Gutless wimps.

I don't care if the video is real or fake..

So, am I to infer from your comment that some of our "friends" north of the border are spinning this like it's been faked?

The only reason why I posted that comment was..I read that US officials are still in the process of determining the validity of the internet clip..

I'm saying if it is a fake or if it is real..Such an event is still sick as I posted previously and that torture and "be heading" is a crude primitive that is not needed nor welcome in our society today...I would have of thought that in our world with great advances compared to those day with public executions (pre 1400's) would not have to come to this type of terrorism,,

I can't bear to watch the clip being downloaded all over the net. But I think it's real because they found the body dumped by the road in Baghdad.

It makes me sick to my stomach just even thinking about it.

This is such a sad, sad world.

I'm furious and numb.

Here's a pic of the father when he found out about his son:
12a1behead1.jpg

I can't even begin to imagine the anguish he's going through. My heart goes out to his family.

Who even released the pics from the prison in the first place. Nice job US Media of continuing to promote the issue and making it a bigger deal than it needs to be.

Sometimes things can get so bad that no matter what happens nothing good will ever come out of it. There may still be some good parts left but the sum of the parts makes the whole thing bad. Kind of like a car that no longer runs but still has some good parts. The hassle of pulling out the good parts, which are worn and aged, is just not worth the time. Crush the car and make a new one.

IMO it is time to pull out the troops and drop the big one, start over from scratch, any other country that has a problem with it will get the same treatment.

We need to stop pussy footing around and show we are done putting up with any Bull Shit.

NeSX said:
Who even released the pics from the prison in the first place. Nice job US Media of continuing to promote the issue and making it a bigger deal than it needs to be.

I agree. Who could have been such an ignorant asshole to have taken them in the first place. The photographer should be sent to jail for treason.

NeSX said:
Hmmm, let's see, what would have happened if the damn media hadn't brought up this story: The government (who knew about these incidents many months ago) would have decided it was not in the best interests of national security (their favorite all-encompassing excuse), swept it under the table, never to be shown to anyone. If it happens again, just repeat the above procedure.

This way everyone would be happy (well, except for the people getting tortured, but, who cares, they're just a couple of lousy Arabs, right?).

How can anyone say that this is not a big deal? We are a civilized country that prides itself on protecting people's rights and freedoms, and screams the loudest when another country violates the Geneva Convention. How can we allow torture? How can we allow the government to hide it from Congress, and its citizens? Where is the accountability?

Blaming the media for this is like blaming Watergate on the reporters who uncovered it.

DISCLAIMER: Lest someone put words in my mouth: in NO WAY WHATSOEVER does anything the military has done justify the brutal execution of a human being.

The press knew about this stuff in January, as the military told everybody during a briefing that there had been abuse, and there were multiple investigations underway. This story is OLD. The only reason the networks seem to care now is there are photos to show over and over again.

This wasn't covered up, the military said it was going on long before the media suddenly started to care.

nkb said:

DISCLAIMER: Lest someone put words in my mouth: in NO WAY WHATSOEVER does anything the military has done justify the brutal execution of a human being.

Reguardless, they would have cut his head off anyways. The only thing that would have changed was the reason they gave for doing so.

Back