• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

this is worth watching. 1992 vs 2016

He had me lost at magneto suspension! These cars are getting cartoonishly crazy with all this software and rider's aids, it is really taking the fun and soul out these sports cars.

We are all going to have to pitch in to send Larry B to advanced electronic engineering school to figure out Gen 2. +1 on the new cars getting way too complex.

When parking a Gen 1 next to a Gen 2, I don't think there is any need to worry about the Gen 1 being ignored.

I am so on the fence. Do I want to go back to manually advancing the spark timing with steering wheel levers? No. Do I want to go back to controlling lock up or rely on ABS? Not sure. Do I want to rev match heel toe in braking zones? Yes. Do I want to pull on a paddle to upshift? I used to say hell, no, but I am no longer so sure, I spite of being a die-hard proponent of manual shifting. But progress is progress. I certainly don't want to ride in autonomous cars.

But where is the lie drawn? That's the question. I am conflicted. Analog loyalty, digital aspiration. Proud to be able to drive analog, welcome the technology. Totally contradictory.

If the first few start catching on fire I'll immediately buy one and park it near the part of my house that needs remodeling.....

Why wait? Just buy a Fisker Karma. (Oh, yeah, that ship has sailed.)

I am so on the fence. Do I want to go back to manually advancing the spark timing with steering wheel levers? No. Do I want to go back to controlling lock up or rely on ABS? Not sure. Do I want to rev match heel toe in braking zones? Yes. Do I want to pull on a paddle to upshift? I used to say hell, no, but I am no longer so sure, I spite of being a die-hard proponent of manual shifting. But progress is progress. I certainly don't want to ride in autonomous cars.

But where is the lie drawn? That's the question. I am conflicted. Analog loyalty, digital aspiration. Proud to be able to drive analog, welcome the technology. Totally contradictory.

I'm like you, a bit conflicted between the old school challenge of making good shifts in and out of corners with the feeling that comes with doing right and the freedom of paddle shifting in and out of corners and being able to just concentrate on driving the proper line. For me the potential downside of NSX 2.0 is the lack of engine sound in the cabin. Last year, when the new NSX was in Texas on it's real world road test tour, I got to hear it take off under hard acceleration and though it sounded nice it was too quiet. I've driven a duel clutch Ferrari and the sound of that engine quickly shifting in and out of corners was intoxicating. My fear is that NSX 2.0 won't give me that same satisfaction because the engineers forgot that the engine's sound is a big part of the sports car experience. I guess the best situation would be to own my analog NSX and a duel clutch Ferrari to have the choice available on any given day.

I'm like you, a bit conflicted between the old school challenge of making good shifts in and out of corners with the feeling that comes with doing right and the freedom of paddle shifting in and out of corners and being able to just concentrate on driving the proper line. For me the potential downside of NSX 2.0 is the lack of engine sound in the cabin. Last year, when the new NSX was in Texas on it's real world road test tour, I got to hear it take off under hard acceleration and though it sounded nice it was too quiet. I've driven a duel clutch Ferrari and the sound of that engine quickly shifting in and out of corners was intoxicating. My fear is that NSX 2.0 won't give me that same satisfaction because the engineers forgot that the engine's sound is a big part of the sports car experience. I guess the best situation would be to own my analog NSX and a duel clutch Ferrari to have the choice available on any given day.

Yeah, knocking off heel-toe downshifts is fun and gratifying, innit?

Please, no more engine sounds piped in through the stereo speakers! Glad Honda decided not to do that, at least. Re: NSX 2.0 not sounding all that great, I suppose that's an effect of turbos. (Even F1 has this problem!)

Where are the bubbles (or Cheech & Chong) that are obviously being created somewhere offscreen at the 3:48-3:50 mark?

Best video report I have seen on the new car, but the guy seems to be missing the point, as do so many people.......just like NSX gen 1.

He wants " what Honda does so well, simple and fun"

What like =
winning F1 when all your building is motorbikes
Making engines with oval pistons
Dominating F1 and GP bikes for years
Creating millions of high tech motors and systems that seem to run forever
Designing and building a Jet aircraft and certification of Engines and Airframe at the same time
Making one of the most advanced robots on the planet
The list is endless

Then he says "who wants to drive a supercar everday?"

ME!

Need I remind you of how pathetic the 1st gen OEM exhaust was? That's why there's an aftermarket

No you don't. I like my Angus exhaust with my twin turbos. It's a bit quieter than it was before the turbos though, not near as quiet as the new NSX. I'm sure Angus, Pride, SOS and all of the other aftermarket boys are chomping at the bit to see the NSX 2.0 configuration. I also remember at the 2013 NSXPO, Ted Klaus said something about the aftermarket having plenty to work with as they are a part of what's kept the original NSX viable over the years..... or something to that affect. My criticisms of NSX 2.0 are of minor and easy to fix things. The car from what I've seen and heard is the real deal and Ted and team have much to be proud of. I'll be interested to see if NSX 2.0 will be talked about and compared as much as our current cars in 25 years.

I'll be interested to see if NSX 2.0 will be talked about and compared as much as our current cars in 25 years.

Hope we are around to find out, we will be the noisy old guys at NSXPO 2041.......

Back