• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Thoughts on going 15/16, stock or JR11

I am now running stock 16 / 17 with 15 / 30 spacers and AD08. Really like the ride with small wheels and good tires. Far enough grip for the street rides and lively feel.

As I have a set of stock 15 / 16, I was planning to try them next summer. With spacers too (20 / 40 perhaps). But I have also seen that Japan Racing makes JR-11 that could be compatible (front would just need to increase center bore to 70.1).

maxresdefault.jpg

15x7 ET30
16x8 ET25

Should I give them a try ?

I think they look good but if you already have stocks with spacers why waste the $ on another 15/16 setup? Do you have a 17/18 setup?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am now running stock 16 / 17 with 15 / 30 spacers and AD08. Really like the ride with small wheels and good tires. Far enough grip for the street rides and lively feel.

As I have a set of stock 15 / 16, I was planning to try them next summer. With spacers too (20 / 40 perhaps). But I have also seen that Japan Racing makes JR-11 that could be compatible (front would just need to increase center bore to 70.1).

15x7 ET30
16x8 ET25

Should I give them a try ?

If you've got the mindset that I think you do, you should definitely try out a set of OEM 15/16 with some AD08 Rs. And if you're okay with spacers, with the OEM 15/16 try out 25/50 depending on how low you are, the look will be just right. (I recommend the H&R TRAK+ Wheel Spacers DRM Series, where the spacer bolts to the hub and then the wheel is bolted to the spacer. Or any type like that, where there is no need to change out the OEM wheel studs.)

Or if possible, find a set of 15/16s that are even lighter than the OEM wheels, and you'll really enjoy the small wheel/good tire combo. Personally, I found a set of the Enkei 15/16 NA1 Type R wheels.

The JR-11 does look good though. I can't speak much to how well the offset will work, though. I need to learn that math, lol.

Last edited:
I am just waiting for center caps as I do not like the huge stock covers. Sterring feel is now very light, even compared with the relatively small stock 16/17. Not very confident at the begining but I think I just have to get used to.

HZs6SHDh.jpg

nQkOYo0h.jpg

5jmVWKnh.jpg

I still prefer the stock 16/17 in terme of look but I give the big five a chance for the next summer.

ycV35gSh.jpg

I am just waiting for center caps as I do not like the huge stock covers. Sterring feel is now very light, even compared with the relatively small stock 16/17. Not very confident at the begining but I think I just have to get used to.

HZs6SHDh.jpg

nQkOYo0h.jpg

5jmVWKnh.jpg

I still prefer the stock 16/17 in terme of look but I give the big five a chance for the next summer.

ycV35gSh.jpg
I really like the rear quarter panels (valence?) on your car...never seen them before. What are they?

looks interesting with the 15/16. Are those spacers hub centric and bolt on to the oem studs? where do you get them and how much?

Any vibration with those thick spacers?

looks interesting with the 15/16. Are those spacers hub centric and bolt on to the oem studs? where do you get them and how much?

Any vibration with those thick spacers?

Ichiba. Don't go with the cheapest. Never had problems with spacer thought I don't really like the fact that it is not "state of the art" engineering. But no choice if you want to get flushed stock wheels.

No vibration and yes hucentric bolting on the studs. Just check that your wheels have recessed surface for the oem studs that stick out of the spacers of less than 25 mm.

Back