• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Thoughts on NASA in touch with Aliens for years?

Anyone who knows how many planets exist, and understands statistics knows other life forms exist. The odds they don't are ridiculously small.

I used to beleive in this stuff, but not so much anymore. I am just not sure anymore. But I do beleive there life out there, just that they haven't been here........ yet.:biggrin:

But I do beleive there life out there, just that they haven't been here........ yet.:biggrin:

That's rather my opinion as well -- given the untold billions upon billions of planets out there, the likelihood that we are alone is remote. But at the same time, I have not yet seen any compelling evidence that we have been visited, or that there is some kind of government coverup.

Astronomers are working on techniques to find evidence of life on extrasolar planets based on spectrums and other things. There are also a number of candidates here in our own solar system: Mars, obviously; Europa, Titan perhaps, and maybe a few others. If an independent form of life, no matter how primitive, were discovered right here in our own solar system, that would basically tell us that life is commonplace, and even inevitable, on systems that can support it. To me, this is a much more exciting story than strange rumors and conspiracy theories.

Simple equation.....older white haired guy with long poney tail + many shrooms+Lsd+purple microdot= many aliens:biggrin:

You'd love the 2hr special on History called Ancient Aliens. Dunno if it can be viewed online, but it's worth a purchase if this stuff interests you.

http://www.history.com/shows.do?action=detail&episodeId=416574

BTW, I personally think this theory meshes *perfectly* with the major religions, if taken from the following perspective:

*God/Allah/etc created the universe, life and consciousness (but not just on one planet out of billions)

*Civilizations elsewhere in the universe understand this

*Civilizations elsewhere also understand that intelligent life will eventually destroy itself (contrary to God's intention)

*When new unadvanced life is "found" (say, around the Nile 5000 years ago), these Ancient Aliens provide knowledge of math, astronomy, written language AND a warning of how people should live. Be moral, value life, etc. (the Ten Commandments).

*These moral teachings are *so* important that they are recorded, with the help of the Ancient Aliens, into the books that form our religions. Without knowledge of space and high technology, early man couldn't possibly describe Ancient Aliens as people from outer space. So, they're messengers from God with indescribable power.

*Ancient Aliens know that, to keep man from eventually destroying itself, they must also send a message that can withstand time (better than books to be interpreted by future man). They design and help build the Egyptian and Mayan pyramids. What message do those timeless, indestructible structures send? That there are greater powers than man himself. That we don't/can't know everything based purely on our knowledge, scientific reason, etc. Finally, beware of man's own abilities, as they can result in its own destruction.

Re: Pyramids -- I majored in Communication in college, and one of the most interesting topics was on how to send messages across long periods of time (1000s of years). It's a very difficult task - languages change, people/civilizations die off, etc. The course asked the question: How would you warn people 5000 years from now to avoid a deeply buried nuclear waste disposal site. The takeaway was that you would have to do so symbolically, and in a very very big way that can withstand people, the elements, etc. The pyramids do just that. However, through reason/science we've convinced ourselves that pharaohs were egomaniacs -unlike any seen in history since- and that with millions of slaves, chisels, and a 2 mile long ramp, they designed and built the structures all by themselves). If Ancient Aliens do/did exist, they're scratching their heads at these stupid humans today for "totally missing the point."

Check out this book on how to communicate across thousands of years...

http://www.amazon.com/Deep-Time-Humanity-Communicates-Millennia/dp/0380793466

BTW, the other way to send messages across time is through deep, meaningful stories (hopefully written). So called "memes" (concepts -- passed on through story) can be more durable than other forms of communication.

Last edited:
However, through reason/science we've convinced ourselves that pharaohs were egomaniacs -unlike any seen in history since- and that with millions of slaves, chisels, and a 2 mile long ramp, they designed and built the structures all by themselves).

I think it really sells the Egyptians short to suggest that there's no way that they could have built the pyramids "all by themselves". The pyramids are amazing structures, but the construction of them was well within the technology of the era. The "slaves" bit is a myth, too.

Damn that "reason" and "science"! Always getting in the way of a good fantasy!

I think it really sells the Egyptians short to suggest that there's no way that they could have built the pyramids "all by themselves". The pyramids are amazing structures, but the construction of them was well within the technology of the era. The "slaves" bit is a myth, too.

Damn that "reason" and "science"! Always getting in the way of a good fantasy!

Well, I'm pretty sure we're both intelligent and informed, and I'm also pretty sure neither of us will be changing our opinion.

But -- no, I don't believe that megalomaniac pharaohs built mathematically perfect pyramids (taller than any structure until 1300 and the 1900s AD) for the sole purpose of stroking their own egos. That's your myth. :wink:

But -- no, I don't believe that megalomaniac pharaohs built mathematically perfect pyramids (taller than any structure until 1300 and the 1900s AD) for the sole purpose of stroking their own egos. That's your myth. :wink:

Note: the words in bold above are your misinterpretations of my "myth", and are not my words nor my conclusions based on the study of the history.

Note: the words in bold above are your misinterpretations of my "myth", and are not my words nor my conclusions based on the study of the history.

I can't see in "bold." I can't observe it. Nobody that I know can see or observe bold either. Furthermore, on this flat earth I live on and won't fall off of, this bold you speak of just seems very far fetched and unreasonable.

Therefore, I have scientifically proven through observation and reason that your so-called bold does not exist. I wish everyone was a wise as me.

Do you wish to continue this futile discussion, or will your intelligence and reason get the better of you such that you realize it's an argument that can't be won. Unfortunately, if you choose that path you'll have to acknowledge a level of wisdom in your opponent -me- since I wrote it first. :tongue:

I can't see in "bold." I can't observe it. Nobody that I know can see or observe bold either. Furthermore, on this flat earth I live on and won't fall off of, this bold you speak of just seems very far fetched and unreasonable.

Therefore, I have scientifically proven through observation and reason that your so-called bold does not exist. I wish everyone was a wise as me.

I'm not really sure where you're going with this, but so be it.

Fine, you can't see "bold". But if I were to poll the forum, and the forum voted 95% for the existence of "bold", would you concede that your disbelief of "bold" might be in error?

Evidence, man! Where's your evidence? Pyramids are big, ergo aliens built them. Poppycock! People build big stuff all the time. The Great Wall of China is much bigger than the Pyramids, yet rarely is its construction attributed to aliens. What is it about Egyptians that inspires such claims? Just because the exact construction methods are lost to antiquity does not automatically mean that humans did not construct them. Given time, number, and motivation; humanity is capable of amazing achievements -- and the Egyptians had all three.

Umm, not the wisest I see...

1. I never ever said that humans did not build the pyramids.
2. You're using the lack of proof (that Aliens or God exists) as proof that they do not.

You have a scientific mind, so I'd suggest reading The Black Swan if you haven't yet. Then, go back to what I wrote about Bold and see if a clearer connection presents itself.

No more...k :smile:

forget velcro, what about silly putty?

My Mighty Putty boldly kicks the ass of your Silly Putty. :biggrin:

2532132812_c07b8010e4_o.png

Back