• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Thoughts on new SLK

I like the new styling. It's more aggressive and less boxy.

1296.jpg

Acura NsX Pilot said:
I think that car would be twice as sexy with you driving it Kady ...go for it !

hmmm, what about me Bailey? :D

LadieK', it's def' a looker. a 'baby SLR' even from afar. i'd like to see it in person most def'. a major draw to the previous SLK was it's power-hardtop & interior ergonomics. hope those are still upto par... i anticipate the AMG SLK will be interesting!
:)

Looks pretty cool....a baby SLR :D I def. wanna test drive it when it hits the showrooms

-Awais

Acura NsX Pilot said:
I think that car would be twice as sexy with you driving it Kady ...go for it !

Haha...I wish, Bailey! But it's a little out of my price range. :p Maybe you can afford it! The Benz dealer we went to is already taking deposits for the SLK.

Osiris_x11 said:
hmmm, what about me Bailey? :D

LadieK', it's def' a looker. a 'baby SLR' even from afar. i'd like to see it in person most def'. a major draw to the previous SLK was it's power-hardtop & interior ergonomics. hope those are still upto par... i anticipate the AMG SLK will be interesting!
:)

I saw the new SLR in person just a few hours ago. The sticker says $450,000, but it's marked up over a million! :eek:

I love the look of the new SLK, and I'd even consider buying a 6-speed AMG if it were made available. I'm pretty sure you can get the 350 in europe with a 6-speed, and maybe the 500, from what I've read. However, Mercedes understands sports cars like Hyundai understands luxury cars. They just don't understand that there is a group of people that will not buy an automatic "sports car". Mercedes sells a ton of cars, but they really don't go for it when it comes to making a sports car. Even the SLR comes with a slushbox. McClaren must have been horrified when Mercedes said, "alright, we're going to build an all carbon supercar, where do we put the automatic?"

My Dad just got a call on an SLR yesterday from the dealer. He and I were both laughing. Ya, we've got some nice cars, but that one is insanely expensive.

MsKadyB said:
Haha...I wish, Bailey! But it's a little out of my price range. :p Maybe you can afford it! The Benz dealer we went to is already taking deposits for the SLK.

What if someone trades in the Porsche and puts down a deposit for you.... :rolleyes: ................... :D

Back