• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Thread will not let me update main post.

no fix....i've tryed to edit my threads with the OEM part numbers and photos...and asked the same.. the answer is that after a certain period of time, the edit function becomes unavailable for the author of the post...:redface:
don't see a single reason for this to happen...and the opposite function would be of far greater utility...just my thought

no fix....i've tryed to edit my threads with the OEM part numbers and photos...and asked the same.. the answer is that after a certain period of time, the edit function becomes unavailable for the author of the post...:redface:
don't see a single reason for this to happen...and the opposite function would be of far greater utility...just my thought

Yeah, that makes no sense to me whatsoever, especially for threads that evolve over time and have the first post be the most readily available, and easiest for people to see. I agree that having the edit function remain active would be of far greater utility.

Lud, what keeps me from updating the wiki is that the posting isn't as userfriendly as normal post in the forum...it's a lot more difficult to get the look and shape i'm after....

Lud, what keeps me from updating the wiki is that the posting isn't as userfriendly as normal post in the forum...it's a lot more difficult to get the look and shape i'm after....

Are there specific things or formatting functions you find non-user-friendly, or just in general? There are some customizations I can do to include more user-friendly editors, but they all have drawbacks... For example wikEd doesn't work with Internet Explorer. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Cacycle/wikEd

Lud, it's just in general... i don't know if it is the wiki that is difficult/hard or the normal forum post it's easy... what i know is that with the normal forum post functions i build a post the way i want...it's easy, intuitive. The wiki is too "techy"... at least the way it works for article editing.. for view and search for info, it's fine!

Well I'd ask that people spend a few minutes learning the basics of the wiki software so they can contribute. Even if they may not find it as simple as the forum, it is not overly complex for basic creation / editing of content. People for years complained that the FAQ was outdated. I have put the best possible tool in place to replace it and let everyone update the content. Meet me half way.

Lud,

don't get me the wrong way... i'm not criticize you in any way on this matter... i know it's a problem that i have with the wiki.

about the learning of the wiki system... i've read a lot about the editing and creation...and, in my opinion, the wiki system was created with text articles in mind... and for that function is awesome...but if i want to create an article with a index, photos, thumbnails and all (despite the tools there is for it), as my parts thread that i created, it's extremelly hard to get the look i want..and that i achieved on my forum thread...

again... i'm aware that this is probably more (if not entirely) a limitation that i have than a problem of the system...

i even consider doing a personal webpage with the stuff i created on the thread and a follow up of my NSX upgrades, and let people know about it in my signature.

Nuno

Well I'd ask that people spend a few minutes learning the basics of the wiki software so they can contribute. Even if they may not find it as simple as the forum, it is not overly complex for basic creation / editing of content. People for years complained that the FAQ was outdated. I have put the best possible tool in place to replace it and let everyone update the content. Meet me half way.

Back