• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Time Attack CTSC NSX

Nice updates!

More pics of Civic please?

Freshly build "stock" D16 engine on Weber carbs and a group A exhaust system. We estimate it's running around 150hp? Its running a early model ITR suspension (so not with te lower control arms) setup with KW coilovers and camberplates ITR brakes etc. Its stil the original cup car setup!

Car will come with all the racing history and (homologation) paperwork.
This car comes with a "renpass" so you can drive FIA events/races/hillclimbs!

Extra rims and spare Mugen prepped cilinderhead and camshafts included.

1511894_510904919028205_207323577_o.jpg

1655577_510904985694865_110876640_o.jpg

1548002_510904995694864_1707188155_o.jpg

1504308_510905142361516_1786384670_o.jpg

Hi Dimer,
Radiator looks great!
Don't forget the ducting otherwise it won't work...

Some more updates:

We adjusted my seat for the most optimal position, so we had to fabricate a custom steering column and make it a bit longer. The problem now is that we cannot see the original speedo and rpm meter anymore and the dashboard doesn't fit anymore. So we had to improvise :)

foto2_zpse6d23b13.jpg

foto1_zpsddf6da12.jpg

Through R-Developments (Bas on NSXPrime) I got an AiM MXL to replace the OEM cluster:

foto1_zpsce8058a8.jpg

And I started making the first mockups of the new dashboard with cartboard. The final one will be made of aluminium and be flocked black.

foto3_zpsed207422.jpg

This is how the car sits now:

foto2_zpsddd136dc.jpg

This is not the final shape of the splitter, we made it extra big so we had room to cut it in shape.

The front bay:

foto1_zps8d5ce36c.jpg

foto2_zpse37b52a9.jpg

foto4_zpsaab8d73d.jpg

foto3_zps563b9848.jpg

Looking great. I sure hope you will be ready for the trip in May...

I notice that you have installed some reinforcements bars to the lower battery tray.
Since that is merely a relatively think piece of aluminum, did you somehow reinforce that as well??

I don't have the OEM battery tray anymore ;) It has been replaced for a completely custom frame. It supports the front splitter and it is strong enough to lift the car on it :)

nice....starting to look like a certain racy nsx from England:wink:

Dimer, do you have any pics you can show of how the dash and interior came out? I'm curious to see how you mounted the Aim cluster.

Dimer, do you have any pics you can show of how the dash and interior came out? I'm curious to see how you mounted the Aim cluster.

I'll shoot some pics next week of the interior. It is not finished yet, but it shows you what we've done.

Last weekend we were at the TT Circuit Assen and of course I had to take some pictures :)

Honda NSX Time Attack Racecar by dimervansanten, on Flickr

God that looks great! I lived and worked in Assen for a couple of years back in the late 80s. I wonder how much it has changed since then. The bike TT race was a big night out. Or rather a big week out....happy memories!

Back