• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

time to do my brakes -- need advise

hey guys,

it's time to change my pads and rotors... :biggrin:

i'm considering doing a big brake upgrade, comptech or stoptech, etc..

anyone have any suggestions... do everything or just the fronts?

anyone know a place in toronto that i can get some stuff...

thanks a lot,
Nathan

What will you use the brakes for? Street only? HPDE's?

I just upgraded my fronts to Stoptech Aerorotors and Cobalt Friction GT Sport pads all around, and am very pleased with their performance on and off the track.

i will be using it on the street and the track on some occasions... but i would prefer something a lot more aggressive than stock... :smile:

In keeping with OEM rotor sizes to allow you use the stock calipers, the slotted Aerorotors are about the best performance you can get AFAIK, however they are not that cheap.

The Cobalt Friction GT Sport pads are highly regarded by some very knowledgeable people here who know their way around a track, and say it is an excellent balance between track performance and being a streetable pad (ie no noise, noncorrosive dust). I've only got maybe 500km on mine and found they have good initial bite and are nicely consistent. Lots more dust than stock pads. If you're alright with squealing pads, the Carbotech Panther Plus pads are supposed to be excellent for track use.

I got the above through Tunerworks here in Calgary. Can't really help you with local shops in TO that carry them though. Presume you already know that if you are serious about tracking, you can improve cooling by ditching the splash guards and installing a bigger set of air deflectors or ducting.

Good luck, let me know what you end up going with.

has anyone here done the big brake brembo upgrade from Woodbine Acura???
any comments on the kit in general... because this will be my most likely route...
thanks

I have the Comptech BBK.

Expensive but worth it! It does to your cars braking what their supercharger does to the power! :wink:

Nathan:
Call KVR Performance in Ottawa. They know alot about brake systems especially the NSX. 613-746-0279 ask for Terry.

red_dragon said:
hey guys,

it's time to change my pads and rotors... :biggrin:

i'm considering doing a big brake upgrade, comptech or stoptech, etc..

anyone have any suggestions... do everything or just the fronts?

anyone know a place in toronto that i can get some stuff...

thanks a lot,
Nathan

Back