• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Tint

Can anyone recommend a good place to get tint done? Preferably in or near the SW suburbs, but I'm willing to travel to get the job done right.

I've never actually had tinting done before, so I don't know if there's much difference in the quality of the tint/installation? My car had dark tint on the windows and hatch when I bought it, which looks great with the black roof. Unfortunately, the driver's side tint is starting to peel. It'd be nice if I could get just the one window re-done to match the rest.

Can anyone recommend a good place to get tint done? Preferably in or near the SW suburbs, but I'm willing to travel to get the job done right.

I've never actually had tinting done before, so I don't know if there's much difference in the quality of the tint/installation? My car had dark tint on the windows and hatch when I bought it, which looks great with the black roof. Unfortunately, the driver's side tint is starting to peel. It'd be nice if I could get just the one window re-done to match the rest.

Contact Jeff from Percesion Window tinting @ 708-906-0290 Work is great and he stands behind it as well!
Greg

Be advised, so far, in my experience, DesPlaines and Schaumburg stop for front tints.

DesPlaines cop was cool though and just gave me a warning. Schaumburg, you have to go in court and they are more strict.

just an FYI, a new law just got passed that the new fine for FRONT tinted windows is now $250

Are you taking about a little strip across the top that goes down past the a-line or if you tint the whole front windshield?

No, where talking about front (SIDE Windows) not the windshield.

just an FYI, a new law just got passed that the new fine for FRONT tinted windows is now $250

Are you taking about a little strip across the top that goes down past the a-line or if you tint the whole front windshield?

Back