• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Tire Rack?

Has anyone ordered and received tires from TireRack.com? Were you satisfied with quality and price? How were they shipped?... individually?... wrapped/boxed? Anyone ever have to return merchandise?

The prices seem pretty good, but I have never ordered something like this over the WEB. Thanks in advance for any advice.

------------------
'00 Candy Apple Blue / Black

I have probably bought close to 100 tires from Tire Rack over the past 15 years. Only once did have a delivery problem, but that was the crap brown (UPS) truck's fault.

This is just a response to your original question as I see that Enrique has given you another option.

I too have used them for many years, as have many friends. If you know what you want, they are great. If you need tire selection and fitment advice, they can be very good or not depending on who you get. They typically ship tires strapped together in pairs because that's the best fit with UPS rates by size & weight. Also consider Discount Tire Direct which is comparable in most ways and may have better prices for club members. The only real concern is finding a local shop who will mount & balance tires they did not sell. If you don't have a friend at a place that can do it for you, Tire Rack has agreements with shops in most major cities so you can have them shipped directly to the shop. Expect to pay $20-30 per tire for mount & balance, and watch them to make sure they do it correctly.

i've bought 2 sets of tires for my nsx from them and think they're great... good prices, service as promised.

I have used Tire Rack and Discount Tire exclusively for many years and dozens of tires. I have never had a problem with either one.

One tip: Do not rely on their website inventory to be completely accurate. In the past I have called and they did indeed have tires in stock that were shown as out of stock on the website.

Back