• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

tire rec...

need to replace the rear tires on 1993 with 2004 stock rims ...I know they don't make the oem tires anymore can anyone suggest a similar type of tire that offers same type of ride ....still have the orig oem on front...thanks for time

It appears he has a 1993, but with 2004 OEM rims.

Also his OEM fronts on 17 inch 2004 rims are still good. Turn the steering wheel full while parked so you can check the inside tire wear. 91-93 factory wears out the inside fronts in less than 20k miles. If you can't find a close match for the rear to your fronts you should think about buying 4 new tires. I've run mixed tires on other cars but they are at least the same brand. Wouldn't mix tires on my NSX. Call Gadgetman.

Bridgestone Potenza RE-11A

I run Bridgestone Potenza RE-11A's on my '91 NSX daily driver. I think you can get them to fit for your rims as well. They're super-sticky on both dry and wet pavement and wear better than expected.

Couldn't resist

Besides, there is a separate forum for this discussion : wheels & tires. Might get more exposure there - just saying.

Last edited:
^^^^Yokohama S drives suck ass too. Couldn't resist..... Had them on my bimmer. What a crappy tire.
I'd go with the Bridgestone.

^^^^Yokohama S drives suck ass too. Couldn't resist..... Had them on my bimmer. What a crappy tire.
I'd go with the Bridgestone.

I stand corrected. Apparently the Yokohama S-Drive is a piece of shit. My bad.

I stand corrected. Apparently the Yokohama S-Drive is a piece of shit. My bad.
Sorry [MENTION=25015]brettowen[/MENTION], that was not necessarily directed at you. Different tires work better or less better in different regions. I guess I should have mentioned my region and its perks. My bad, everyone here has a right to opinion here. My s drives lasted less than 1 year.....

For example:
http://www.caranddriver.com/comparisons/yokohama-sdrive-page-6
The Yoko's usually get good reviews because they are inexpensive. What they do though is provide terrible grip, wear, and road noise. But good for the price I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

The second response is from a Nsx owner who like the s drive. All subjective really.

BF Goodrich Sport Comp 2's. Can't recommend them enough. Sticky summer tire, and I just got 20k miles out of mine ON THE REARS! Need to check the fronts again, but I believe they're at 6 or 7 32's.

Even though the S-Drive isn't good enough for the track day monster or canyon enthusiast I'd still recommend them for an all around weekend driver. They are value priced compared to others, last a bit longer, and do well in the rain.

Back