• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Tired of snow already!

When is the sun gonna melt this stuff? I went home to California for the holidays and come back here to find more white . . . ice. I don't remember when Tulsa had it this bad. And I can't believe I just asked for more sun!

Maybe Gran Turismo can alieve my NSX blues.

Shawn

HI Shawn I drove the NSX for the first time in three weeks yesterday. Whatch out for the pot holes they seem to be everywhere. Mick

Hey Mick. Yeah, I drove for the first time since Dec. 20 but . . . ended up with a loud clicking sound from the engine compartment. For the 15 minutes of drive-time before the click developed, I was grinning from ear to ear.

Shawn

My mechanic said it was a loose rocker arm. In addition to tightening that puppy up, he'll also be replacing various gaskets, plugs, and adjusting the valves. Of course, Acura of Tulsa didn't stock the parts needed
wink.gif
, so it should be ready tomorrow.

BTW, are you a new owner? I saw a red NSX the other day w/ a paper tag. If you haven't found a good mechanic locally, I can refer you to mine. Cheers.

Shawn

I've had my 91 for about ten months. So far
I have done all repairs my self. Brake pads, oil pressure transducer, brake flush ect. But I would like to know who you use.
How about a nsx breakfast some sat?

Cooper Imports had a 91 for sale which appears to have been sold. (They aren't advertising it anymore) It was the same car that Mick bid on last spring at auction.
Let me know if you guys want to get together for breakfast some Saturday. Also I am going to try and get everyone in the area together later this month. Sheldon offered his office / place of business as a possible site. He has some games and a really nice projection set up to review in-car videos from Hallett.

Mick, I have some pictures for you. I played around with one of those photo machines and cropped it and blew it up to 8x10. It's a little fuzzy but it proves you were on the race track!

This must be Mr. Thornley.
wink.gif

A breakfast sounds great! I use the same mechanic as Sheldon (I've never met him though) - 4 Star Acura/Honda. They work exclusively on Acuras or Hondas. The NSX guy there is Frank and he's been awesome to work with. The other guys there, Earl and Ken, have treated my wife and I very well. I don't go anywhere else and I tell all my friends to buy a Honda product so they can have an honest and knowledgeable mechanic.

I saw the '91 at Cooper but haven't seen it recently either. From what I understand it needed a clutch - I think Norm posted that before.

I look forward to getting together sometime soon. And when is the next event at Hallett?

Shawn

Back