• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Titan LED tail lights

Status
Not open for further replies.
The nsx is supposed to be a timeless design, this style is just a current design fad and does not match the nsx at all imo. i had some harsher things to say but i decided to just leave it out. i'm sure many other share my viewpoint but are keeping silent instead as not to ridicule.

I know I'm certainly not going to tell you what to do or put on your NSX...... To each is own. Aftermarket parts designers woudln't be anywhere if everyone thought a factory automobile was as perfect and ideal as it gets. Thats the point in creating choices.

The nsx is supposed to be a timeless design, this style is just a current design fad and does not match the nsx at all imo. i had some harsher things to say but i decided to just leave it out. i'm sure many other share my viewpoint but are keeping silent instead as not to ridicule.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/IJ_R-G_i4Xk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Looks are subjective, either way I'm happy that we still have people here offering unique parts for our cars. Variety is the spice of life. Great job for offering these Alec-fields! Hopefully you have more unique products in the works

Everyone has likes and dislikes. I picked up this mod because I like the fit and function. The tail lights are one of my favorite mods on my NSX.

Alec, thanks for offering up an alternative to OEM.

I've been thinking about making a few sets of simple "bar" style sets with one running bar on top and bottom and the turns being sequential/break turns. These wouldn't have the LED's all the way up behind the reflector, but would be quicker to make. The price would be $800 which is a $200 drop from the custom tails because they are simpler. I would still use the same diffusion technique as the other tails I have built. I just wanted to put out the feelers and see if it would be worth my time to start a few sets just after XPO.

LED tail lights

I've been thinking about making a few sets of simple "bar" style sets with one running bar on top and bottom and the turns being sequential/break turns. These wouldn't have the LED's all the way up behind the reflector, but would be quicker to make. The price would be $800 which is a $200 drop from the custom tails because they are simpler. I would still use the same diffusion technique as the other tails I have built. I just wanted to put out the feelers and see if it would be worth my time to start a few sets just after XPO.
I would like to see your ideas. From what I have seen I would like to see your take on the "bar" style tail lights, and the price sounds reasonable. Would these lights be a DIY plug and play or are you doing the install on my lights? Thanks for your effort.

That price would be installed. I would like to do a DIY kit, however because the back black section of the tail housing needs to be trimmed a little it would be pretty hard to explain or detail for the typical person to do it. If you have some know how with wiring and basic tools it could be done. I'll post up a photo tonight of what I was thinking.

- - - Updated - - -

image.jpg
Something like this with either vertical lines on the turn signals or angled lines.

-Alec

It's the time of year for winter upgrades! Wouldn't some new LED lights be a perfect Christmas gift for your NSX!

-Alec

Alec,

How much would you charge to do a set like this? I'd be interested in the bar style with led center and turn signals.

nsxwarehouse1.jpg
nsx3.jpg

mclaren-p1-tail-lights.jpg

Yes those are gorgeous! If anyone wanted a set with that wave pattern similar to those I would make it in a heartbeat! I like the designs on the ALMS prototype 1,2,3 class cars also. Just LED strips fit right into body lines. If I had a wrecked NSX or some other car I would do some funky integrated design like that but I won't on mine because it would require too much permanent radical modification to more then just the tail light areas.

-Alec

View attachment 108904

Attachments

• 10093105235_92f7e60bde_o.jpg
    10093105235_92f7e60bde_o.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 604
Last edited:
PM sent!

Yes it is ridiculously delicious! Some of these new concepts and newer cars are looking more and more like prototype race cars and they essentially are race cars. All these make me long for the day I can afford to just build and fabricate a car at my shop and have it look like anything I choose.

-Alec

Love the idea. Ive been tracking this thread since before you were a vendor on another thread. :) I'd like one like the NSX-R also WITHOUT the turn signals and a quote with and without the center

My only issue is giving up my tails to get it done. Need to buy an extra set

The other issue is that the tail lights of that car match the body lines. Unless you have a curvy wide body Veilside kit..... probably won't look good

Looks sooo Tasty!!!:biggrin::tongue:

U mean..... nasty

- - - Updated - - -

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/pYMkTznrJb4?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

For $4million car the rear doesn't look as sexy as a P1.

- - - Updated - - -

Just curious, how much reflective material does one need to keep the tail lights DOT legal?

- - - Updated - - -

Are your LEDs the high quality ones designed for automotive use (temp extremes and road shock/vibration)?

When I did my front LEDs the original LEDs had to be replaced often since they kept on failing from the road shock/vibration. Finally when I suggested the more expensive ones from Philips/Osram they stopped failing.

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/G-MYiiv0jv4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/cfu2rsCPMGc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

U mean..... nasty

- - - Updated - - -

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/pYMkTznrJb4?feature=player_embedded" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="360" width="640"></iframe>

For $4million car the rear doesn't look as sexy as a P1.

- - - Updated - - -

Just curious, how much reflective material does one need to keep the tail lights DOT legal?

- - - Updated - - -

Are your LEDs the high quality ones designed for automotive use (temp extremes and road shock/vibration)?

When I did my front LEDs the original LEDs had to be replaced often since they kept on failing from the road shock/vibration. Finally when I suggested the more expensive ones from Philips/Osram they stopped failing.

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/G-MYiiv0jv4" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="390" width="640"></iframe>

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/cfu2rsCPMGc" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="390" width="640"></iframe>

The P1 looks much better!!

I have no idea how much actual reflective material is required by the DOT, but I have been part of modifications where we eliminated or created parts without it...... That is why we have to carry the "OFF ROAD AND TRACK USE ONLY" disclaimer. I have honestly never heard of that being an issue for anyone though.

The LED's I use are not specifically designed for automotive use only however they are shock resistant. The weakest points as far as my kits go are the solder points which I have only had fail once but it was more of an over worked broken solid wire issue then the solder point breaking.

I've had various kits on my car for about 18 months now with no issues and I've had similar kits on everything from dirt bikes and 4 wheelers to dune buggies. No issues with too much shock...

95gsrturbo I agree about the body lines. That is very important when fabricating parts! The lines on the tails I have on my car right now follow the lateral curves of the spoiler edge, the flat lines of the 3rd brake light and top of the trunk lid, and the diagonal lines of the rear valence below the rear bumper. There aren't many body lines on the rear end to work with so I tried my best to integrate the obvious ones the best way I could.

-Alec

My video doesn't illustrate that my blinker is in "fast" mode since the blinkers in the video are in Hazard light mode.

Is there any way to change the resistor in the rear so that it helps with slowing down the blinkers in the front as well?

I'm thinking of your avatar lights with the sequential blinker but the lines more like the McLaren P1 where it outlines from the outside edge and along the top side if that makes sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Hello everyone,

I just recently purchased this upgrade from Alec. Just installed them tonight. Below is a quick summary of what they look like. I worked with Alec on the design. I sent him what I wanted and he was able to produce it with a pretty good turn around time. Along the way he was able to provide weekly updates with an e-mail, picture, or video. He even reinforced my tail lights with silicone to make sure they do not leak. I live an hour from Seattle lots of rain. As most of us know the NSX is notorious for tail light moisture. I did purchase new gaskets and the circular rubber washers to help with the install. Alec is open to any design you are looking for your NSX. In the end they are a great set up and Alec is willing to help in any way he is able. Great customer service and decent turn around time for a one man show. One more nice touch is that if you have any issues after the install he will make it right. No man or woman left behind.

Day Light Pics:

View attachment 99613

View attachment 99614

Evening Pics:

View attachment 99615

View attachment 99617

As for upgrades, this is a nice addition and was not as expensive as other competitors.

Thanks
Jeff

Any updates?

Got a video?

- - - Updated - - -

More ideas:

Shelby-Tuatara-supercar-3.jpg

porsche-918-RSR-hybrid-rear.jpg

Lamborghini-Huracan_LP610-4_2015_1600x1200_wallpaper_08.jpg

Last edited:
My video doesn't illustrate that my blinker is in "fast" mode since the blinkers in the video are in Hazard light mode.

Is there any way to change the resistor in the rear so that it helps with slowing down the blinkers in the front as well?

I'm thinking of your avatar lights with the sequential blinker but the lines more like the McLaren P1 where it outlines from the outside edge and along the top side if that makes sense.

I know when I set up load resistors for a customer who has all 4 lights being LED, I use resistors that put enough load on the circuit to slow it down for the front and the back instead of resisting each light. So one resistor for passenger side and one for driver side. No hyper flash issues on mine and the rate front and back are the same.

-Alec

Can you do this (all in the same color – difference color drawing is for illustration)?

The yellow lines are the parking lights that are on when the park and headlights are turned on
The orange lines is the brake lights
The green squares are the signal lights that signal from center to the outside like that one video you did.

Attachments

• nsx.jpg
    nsx.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 388
Sure could. I'm finishing up a set sort of similar to that right now actually but with the 4 yellow squares as one large rectangle. The only issue I could see with the drawing you have is brake light visibility. I usually try to tell people to keep the brake like section pretty big. What you could do is have the 4 squares be brake lights and sequential turn signals.....

-Alec

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back