• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

To all with 19" rims... or other knowledgable folks.

I checked the FAQ, and searched the past posts... but with no luck.

I am trying to find out what kind of offset is needed to wear 19" wheels on a 91-94 NSX.

I am currently thinking about a set of Racing Hart M5s, but can't decide between 19s all around, (19x8.5 and 19x9.5) or keep a stock stagger and have 18s in the front and 19s out back (same width).

What offset are you guys running? How about tire size?

I want a 305 tire in the rear, but am concerened with rubbing issues. Anyone want to help out and shed a little light or point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Matt Gold
[email protected] www.Specmo.com

For the rear, with a 19x10, standard would be around a +40mm offset, some wheels will also fit with a +38 or +42. It would be a lot better to go with a 18inch front wheel because of fitment/rubbing issues and tire selection and fitment. Do some research on matching front and rear tires for the brand of tires you want to run first. For the front, a 18x7.5 or 18x8 would be the widest I would go. A 305 tire would be overkill and you will definately feel the lag. I would recommend a 275/30/19 for the rear.

Originally posted by MattGold:
I checked the FAQ, and searched the past posts... but with no luck.

I am trying to find out what kind of offset is needed to wear 19" wheels on a 91-94 NSX.

I am currently thinking about a set of Racing Hart M5s, but can't decide between 19s all around, (19x8.5 and 19x9.5) or keep a stock stagger and have 18s in the front and 19s out back (same width).

What offset are you guys running? How about tire size?

I want a 305 tire in the rear, but am concerened with rubbing issues. Anyone want to help out and shed a little light or point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Matt Gold
[email protected] www.Specmo.com

------------------
acrmotorsports_1681_33419

www.acrmotorsports.com

Very few people are using 18"/19" sizes and I would seriously recommend avoiding them. Tire availability is a problem. Performance will also suffer because most tire sizes will have a significantly larger outer diameter than stock. (For example, the 275/30-19 outer diameter is almost 11 percent larger than stock.) That's like putting taller gears on your car; acceleration will suffer.

There are much better choices available for 17" front / 18" rear.

This is why there's so little information available on 18"/19" sizes.

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 27 April 2002).]

Volk GT-P

17x8 215/40/17 Bridgestone S02 PP

18x10 265/35/18 Bridgestone S02 PP

I am very happy with this setup. No TCS/ABS issues. Sits flush with fenders. I also think the tires fit nicely contrary to what many people fell about 265's on 18's.

hmmm.. ok.

So saying I went with a 18x8 front rim, what size tire would actually fit without rubbing? 245/45? 255/40? I'll most likely end up going with 19s in the rear, but wouldn't a 275 wheel leave some extra space on 10" rim...in other words, wouldn't a 275 tire be better suited on a 9.5" rim?

As for looking cool when bending rims, well... it *is* just an aesthetic issue, but I really had my heart set on them... I'll keep my stock wheels for track days. =)

CK, I do understand the concept of losing the acceleration...but just getting an NSX brings up that issue, an issue I'm going to have to deal with... going from a 12second rotary car to a 14second honda is tough... So I want to at least look good when backing down from races... =)

I know it might not be the most mature mentality, but, it makes sense to me. =)

------------------
Matt Gold
[email protected]

www.Specmo.com

Yes, there are few tire brands in the 18/19 combo that you'll need. Toyo T1-S, S03's and P-Zero's are make them. I recommend 18x8 with 225/35-18 and 19x10's with 275/30-19's. You can also probably go 285/30-19 without TCS problems. Perhaps you should think about going with a 4.23 or 4.55 R&P to counter the larger tires.

Originally posted by Macster:
You can also probably go 285/30-19 without TCS problems.

Yes, you can.

225/35-18 is 4.9 percent larger outer diameter than stock in front.
275/30-19 is 2.6 percent larger in rear.
285/30-19 is 3.5 percent larger in rear.

In either case, the TCS should work; the difference front to rear is either 2.3 or 1.4 percent. TCS won't work if the difference is 5 percent or more.

Back