• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

To everything, there is a season ...

Well, I sold my '96 black/tan this morning. If the IT industry wasn't in such bad shape, I would have rather cut off my arm than sell my car. But, as it stands, the car had to be let go.

The year and a half I owned the car went by so fast, but I enjoyed every mile of it! For my next car, I wanted to watch my budget a little but not stray too far from the NSX.... what else describes that better than an S2000. I'll be picking up my 2002 Silver/Black S2000 tomorrow morning. Hopefully, someday when things pick back up, you'll see me again in a '98+ NSX.

Many thanks to everyone for your help, friendship, and all the memories.

-Deep

I'm sorry you feel badly, black tan is the most classic sports car collour combo imo,but you'll have a great time with the s2000,its a fun daily driver.Make sure you visit s2k international very active forums.

yes, they sure are active....i was once there. i agree with the outlook on the economy..hope things improve for you.

Wow. Sorry to hear this.

I wouldn't have thought that the difference between a 2002 S2000 and a 1996 NSX would have made that much difference.

-J

Edit...

Last edited:
I am sorry to see the car go my friend.... I hope you stick around the forums...

Talk to you on msn... Tell me all about your new ride..

The financial difference between a '96 NSX and a '02 S2k is actually pretty substantial. My NSX sold for $40-45K and I bought my S2k for $26K. 20 grand is quite a bit of extra cash in the bank if you ask me. Also, the gas mileage is better and the insurance is lower as well.

The S2k is really a fun little car to throw around. The handling is absolutely superb and the 6 sec drop top is a big plus. On the other hand, the stock stereo is utter crap and the low end torque is pretty sad. Once you get past 6K on the tach, however, it's all smiles from there.

It's not an NSX by any means, but it'll do just fine for a year or two. I'll post a few pics of my new ride soon.

Soulstice: Sorry that you parted with the NSX... i know what you mean, if the IT Industry wasn't in such a slump at the moment i'd have my own NSX by now! :(

lovely "downgrade" though... the S2000 is a lovely choice. :D

Was the buyer someone from here?

My condolences on the sale of your NSX. Hopefully the memories will sustain you until you get another one.

Soulstice
I'm sorry to hear about you having to sell your car. Hope you will be back on your feet again in no-time. This bad-economy thing will not last forever, I'm sure.

Deep- hope you like the new car....how bad is the industry for you? I havent been searching but have been stable in a healthcare environment the last 3 years...let me know or just PM me..thanks

It (IT industry) is pretty good here in southern Florida, you should head on down this way.

This is also a great place to have a NSX! :D

SR

Back