• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Too late to start modifying a stock NSX?

Well, the OP did ask for input . . . .
No worries!

Just an example... After owning this car for over 10 yrs and going thru 5 different gearset configurations whether by choice or as a repair effort, I'm a huge fan of making a shorter gearset and lightening the rotating assembly one of the first mods. Albeit it's expensive but cheaper than going FI. This is one of those realizations when someone ask me... "If you could do it all over again.."

EDIT: I just love how Jethro (and Tsuchiya) dance with their NSX-Rs. They are no longer the fastest out there but the car control they exhibit looks like a lot of fun. I love how when they control that slide they have masterful control of that rear end that has a tendency to pendulum. That's kept in control with the massive amount of rebound built-into NSX-R Showa dampers. I've already shock dyno'd them and the rebound is off the charts. No wonder they ride like rocks but the chassis control is incredible on track. Looks like fun!

Last edited:
[MENTION=20915]RYU[/MENTION] Do you have a link to the dyno plot?

Back on topic, it's never too late to start modifications, but the previous advice on keeping all the OEM parts and everything reversible is wise. It all depends if you're the type that can be content with what you have, or you're like most of the population in which case the pursuit of something ends up being the best part of actually getting it. A smaller percentage just likes to tinker and change things naturally (for better or worse).

Personally, I've had my '92 for 15 years and the most fun I had with it was the first 8 years when I pretty much left it OEM (even the small wheels) but gave it a big diet (no stereo, ABS, TCS, cruise, A/C, etc). The car was a blast to drive. I've spent some time and money on it the past 7 years with almost doubling the power, making it stop, handle, and look better, but it really hasn't increased my driving satisfaction proportionally. That's why I leave the other collectable cars alone!

[MENTION=20915]RYU[/MENTION] Can you send them to me please? I'd like to compare with my dampening range given I have similar spring rates and unsprung weights as the NA2-R.

@RYU Can you send them to me please? I'd like to compare with my dampening range given I have similar spring rates and unsprung weights as the NA2-R.
I feel like I may have sent you them already? it's been about 2.5yrs and a quick photo search didn't pull anything. i'll see what I can do this wknd! I remember it was in metric as well.

Back