• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Took a 1300 mile trip in our Noveulle Blue NSX and got to intimately get to know her!

Most NSX owners want to make their cars louder. But if you want quieter highway cruising, just use "sport" mode. Which is mis-named; should be called Standard or Normal mode.

Thank you for the reply. I know about sport mode but then the engine is constantly kicking in and out. I find this makes the car “clunky”. I really don’t like sitting at a stop light in total silence—very weird!

I’m asking around if there’s a way to turn off either the noise or the clunk.

After my test drive I’m now not so hot on getting one. I was ready to do the deal tomorrow.

I do put it in quiet or sport to quiet it down when needed. But I love the throttle response in sport + so that’s where it stays most of the time. And after years in my 360C with straight pipes (what a great sound!) and even wearing custom earplugs, I’m concerned about my hearing. It’s still good, just being careful.

How much of the sound is artificial or piped in?

Tabasco - for sport mode with it turning on and off it’s doing what it’s suposed to do. Even the McLaren 570 does it in Normal, or whatever mode. By design. In sport + it’s not clunky! It’s ready to go. Skip sport.

What do you think of the deal? My ‘00 would have a garage buddy.

I remember talking to you a few years ago at the Pohanka meet we had and based on that, I would suggest that you wait rather than jump on a "deal". You strike me as the long term, fastidious owner and because of that I would say get EXACTLY what you want rather than compromise to save a few bucks. Take your time and wait for the right used car, or order something direct. The car is pretty new still and it may change a bit over the years to be more to your liking.

That’s a great story. It reminds me of our 1250 mile trip home from buying our 2000 NSX in Ft Lauderdale. My NSX is the most comfortable car I have ever owned.

We just test drove a ‘17 Novelle Blue today. We only went about 20 miles but here are my thought.

In default sport mode I find it “clunky”. I do not like the engine kicking in and out during around town driving. In sports plus it gets quite loud in the cabin. Not the musical sound of my ‘00. There is a rattle in the “a” pillar that drive me crazy. On the plus side, it’s a gorgeous fast car.

This particular car is driven by a local Acura dealership owner. He has put 1200 miles on it and will sell it to me as a certified used car for $148k. Original sticker is $202k. Too much carbon fiber that I have no interest in. I don’t like the CF spoiler. Also, the “flower” wheels are not something I would order.

What do you think of the deal? My ‘00 would have a garage buddy.

Thanks for your great road trip story.

Our F80 M3 has a similar mode when engaged shuts off the gas motor at stoplights, we hate it and very weird. Gas engine cars should not shut off period since no one buys an M3 or 2017 NSX for gas savings.

We think the biggest problem is the new NSX needs another mode between Quiet and Sport called "ECONO" mode. In Sport mode the valves should still be closed but gas motor should not shut off. Problem solved.

The current modes are not properly labeled, should be:

Stealth/Quiet mode > ECONO > SPORT > SPORT PLUS > TRACK

Modes should be Quiet - Comfort - Sport - Track

Plus a dedicated button to open/close the valves like Porsche PSE.

Modes should be Quiet - Comfort - Sport - Track

Plus a dedicated button to open/close the valves like Porsche PSE.

Agreed, plus move the START button inside that big silver dial. The biggest issue we have is our passengers intuitively grab that knob thinking it's the radio volume know :). Acura should have moved the button layout around. The radio needs a volume knob!

Since we are on the wish list - another nice feature would be some more storage but can't be picky, the car is really a great car and vey livable!

Took the car out with my son and he exclaimed "daddy this car is much nicer than the Orange car" (he's referring to the Huracan).

The start button inside the center of the mode dial would be great for design, but I'll bet they didn't put it there for safety reasons as it could easily be poked/pushed during driving and shut off the car. That could be deadly dangerous.

A volume knob really is needed.

My 9yo son loves the NSX. He's named it "Spaceship". Insists on me driving it when dropping off/picking him up from school. His classmates give him high-5's because of the car. Funny enough, he's obsessed with the cupholders. Inserts the cupholder as soon as he gets in the car, and we never have drinks in the car. So weird.

While watching Jay Leno's interview with the designer they made a huge deal about how long it took to design the mirrors. Guess they should have consulted the aero people too ;)

Lexus had a HUGE wind noise problem with their LS460 in which they had to buy back many cars. They wont release the data.
I almost picked up a buy back for super cheap.
Later a Lexus forum guy figured out the issue, solved it, and went to Lexus to divulge the secret recipe... for a fee. "No Thanks !" said Lexus. Too much pride. Cost them millions and who knows how much in image with buyers.

Love the story!! About the wind noise you are referring to, We had a new nsx in the shop with the exact complaint. The fix for the noise ended up being not enough foam padding around the mirrors where they mount. Hope your locate dealer is able to fix it.

Most NSX owners want to make their cars louder. But if you want quieter highway cruising, just use "sport" mode. Which is mis-named; should be called Standard or Normal mode.

Some posts never made it (awaiting moderator approval).

Trying to be careful with my hearing. After years with my 360C and straight pipes (what an incredible Ferrari sound), and even with custom ear plugs I want to be careful. I love pure exhaust sound... piped in fake sound no so much. Not sure what the NSX is doing with interior sound.

Last edited:
haha the nsx is a library compared to your cat delete 360:eek:

haha the nsx is a library compared to your cat delete 360:eek:

Yes, the NSX is the most elegant supercar out there with it's very refined sound that does not assault your ears or eyes! In a way, I think this is why many people do not like the car but as once you get used to the loud and brutal sounds of say a Huracan, it's a welcome change :)

We were originally set on getting replacement Recaro bucket seats but truthfully, these OEM seats are so damn comfortable we may keep the stock seats for a bit longer. NO WAY MY BACK would last 5 hours in the Huracan and if we had to make this same 1300 mile trip in the Huracan, I'd probably need to go see my chiropractor afterwards!

NSX +2 :)

The new NSX is by far most comfort Super car, even compare to 12C, 911, or a Lexus LC ... not sure if I love it that way, but surely good for wife and kids ...

I noticed very small wind noise by driver window too .. (since the car is to quiet) is that common issue?

Couple drives over the weekend and love the car. I’m noticing a noise or “rattle” on each window when going over rough road. Maybe the glass shifting on the rubber seal? I have the Honda silicone grease just need to apply it.

Road trips, track time, I’ve never had a problem in any car with coolant temp and I’ve always added Red Line Water Wetter to help. Any issue using it in the NSX or not needed so don’t use it?

Couple drives over the weekend and love the car. I’m noticing a noise or “rattle” on each window when going over rough road. Maybe the glass shifting on the rubber seal? I have the Honda silicone grease just need to apply it.

For our car it's not a rattle - definitely an air leak that comes and goes at 55 but at higher speeds it's constant and from both doors. It was pretty annoying on a long distance drive that we actually cracked the window open to relieve the pressure a bit. Local dealer says they need to hear it on a test drive prior to fixing it so that means the car needs to be left at dealer.

A bit apprehensive to leave it there overnight and then there is the issue of the passenger window rubber seal getting crushed at the top where the plastic tab is not visible anymore.

The new NSX is by far most comfort Super car, even compare to 12C, 911, or a Lexus LC ... not sure if I love it that way, but surely good for wife and kids ...

I noticed very small wind noise by driver window too .. (since the car is to quiet) is that common issue?

Lexus LC? That's not what i expected....

Congrats on the road trip! I drove my brand spanking new 4 delivery mile Nouvelle blue/red aniline leather, black caliper, charcoal Y spoke 2017 NSX about 2300 miles cross-country. The trip took 3 1/2 days from Jacksonville, FL to my home in Vegas with overnight stops in my former home of Houston (12 hour day driving), San Antonio to visit friends, and Tuscon. I had not even sat in a new NSX prior to purchase. The deal was too good to pass up (A legitimate supercar for common Porsche GTS money!? Yes please!). I have a later serial number 2017 model, but I have to say, I disagree with the wind noise, Continental tire, and harsh ride comments based on my trip and 6 months of ownership.

I am 6'4" and an athletic 240 and the whole trip was very comfortable even for a guy my size. The wind noise was not an issue at all (possibly corrected by the October 2017 build date on my car). The stock Continental tires handled pouring rain outside of Houston, cold morning temps, and desert heat so far all very well. I drove mostly in Comfort and Sport Plus modes. Sport is a waste of a drive mode imo and I never ever use it. Exhaust sound is noticeably different between all modes except Sport Plus and Track. This thing shrugs off crappy streets and potholes like they're nothing, so it makes for an awesome cross-country drive!

I fit a standard carry on bag and a large duffel in the vehicle (trunk will actually fit TWO carry-on size bags on either side of the hump as there is plenty of space under the quarter panels and I test fitted two roller bags once I got home). The large duffel rode in the trunk and the suitcase rode shotgun on my pillow, but only because I had food in it that I didn't want heated up in the trunk. The trunk does get hot enough to likely spoil food over a long trip.

I was amazed at the handling and driveability, comfort of the seats, and coolness of the Quiet mode (when I needed to take business calls over Bluetooth while driving or sneak up in a suspect area to refuel). The overall reaction from strangers in spite of the rampant hate for the car in video review comments and some forums, was overwhelmingly positive. The car broke necks and had people tailing me for miles and miles with camera phones at the ready. Plenty of thumbs up and gas station conversations from all ages and walks of life. Everyone was genuinely excited to see one and hear about it. One guy thanked me profusely for buying it so that he was able to see one in person. Lol

I averaged a little over 20 mpg on the drive, with liberal use of the skinny pedal and 75-85+ mph averages along the way. I'm currently averaging about 19 with mostly city driving and manually shifting in Sport Plus, not letting the revs drop below 3,000 rpm generally (for more of the sweet exhaust sound). That being said, Comfort mode actually surprised me in how docile and comfortable the car can be for a supercar! Plus, it's kind of badass when you sneak into a spot all quiet and nobody notices. When they do, they look shocked to see a car like that appear out of seemingly nowhere. I like it's not a shouty "look-at-me" ride if you don't want it to be. I feel like the ninja-esque supercar is going to be the hot new trend once it beomes cliche for people to drive screaming, fire belching, sputtering, obscene, neon/brightly colored machines. What I thought would be my least favorite feature has actually become one of my favs..... "Prius mode" is kinda cool! Nice for sneaking home late at night or just going semi-incognito on The Strip.

I have the stock sound system and find it to be decent, but nothing to write home about. I really only use it when I'm in Comfort mode anyway, as I love the exhaust note in Sport Plus and Track and drive with the radio off mostly. I don't know that I would want it any louder than it is, though the Quiksilver exhaust sounds BRUTAL on this car in the online videos. That'll be the one of I want it loud in Sport Plus if I can still keep it quiet in Comfort.

Overall, this car has smoked anything foolish enough to try it. The car shoots off the line at breakneck speed, but it is very linear, due to the electric motors. You don't get that crazy sudden kick in the back as hard as other cars with more lag, so it might contribute to the perceived lack of speed. Make no mistake, it is FAST! It still shoves you rearward with plenty of authority faster than you ever would need to on the street. In a blink you are over any posted speed limit. I may have had it up to 150 on a deserted stretch of the 10 interstate before I decided I didn't want to risk jail time for much longer. It was still pulling very hard.....

I literally have zero real complaints about the car. I guess you could nitpick stupid things like the visors not being suede or the gas needle being slightly off center (looking at you J. Clarkson). These gripes I hear all sound very whiny and effeminate to me (no vanity mirrors!?). Lol. I knew the storage space inside was lacking (more than expected actually between the console, cubby, glove box, and door handle indentations) , the stock stereo wasn't a world beater (still like it though and use the steering wheel for volume instead of the slider), and the trunk couldn't fit full size suitcases. Compared to the crappy ergonomics, high operating costs, reliability, propensity to burst into flames of many of its competitors, I find these gripes laughable. Buy some other car if built-in cup holders and vanity mirrors matter to you. You clearly aren't concerned with the things that REALLY MATTER in a car like this.....

I am planning on getting new Michelin PS4 tires soon since the stock Contis aren't the most grippy they say (magazines tested it with Contis vs other supercar with race spec tires and it was not THAT much slower around the track) but I would like to see the difference stickier tires make. No Trofeo R tires for me however, as I do want it somewhat streetable if we get a heavy summer storm.

As it is, the handling is the one thing that sticks out the most on this car. It is insane! I don't care what a race car driver who knows the circuit and cars he is driving like the back of his hand can do around a track. I would defy you to find a car a layperson who could make a supercar stick in the corners like this one with no previous seat time. It's so easy to drive FAST! Also, very very fun! Still slides and feels like there's not as many nannies as there are. I don't know what "video-gamey" feels like, but this car feels a lot less artificial than the technology would lead you to believe.

It's a bad-ass mofo of a supercar to be sure! I'm glad all the hate exists as I want to pick up a Red/Orchid or Silver/Red one in a few years for under $95-$100 and then resell it for $250k in 10 years (I'm keeping my blue baby for life or until I can't get out of it anymore lol). Hopefully people who have never driven one keep dumping on it and Acura doesn't stop production soon, so prices don't skyrocket once people figure out how sweet this car is and how exclusive it will be due to the low production numbers.

I didn't document my trip in pics like you did (some car club guy got a pic at a gas station in Tallahassee). Mostly because I wasn't intending to share my experiences publicly, but I saw this thread and decided to chime in for what it's worth.

P. S. Would I do this trip again? Sure, why not!? This thing is supremely suited to the task!

Fast forward ownership for a few months now, we are finally getting some parts on the car!

We are working on a carbon fiber splitter and a few other pars for the exterior of the car. The car has officially been lowered 12mm using a cup kit and works perfectly with the factory wheels and tires.

The carbon fiber break and front carbon splitter is now on the car so look for new pictures soon. We also have a matching carbon fiber thicker grip steering wheel for the car as well...

thanks
EB staff

www.euroboutique.us

From WekFest 2018 SJ:

Did a mini photoshoot with a few new mods:

- SOS Cup Kit lowered 12mm
- Spacers on front and rear to give the car a better stance
- EuroBoutique Carbon Fiber Nose Beak
- EuroBoutique Carbon Fiber Rock Guards
- EuroBoutique Carbon Fiber front splitter
- Custom graphics and wrap

We are working on the interior now so once it's done will add pics here, happy Friday!

Carbon Fiber Rock Guards protect the side rockers:

Did a mini photoshoot with a few new mods:

- SOS Cup Kit lowered 12mm
- Spacers on front and rear to give the car a better stance
- EuroBoutique Carbon Fiber Nose Beak
- EuroBoutique Carbon Fiber Rock Guards
- EuroBoutique Carbon Fiber front splitter
- Custom graphics and wrap

We are working on the interior now so once it's done will add pics here, happy Friday!

Carbon Fiber Rock Guards protect the side rockers:

outstanding :cool:

Thanks for this review. It was very informative I really enjoyed it and your car looks amazing. I've been thinking about buying a new NSX, hoping to test drive one soon.

Does the instrument cluster have any gauges like engine/trans temp, boost, oil pressure etc ?

Thanks for this review. It was very informative I really enjoyed it and your car looks amazing. I've been thinking about buying a new NSX, hoping to test drive one soon.

Does the instrument cluster have any gauges like engine/trans temp, boost, oil pressure etc ?

There is a water temp gauge and that never goes above 40%. There are some hybrid oriented gauges but they have little to no meaning to me.

Any worries with Hotel parking lots? This is what scares me about driving a nice car on a road trip...

Back