• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Top speed so far

> 160 MPH
smile.gif

I'm a bit fuzzy remembering the exact speed achieved. I was more impressed by the Mitsu Eclipse keeping up with me (obviously a very modified Eclipse.) Also impressive was how well the NSX could accelerate above 140mph.

135 but im an idiot and did it on the interstate(very little to no traffic)

when i was really young and dumb i did 148 in a bmw 325is 1989 model. it was late at night on interstate with no other cars around. very cool, a little scary, and i actually felt more solid than doing 120. that little beast squatted better past 130, but nervous at 110-125.

i also did a similiar idiotic stunt in my brand new 94 honda accord 2dr coupe. roughly 125-130. the limiter kept kicking in which was the scariest part of the deal.

of course this was all pre-kyds, pre-wife, old brain stuff and im glad to have lived through my stupidity.

(except for the nsx which seems to haved caused a one time relapse)

In the NSX 158MPH. The fastest I have ever gone on the ground 171MPH on a ZX-11. I felt like I was going to be blown off the bike. In the air over 400MPH.
smile.gif

so are you a pilot, or what. share some stories.

both my grandpa and his brother were pilots and the stories are interesting.....

a long time ago but ive got some wild anecdotes as a result

The 400mph was as a passenger in a Lear owned by a friends company. I did have my private pilots license for a while. I have flown Cessnas and a Mooney. I became very busy and let the certificate lapse. Flying is a lot of fun, but very expensive. I have always wanted to learn to fly a helicopter. Has anyone here ever flown a helicopter? I have heard it is very difficult to do. A friend of mine had his helicopter license and was going to take me along. He worked for life flight, a conglomeration of four or five hospitals. Unfortunately he died in a crash with terrain on a very foggy night.

I've had a couple of lessons flying choppers, don't have a license though. I do have a license for airplanes, seaplanes, and gliders (sailplanes).

A surprising number of NSX owners are pilots. In most groups you associate with, you might find one percent of the people have ever flown a plane. At NSXPO 2001, we had dinner after visiting the EAA Museum at Oshkosh. When I was at the podium, I asked everyone in the crowd who had ever flown a plane to raise his/her hand. About 40 percent of the group did so.

2nd place : 105mph, passing a mobile home on the 2-lane highway (MR2 meet)

1st place: 130mph, going to Dallas, when my (sorta GF) told me to punch it.
smile.gif

What can I say, I'm a wimp...

163 at 7900

5 spd with 4.55

130 mph in the NSX. 192 mph on my stock HAYABUSA. Im also a private pilot and I am building an experimental airplane in my garage. An RV-8 if anybody is familiar with experimentals.

Originally posted by randall:
how can a stock nsx do 178 mph per some of the posts?
confused.gif

Whats wrong with that?
Remember that it is what the needle says. Don't know about tolerance of the speedo.

170-175 MPH going north on the I-5 (California) just as you are going downhill when you hit the grapvine. All momentum after accelerating to 150 MPH using my powerplant!

[This message has been edited by Poloman (edited 21 February 2002).]

Originally posted by Ed LeBoeuf:
130 mph in the NSX. 192 mph on my stock HAYABUSA. Im also a private pilot and I am building an experimental airplane in my garage. An RV-8 if anybody is familiar with experimentals.

Ed, my Dad is working on an RV-9; right now he's still working with the (mispelled, I'm sure) Empenauge.

How is it coming for you?

Originally posted by randall:
how can a stock nsx do 178 mph per some of the posts?
confused.gif

Maybe our European "Honda" NSX are faster !
biggrin.gif

My topspeed is something like 285 km/h too (the little mark without number just after 280km/h) !

My car has exactly the same engine mods than DutchBlackNSX (Remus exhaust, Comptech cat bypass pipes and RM Cold intake)

David G.

OK . . . in my NSX I recently did 120 on the way back from LA, southbound on the 110 through Watts & Compton in the carpool lane. It was exhilarating and also a bit spoooky - my Dad ALWAYS told me dont go TOO fast in bad neighborhoods, as mufflers fall off shitty cars every 13 seconds!

But my "Jackass of all Time" speed was about 140. In like 1986 I came out to visit LA and rented a 560SL. Around the corner from the rental place I quickly flipped the air-filter cover to gain the alleged 5 HP. It also made that fucker sound pretty bad-ass for a ho-mobile! Anyway, I was drunk around 5:30 AM and had a chick I was showing off to in the passenger seat. No seat belts on . . IT HAD AIRBAGS!!!!! Brand New Technology, you see . . . I was on the 10 doing about 140 when a cop went by in the other direction . . and quickly exited to turn around & chase. I made it back to her house without getting zapped, luckily. I dont drink anymore by the way!

Back