• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Torque numbers on super chargers

Hi guys,

I was interested in knowing what some of the highest torque numbers people have gotten off of a s/c setup. If you post your numbers could you also post any mods that contributed to those numbers.

MarkB said:
I am getting max. torque of 264ft.lb. at about 5k rpm. My setup includes I/H/E/SC from Comptech.
I know this was probably posted in a previous thread but is your CTSC the low boost or high boost kit ? Thanks.

... horrible! I think my stock MB CLK or stage 2 Audi S4 feels like they have more torque!

4965ktan.jpg

ktan said:
... horrible! I think my stock MB CLK or stage 2 Audi S4 feels like they have more torque!

I would hope so. Different animals, displacement and turbo. The type of SC used by the Basch system is inherently more linear than others and dramatically more so than a turbo. Unless you spin it up sooner then bleed some off, yours is working exactly as designed. If you love torque you bought the wrong forced induction system.

Mark911 said:
325ft/lbs at 3500 rpm maxing at 350ft/lbs at 5500 rpm. MSC Performance S/Cer at 10 psi. See www.mscperformance.com "engine section" under "dyno charts".

Mark,

Your system rules. I would love to drive that. It makes WAY more TQ than any other SC and it makes a ton of HP too!

sjs said:
If you love torque you bought the wrong forced induction system.

I would agree with that. The BBSC sure isn't a TQ monster. It would be nice to have about 250lbs at 3000 rpm. On the otherhand, once you shift in to 2nd at WOT, the car just takes off like a bullet!

I'm not saying it isn't "fast", or that it's a bad choice for everyone, but high-reving small displacement engines are inherently low on torque and the BBSC "extends" those characteristics rather than "complimenting" them. Some people prefer that especially for a track car (road course) because it is smooth, linear, predictable. I prefer to tame a turbo and get that big block feel, but it's not for everyone.

Mark911 said:
blah blah blah ... See www.mscperformance.com "engine section" under "dyno charts".

Oh...my...gawd. How did I not see see your website before Mark? I seriously need to stop being productive at work.

Really like your FI and oil cooler/thermal control sections. Made me want to go back to school and become an engineer.

Mark911 said:
325ft/lbs at 3500 rpm maxing at 350ft/lbs at 5500 rpm. MSC Performance S/Cer at 10 psi. See www.mscperformance.com "engine section" under "dyno charts".

Damn!!! no need to go into vtec... Nice.

Mark,, Simply a whole different level. Your passion shows throughout the layout of your work. That is a whole lot of work..
How does the car handle? How about the Braking?
I have a huge set of Brembo's at my disposal, ho hard was it to come up with the brackets? Are these brackets something you would want to offer up? :smile:

Nice work.

Last edited:
NetViper said:
I would agree with that. The BBSC sure isn't a TQ monster. It would be nice to have about 250lbs at 3000 rpm. On the otherhand, once you shift in to 2nd at WOT, the car just takes off like a bullet!

What a .22? :smile:
Or a 50MM..... :biggrin:
JMWY

High Boost CTSC with H/ E and CT air filter, AEM EMS, 55O injectors, Wallbro Fuel pump. I rechecked my dyno from Autowave ~ 280ft lbs.

Rod

Thanks for all the feed back guys. I had thought that Mark911 had the highest TQ numbers for a SC and it looks to be true.

I was just interested in seeing what could be attained using a SC versus a turbo system.

219 lbs of torque from 4000-7000 rpm. Not alot but very linear.

BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:
219 lbs of torque from 4000-7000 rpm. Not alot but very linear.

Is that at the wheels? That would be compared to a stock car at about 180. So you picked up 40lbs of TQ and I KNOW you feel that! :biggrin:

NetViper said:
Is that at the wheels? That would be compared to a stock car at about 180. So you picked up 40lbs of TQ and I KNOW you feel that! :biggrin:

yea, just ran into my office to double check. From 4-7k it really doesnt jump around or spike at all.

nsxsupra said:
That is serious power band, king of Super Charged NSX.

Romeo's highly boosted nsx (since sold IIRC??) pegged Mr. Dyno Man's Dyno Machine at 480HP/331 lb-ft

there's a dyno sheet in the FI forum somewhere...

I have 338.5lbs @ 4200 RPM my belt was slipping real bad so we never hit any real high RPM's. we did hit 16 PSI. My goal is about 18 to 19 PSI and should be able to get there with my new pulley's.

Back